Infringing... but what?

Yes. They can trademark Windows as a product but not copyright it as a usable term. Therefore Apple, Linux and every other OS can call their application instances a window.

1 Like

If it’s not on the list (I haven’t found a link) you can add “LCARS”. Putting that in the description or the tags will get a bot response immediately.

1 Like

@mrantisocialguy

Thanks for your addition . I have not made a new topic yet . I asked a couple of questions about including peoples names etc and got no response.
At the moment the LIST is imbedded in this Topic . I have been updating it by editing it as we go . As always on here it is the usual suspects responding . I thought I had made a Dedicated Topic but I was mistaken . Brain Fade. I was planning to do it . I was thinking that the list would appear at the top of the topic and I could Edit it whenever people gave additions. Formatting is a bit of a joke . The edit box does not recognise TAB and does not like lots of spaces or … .
Any way Sir Perhaps you would be kind enough to suggest a Category and Title that will get some Attention .

Personally, I wouldn’t tag anyone in your new topic. I would suggest a topic title except for the fact, every time that I have posted a question it gets ignored. Either that or I’m asking questions that can’t be answered. The only ones that do get responses are the new watch posts, and by the usual suspects! :laughing:

1 Like

I know what you mean. When I have asked for help I rarely get a peep. But If you try to help someone else it gets Hijacked and drifts off Topic. Also if you are asking for help I can only think of two or three who could. I think it is going to have to be BANNED WORDS. I am not sure if that is enough words. I will give it a ho with no refrence to the contributer. As always thanks for your input. I know you are busy with your own stuff and your multi media but you still have time to chip in here : )

I tend to have more free time now since I’m retired and have been forced to slow down on doing stuff due to COVID and the aftereffects of it. As for the topic title if your idea isn’t long enough you could make it “FACER’S BANNED WORDS”. I know it will be long enough!

1 Like

As I was thinking about this discussion, I remembered a student who was in one of my classes years ago. His given name was “Nike”. The fellow will have quite a time if he tries to trademark anything with his name on it.

2 Likes

Good job his surname is not Air : )

Come to think of it, I also had a student named “Jordan”. :laughing:

1 Like

:grin:

You could also consider to name the topic Facer Flag-bot’s Blacklist :slight_smile:
But I would actually expect it was published and actualized in official docs, rather than “reverse engineered” by collecting from bad experiences.

1 Like

@petruuccios

When you say [quote=“petruuccios, post:31, topic:69036”]
published and actualized in official docs
[/quote] are you saying that is something we could get to look at .

I did not find such document, but it would be nice, and I expected Facer would publish it, to avoid some of future misunderstandings.

1 Like

Yeah. I see what you are saying. We need to have a Chat with the Bot. We will have to find out a way to ask Little Labs. I have found Emailing them a little ineffectual.

1 Like

I haven’t even gotten an answer since … but there was another version of it (interestingly it wasn’t banned) and when I took the funny “no oyster” comment out of the description it passed the exam. So it was really just the robot’s lack of humor …

1 Like

Marvin the Paranoid Android was a Wonderfull example of the sense of humour of a Bot. No Oysters then out of season. :rofl::+1::joy:

Yeah, that i love it, but this…

1 Like

@russellcresser consider Banned Words That Result in Copyright Strikes

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t think it will be a problem if it is a bit wordy. It should help flag it up. I was thinking.

BANNED WORDS THAT THE FACER BOT WILL FLAG UP AS A COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

Not sure if it it too long. I know it is not too short. :rofl:

2 Likes

@pandaKrusher @mrantisocialguy.
Sorry I have been a bit busy with something.
It is a bit OCD.
Will you please recommend a catogory for the Banned Words List.