Intermittent Fasting Face

Hi guys! There seems to be no facer for intermittent fasting. There was one once, but it wasnt the common period of 12-20 hours. I’m a n00b, is there anyone who has a watch face like that?

Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Welcome to the best Smartwatch creating Community on the planet :wave:
I can’t help you sorry, but I’m sure one of our many experts should be able to assist sometime soon…

2 Likes

Hello.
I cant remember seeing such watch face.
Maybe it could be arranged, but even though I have vague idea what intermittent fasting is, I have no clue what the watch face should actually display to help with it.
Something like red green traffic lights stop/walk? Eat/starve?
On top of it, there are many various plans and approaches to this kind of diet…

3 Likes

Welcome @Lola Sounds like a Slow ( 24hrs ) face to me with a progress Arc for the fasting period . Here are Two ways of doing that . One is you decide exactly the time as above and it is fixed in a Publication or a Pro makes something with Vars on it so you can adjust it .
Best to show you what I mean .

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for replying!

True, there are different approaches to intermittent. The one Facer use to have (was deleted recently), was one where you would have the eating period in a different color than the fasting period. Kinda like a difference in night and day that is seen on many facers here.

1 Like

This is a mod to a face I made some time ago . 24 hrs dial is not everyone’s favourite but it gives us a talking point.
If you click on the link and the little rocket you can see how it works . If you are really interested I can publish it .

4 Likes

Hi!

Cool! This is indeed what I meant. Perhaps there are more people with similar watch faces? Im sure theres an audience for it :smiley:.

2 Likes

So are you interested enough to sync it ? Shall I publish it . Do you want me to change anything ? I sometimes use the motion detector to show other data when you lift your wrist to your face .

Nice! I wouldn’t have thought analogue but it’s a cool idea. I’d probably do digital time that changes colour during the eating window vs outside it (you could even code it so the user get set the window themselves)

1 Like

Yeah . That will be nice . Let us see what @Lola has in mind . I actually think and image or animation of something like a Meditating Monk and a Working Monk might be More appropriate . This Topic could turn into a Community Challange . They always have Fascinating Results . If a few are up for it I could ask @Lola to update the title to Include Community Challange or I can do it . We should give it a few Hours because of the obvious time Zone Difference .
I have posted Box Breathing Timers that are really Popular ( Not ) . Any way still good fun .

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for the late reply.

I found the one Facer used to have!

No idea how to upload pictures, but I found it through Google (it wont send you to the actual facer since it was removed). Its the first one (red and white). This would be awesome but then for an eating window of 12-20.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sca_esv=589872414&q=intermittent+fasting+facer+watch&tbm=isch&source=lnms&prmd=isvnbtz&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSw8uVkIiDAxXu6wIHHe73AEoQ0pQJegQICRAB&biw=360&bih=649&dpr=3#imgrc=hit5VWW0CB2T1M

1 Like

Good you got back @Lola .Sometimes these Request Topics turn into Tumble Weed ones . Well done finding the reference , Perhaps @roycaruso would like to Do this one . You must Realize that face can only be used for inspiration Despite us both being capable of making an exact copy . Did you answer my question about being a Premium Subscriber . I am not a Pro at the moment so I could not make a publishable Face that was Interactive . I.e. run some Apps and change the settings .
If you go to the upload Icon you can post a picture here . PNG , JPG and GIF ( including Animations ) I am not sure about WEBP . The Upload Icon is the one of the Bar with an Arrow pointing UP .
download (3)

1 Like

Not a Premium Subscriber! Just a poor girl :joy:.

Seems to be an issue with the upload-icon on my phone. Wont work. But glad this worked too.

1 Like

Ok not an issue . I do my best work on my Laptop . I have posted pictures from my Phone . It might be because you have not been Vetted yet .
You will not be Poor if someone makes you a Custom Face that no one else on the Planet has . There are a few things anyone would have to ask . if they were going to make it . Is the period of not eating between 12 - 20 hrs . That face in the picture is fundamentally a 12 hour Analogue Clock face . So would you like the Digital time 24 hrs 12 or swappable according to user settings .

You are right!

I would love one with 24 hrs.
The period of eating is 12-20, not eating is 20-12 (so at night/morning).

1 Like

I would propose two things.

Making it a classic 12h analog face with inner 24h ring for a separate 24h hand seems easiest to me. Or a spiral with “telescopic” hour hand marking the fasting period going twice trough some 12h marks .
Even if digital, there should be some visual representation of a period in a whole day.

We could make it free and “adjustable”, using the time of sync (for example syncing related to eating first meal could start measuring the periods), but I don’t know how eventual crashes or restarts of watch would affect that on different watches (my Gear S3 continues ok after turning off and on, but crashes could make this feature unreliable), so fixed period is more convenient.

1 Like

Here is something for Comment only . All this would be so much easier if the dial was 24 hrs . Having said that Peter has proposed some fantastic Ideas only a Maker will understand ,
@Lola Run the time machine fast ( Play Button ) to test this here

3 Likes

Nice Idea Peter with Sync Timer . I was using that to run a Power usage timer . As I said I think this topic could form the basis of a Community Challange . Telescopic hands on a Spiral Dial might have been done before . Are we allowed to Trot Out old Stock ?

I am meanwhile at tweaking something from my old stock to offer alternative :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most Excellent :::)))