Introducing Facer Creator 7.0, with full support for Apple Watch

@Linlay . I take your point. The point I was trying to make is it is not so easy for those Just starting out like we did. Not so long ago for me so I remember it well . I have published in Resources some Weather Icons that include a Mist one. I can not pretend that all the newbies will see mine and MAG s notes on the subject.

1 Like

Hi Rob,
if you like the old stickers, some of them I put into resources section.

3 Likes

Thanks for tha @petruuccios t. It will be a good go to.

I had no intention of whining @icrltd4, I just sometimes word things badly. I was just pointing out that resources we had used regularly suddenly vanished and I hadnā€™t even seen that change in beta and that the new alternatives had a massively reduced set of items represented over duplicating different versions of the same item.
I was just wondering why there could not just be a larger icon set including the simpler icons we already had and the other object types.
It would be a really nice draw to bring in beginners if there was a much larger selection by default.
To actually reduce the selction of icons by trippling up on a few of them seemed counter productive.

In the non pro arena there seems little to complain about in the creator aspect, aside from that loss, now addressed. I was pleased to see the first step play mode of the time machine move from 1/4 of a second to a second for realistic replay.
It does now seem to take 30s-3m to change from one default tick/numbers to another but having worked mainly on digital faces leading up to V7 I canā€™t confirm that the version change is the reason. I have tested this in several browsers, on several PCs though and it seems to be the current situation.

Iā€™m not a fan of Android playing second fiddle when clicking New Design, but I imagine Apple users were not a fan of being second fiddle previously, no. Not a complaint at all but a suggestion that a split pane New Design default could be a good compromise here, keeping people happy on both sides of the fenceā€¦

Also itā€™s the choice. Feet I can find but the icons add 3 I would never use (others would I am sure but why 3?)
Flame for calorie burn. Would a designer use 3 almost identicle icons of the same colour or just use one and tint for intensity?
Heart: A basic one and one with an ECG. Jobā€™s a godun. If we need different we can look for it. It has been said so here. Why do we need 3 different ECG hearts?

I am not whining I am stating a design ethos. We are now missing default pickable representations of the aspects of the watch or its mesuarable items and the simplest versions of them within the creator itself, ones we regularly used so were great to have on hand. Iā€™m just trying to undesrstant the reason for a change like this with no pass through beta.

Many thanks again to @petruuccios for filling this gap. My attempts to find/recreate the images were fruitles or jaggedy unusable. Iā€™m not a graphics guy.

My strength is getting the maths right in an overcomplicated way until I am corrected into simplifying it.

1 Like

Nice one Rob. Exactly why this Topic was Posted. At least everyone is understanding the Icon / Stickers Issue. :+1: I hope everyone has a Wonderful Christmas and New Year. :bamboo::santa:

1 Like

It is improving with feedback too. Status levels auch as barrter, steps and HR are remembered rather than reset. More good to have that back again.

1 Like