Introducing Facer Creator 7.0, with full support for Apple Watch

We could not be more excited to be releasing Facer Creator 7.0 today, with full support for Apple Watch!

Read more about this announcement here: https://news.facer.io/introducing-the-all-new-facer-creator-with-apple-watch-support-10e498a0124e

4 Likes

Well Good to see a Roll Out .
Seems a bit like the one some have been using for a bit .
It is very Biased to Apple by Default.
On the main Page many of us would like the Drafts to be the Default Filter .
Can we Please have the Old Stickers back . If not as a file in the documents .
I think we need a little Variety in the Weather Icons a few are very similar to each other . A lot on the community ask about the Mist Icon .
Can we Please have a little Manual to explain the Apple Pre-Set Complications . Or are they just app Launchers.

3 Likes

After updating to Creator 7.0, the colors in the design do not match and after updating to watch.!!!

1 Like

I agree. 2 things I really mis is the separation of drafts from live faces. Having the drafts scattered all through the faces and having to filter to find them is a pain.

I too miss the much cleaner stickers that vanished out of the blue.

The other really annping thing is when updating or publishing the browser goes to view face. If I then click creator it opens in a new tab and I have to close the old one.

1 Like

There is a filter for Drafts and Live Faces. But it is not horribly obvious : )

Aye. It’s the fact of having to use a filter that annoys me. Originlly I would see the first few of my drafts in last edited order, a separator, then my live faces in last edited order. It was easy and clean.

1 Like

It would be so Easy for them to make Drafts the Default Filter. If you are on Creator you are there mostly for the one reason : )

@rob.fisk . So sorry I miss read your comment but Hey. I think this Topic needs some action.

@marco69h @rob.fisk I am struggling to understand why there are so few comments on this Topic. Are all the other Designers using a different IDE.

maybe because many designers put in the background of the picture, the dial and that’s it. They don’t solve what those hours look like.

1 Like

This latest Creator is good so far, but there is a bug where my designs keep freezing on the saving screen now, leading to me losing all the work I’ve put into them. This latest design has been frozen on the Saving process for a whole day now -

1 Like

The continual bias of Facer towards Apple watch which really doesn’t play the game back, is very annoying. Mind you, Facer alienates those who aren’t partners too. The facelift seems nothing more than a fresher look. Is there actually any new functionality in the editor itself? I’ve not found any. I agree that there seem to be some performance issues with it saving faces too. It always took a long time, now it takes a very long time. Saving and publishing both have performance issues.
I understand that it might not be possible to implement many of the suggestions from the suggestions thread, but come on, lets see a bit of progress at least.

2 Likes

I am not sure how did you mean it with Apple, but I see there big step forward, where I can now add at least some features, before I could only make photo faces, with no functions at all. What I do not fully understand, how there are faces, that have adjustments in main time elements, which I can not make in given templates.

Strange thing is the “icons” component, which I see as very minor change to replace the earlier stickers. Actually, I would rather see them added, than replaced.

3 Likes

I just added 1 thing to my latest creation, Weather Icons, selected Save, and once again it is hanging like crazy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Totally wasting my time and effort being on here right now :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

We should ask @Facer_Official if the implementation of Creator7 requires more Memory .
From these screen grabs It looks to me like Creator7 is looking for well over 1Gb to run.

1 Like

@Facer_Official It would seem that the process of adding Weather Icons is what is causing the Save problems. I have finally managed to create my new styled Face, but did notice that every time I tried to save it with any kind of Weather Icons was when it just froze on the Saving screen; even if I didn’t actually add any images for the Icons. Hopefully this information can help you amend this problem now :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve always used the web based version: Facer - Thousands of FREE watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more. I don’t deal with Apple products so those functions don’t matter to me. Is there any reason I should try the version of Creator that runs on my PC?

1 Like

Not as far as I’m aware, but then again, I’ve only ever used the online Creator :smiley:

1 Like

I am not sure, was the nonfuctioning opacity for sequences been fixed, or we still do have to shift them out of screen area to disappear?

1 Like

@birkb . Please do not waste your time with the Downloaded version of Facer. It is very top heavy and still needs the Network to Function. I found it to be a bit of Bloatware.

2 Likes