⚠️ IMPORTANT - Pixel Watch 3, Samsung Galaxy Watch7/Ultra compatibility

Cool .

2 Likes

Sell the Ultra :joy:

3 Likes

@jason.clarke.uk . Keep the Ultra have a go on WFS .

2 Likes

I’m already working with WFS… takes a little getting used to, but once you get going, its not too bad. With regards to WFS… will keep this short, as its Facer!.. but there are various complication apps out there which provide missing complications such as Phone battery and Week of Year, Day of Year etc. Just search for complications in the google play store and you will be presented with some useful apps (install on phone and watch).

3 Likes

WEEK_IN_YEAR
DAY_IN_YEAR
tag’s exists

3 Likes

Are you asking or telling us ?
If you are asking the answer is yes .

1 Like

Sysanalyser is referring to the tags existing in WFS…and yes they do…but there are also complications that provide those and others…in any case…the more the better. Still want Facer to be welcomed on os wear 5 and beyond though. Lets hope an update is posted not before too long.

2 Likes

Oh OK . I get a bit confused with these cross platform Chats . To Old for anything really Clever . I think it will be a great surprise If Facer is never allowed to Join in . I think the store are trying to make some Money with thier Regulars Efforts before it is opened up to us ( Facer ) . The Google Store is not being very Kind to many of its WFS Makers at the moment .
The questions about GW7/ULTRA has nearly Destroyed the Official FB Group .

2 Likes

It is interesting that new watchfaces can be forced to run on older wearOS, but older on new one no more. Or are these videos scam? Where is the progress? What are the extra resources, the new more powerful HW brings, wasted on? AI nonsense?

4 Likes

The videos are not scam. The samsung watch faces are available to download as apks. Just had to wait for the official release before someone got hold of the file and released them in public domain. But its alot more hassle to sideload apps to your watch so not many will entertain this option, plus the risk that the apks could contain viruses or malicious code of some sort. If you are installing something from an unknown source…you are putting yourself at risk.

6 Likes

Bravo! Yes. Yes.100% correct, jason.clarke.uk . That’s not something for the faint of heart nor for the non-tech savvy - not to mention security risks. I don’t know why so many people presumed Facer would be compatible and/or did not research it via Facer Support ahead of time. Facer apparently was caught by surprise by Samsung and Google. Google was never on my list for warm fuzzies (Search the original version of that kids’ story.). I look forward to seeing evidence that they are working more quickly to resolve the issue with Facer. I’m sure it will happen one of these days, but I just feel so sorry for Facer because it has been a target of a massive amount of cold pricklies at Facebook. [Sorry, I spent so many years teaching K-5 before teaching in the tech field that I often relate life to children’s literature - which is why most of it was written to begin with.]

4 Likes

Any ideas what this is about please?

2 Likes

It is about Facer making Money . Enjoy .

2 Likes

Yes, looks like Facer is selling watch faces on Google store that work on the Ultra…

Maybe a way to knock on the Google door to get some attention to get talking about Facer compatibily…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I feel that Samsung is playing the same game . Preferring thier favourite Earners and Handicapping thier Faithful Artists who preferer to make something Individual rather than User Fodder.

2 Likes

Hi @tom.vannes
A way to knock on the Google door or rather a way to make money at our expense?
Nothing more has been heard about what they are doing to solve the compatibility problem. On the other hand, they are very busy selling compatible faces on the Google store.
Will there ever be a solution to the incompatibility of Facer with the new smartwatches? I am starting to doubt it. Or maybe we will have to wait for a multitude of users to cancel their subscription to Facer.
At that point they will have to take stock. How much do I earn by selling the new faces? How much have I lost from the canceled subscriptions?
It remains to be seen in which of the two cases the balance is active

4 Likes

Yes, it would be nice to hear something from Facer, is there a chance to solve compatibility problem.

4 Likes

It’s not a Samsung issue. It’s a Google issue. Samsung have upgraded their Wear OS to v5 which unfortunately has to comply with the new watch format. You will find the exact same problem with the new Pixel watches and eventually Mobvoi etc.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your comments. We just made some minor adjustments to the announcement to explicitly include the Pixel Watch 3 which is also affected by this policy change by Google.

For a number of reasons, we are not able to provide specifics on a timeline or nature of the solution being discussed with Google, but we can share that we are actively working on it, and that the effort is mutual.

We will share more here and on other official channels as soon as we’re in a position to do so.

Thanks again for your patience!

8 Likes