[KNOWN ISSUE / FIXED] AOD freeze on Galaxy Watch 4 since February 9th 2022 firmware update

Hi all, just posted this update in the original post:

Update Feb 24th:

• An updated firmware with a fix from Samsung is starting to roll out worldwide, starting with South Korea
  • For those who cannot wait for the firmware, a workaround has been identified by community members (thanks @abhisturkibng and others!) . More info on the firmware update and workaround can be seen in this video: NEW UPDATE & Major Fix Out! (Galaxy Watch 4) - YouTube
4 Likes

Awesome! I did the work around and my face is working again. Phew

3 Likes

Hello…i have samsung watch4 but i do not have my purchace face anymore. in the face aplication my purchace face is not there enymore. what happend?

1 Like

You may have lost it during an update. If you go into Facer, tap three times like changing a watch face. Go all the way to the right and find the gear icon. Click that gear and it will show you all the settings for Facer plus you will find an option to restore purchases.

Also on the way there you will see a plus (+) in a circle. You might click that to show all the faces that you have downloaded. By default Facer on WearOS only shows the current and 3 recent faces until you click that plus sign.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @victorionutz
I’m pretty sure @mrantisocialguy has solved your problem for you :smiley:

1 Like

My GW4 Classic drain battery when enable background activity for Facer. Kind of wachface des not matter. I star with 100% battery at 6.00am and at 6.00pm battery capacity is only 15%.
When I disable background activity and kill Facer then at 6.00pm battery is about 65%.

1 Like

Just read this good news from an article on the Google homepage Samsung fixes issues with the Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic after their last major firmware updates - NotebookCheck.net News :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, even though my GW4 has been fully updated, your solution does not work, as the enable background activity switch is inactive (greyed out). The same applies to all other apps in the watch. App reinstallation, full system wipe and hard reset are ineffective. Any advice, please? Thanks

4 Likes

I have the same issue with my GW4 “Active” but my GW4 Classic works just fine. I don’t understand why the switch is inactive on the plain GW4. Maybe @Facer_Official could get some information from Samsung on this issue?

2 Likes

Hopefully the new Update will be available for you all soon. I read a couple of days ago that it IS being rolled out now.

2 Likes

As long as all the bugs are worked out before the Fossil and Tickwatch get moved to WearOS 3.

Samsung must have been laughing at their dominant position on being the first to get it until they realised they were just the guineapigs,

3 Likes

Hello, I come to bring a temporary solution to troubleshoot the time that facer regulates the problem.
After several test I arrived at a result the problem will come from the phone application and not from the watch because on the watch I am always in version 6.0.1_106392 (galaxy watch 4) but I downgraded the phone version I passed in version 5.1.72_106101 for the phone (galaxy S21) it still available on galaxy store
And the my watch And my phone synchronizes again the battery of the phone all works perfectly as long as facer does not update the version of the galaxy store this temporary solution and valid .

Good day to all

2 Likes

Awesome thanks it works!!!

1 Like

Think well to block the automatic update in the play store for not that it updates the application facer

1 Like

Perfect, it has been the only solution that has workes for me.
Watch 4 and s22

1 Like

i think AOD works, but if we set AOD off, when waking up the watch, we can see the time quickly sync, meaning you will see it 10:00 and change to 10:02 instead of showing 10:02 once it is awake.

Facer has been doing that since I started using it in June of 2019. My understanding is that the app does not update the time in the background to save battery usage and updates as soon as the watch becomes active. The slower the “computer” inside the watch runs the more lag time you will notice. The new faster watches with better processors have very little lag time.

I don’t think the tag “fixed” is appropriate. The “fix” that Samsung pushed did nothing for me, same problem remained. Also the workaround suggested doesn’t work as well, as the toggle is greyed out. So I still have multiple times a day the situation where the time displayed is completely off (can be minutes or hours…) and I there is no way to get it refreshed, other than waiting and waiting. For the watch to restart running it can take minutes but also hours. When I switch to a native watchface (which does work) and then again, Facer remains stuck in some mode “calibrating movement” and this can also take minutes to hours to resolve.

Unfortunately, i still have the problem turning on “allow background activity” in wearable app for facer. Its grayed out and i can not switch it on almost for all apps. There’s just one app thati can turn background activity on for, that’s Outlook. By the way, im using galaxy watch 4 classic 46.

Samsung has corrected this problem with the latest update to the GW4 watches. My Classic and my 44mm “Active” both can run AOD with no issues now without any workarounds. You might want to check and see if you have an update waiting for your watch. The last update I’ve gotten on mine ends with FVD4. My Facer app is now version 6.0.4 so you might as well update that one also if it isn’t current already.

1 Like