Introducing Facer Creator 7.0, with full support for Apple Watch

Worth a test. I think it is a problem setting the opacity across all the images in the Gif due to the way it is played back. The frames seem to be morphed a bit in the transision .

Thanks for confirming my long-held suspicion.

2 Likes

@russellcresser You cannot change Opacity for multiple gifs, they all revert to whatever Opacity you last used I think.

1 Like

@icrltd4 I will send you a test I did seperatly so we donā€™t go Off Topic on this one.

1 Like

@petruuccios . I just did a test. You can apply an Opacity number to a Sequence. But you can not put any expression in there. It just gets erased and set to Zero.

2 Likes

@Facer_Official . Has Facer.io got a separate Apple Page now. Facer.io does not give an option to select a Device any more so Apple Fresh Faces and Apple Trending can not be previewed there at the moment. The top 100 can be previewed as they have a Filter.

So they have said it now . I have just had a notification that I have had 1,000 syncs on an apple watch that had Digital Hours and minutes on it . Not one message back to say it was not working . Oh Well .

SO NOW YOU KNOW

I find that you have to log out, refresh, then a pop up asks you to select the device & saves it for you.

I didnā€™t even know there was a doanload versionā€¦

I also have a couple apple watches with 1,000s of syncs. Not one person commented saying things arenā€™t working, or they are, or anything. Odd. Apple crowd is a bid different I guessā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks @bradtc . So I guess you have to do that trick again to get back to WOS. Best I give it a go . Different Folks Different Strokes.

1 Like

@bradtc The log out log in trick did not work for me.

It is also annoying that it takes 30s to 3 minutes to change tick marks/number styles. It was not that slow priorr to V7, I am sure. Using browser version as windows app was much slower for everything previously.

1 Like

I also wish to repeat my lament at the loss of the decent stickers we had in place of Icons I am sure I will never use any of. I canā€™t see myself ever using any of the new icons where I regularly used several of the stock stickers.

Also, why do we need 3 feet icons? and whay is the deal with 3 fire icons? I am pretty certain I will know if my watch is on fire. 2 battery icons with too much detail and 3 heart icons, also with too much detail.

Where is the watch icon, the phone icon? The watch icon in particular was a go to for mine to indicate which battery guage was which and I have not been able to find or make one as nice, clean and simple as the old facer sticker.

Again thoug, why 3 of many icons instead of a wider veriety of items and, most importantly, why fire icons? What could they possibly be needed for in every day usage?

Invoking @Facer_Official and @Rator as advised.

1 Like

@rob.fisk Sir may I suggest you invoke @Facer_Official or some one like @Rator who is one of the Partners that often contributes. Having said that I have tried that with no effect but I think they ignore me these days. The Fire Icons are for the Calories Burnt on the Apple Watches. We need 3 so there is lots of Creative Choices. I am wondering when they are going to have a Chat with the Open Weather Guys and get the those Icons sorted. Actually I have just decided this is the last time I intend to raise the subject. It is Christmas. Have a Jolly good Time everyone who Reads this. All the Very Best for the New Year.

2 Likes

So, Facer are going Gung Ho Apple now they have Apple approval and ditching all the previous decent generic stuff?

Thatā€™s a bit rubbish.

I dontā€™t mind that apple is the default int creator on new watch but deleting the decent content we had before for rubish content I will never useis added is poor.
@Facer_Official Give me back my stickers

Also, can they make jsut one flame and let you colour it, as is done with all other icons? If not then allow many, many nore icons. That would include, of course, those previously tagged as stickers, with the exception of the crappy smily

1 Like

All of those old stickers are available on sites that offer free icons. Just download them and edit them to fit your designs - or you can create your own colorful ones. Most of us use graphics applications anyway.
Maybe Iā€™m not understanding what you are requesting, but I donā€™t see a problem with finding icons.

2 Likes

@Linlay. Would you say the same thing about the Weather Icons or would you prefer a more Sorted set of Icons for those Just Beginning thier Face Designing Journey. Or do we not concern our selfā€™s with the Newbie any more. I have no trouble drawing my own Icons but I see Designers who have published loads of Faces still using the Facer Issue Hands Etc.

The problem of finding your own icons is the thousands of terrible ones you have to sift through to find the one decent one you want. In 2 hours of searching I could not find anything close to the simplicity of the previous watch sticker. Then there is the fact that half the sites just take you through loops of not actually downloading but linking you to paid versions.

Also, there is the fact that they were there as a one click option for decent, clean icons and have now gone.

1 Like

Too much whining and whinging here. Facer does what they can for all of us, they canā€™t cater for each and every individual. @rob.fisk if you want a good, simple Watch Icon, then simply look in the Resources section.

1 Like

Considering the days it takes to create a good watch face, spending over 2 hours looking for an icon doesnā€™t seem like a lot of time.

2 Likes

I also do not understand reason, why to remove stuff already made and replace it with new, when there is nothing wrong with the older one, instead of just expanding the posibilities. I also liked some of the previous preset hands in the version before last one, but they are gone now, while they could just expand the collection. I can live without them, and draw my own images, but why invent wheel again, when itā€™s already been done.
It would be nice to know some of the intended changes before they are done, so we could backup some useful resources.

@russellcresser Just do what you like. I use Facer resources often. Other times I create my own or look for free icons. I just finished a Valentine design that uses Facerā€™s second hand and my original hour and minute hands. Iā€™ve also done the opposite. Creativity is what makes designing watch faces fun.

2 Likes