[KNOWN ISSUE] Sporadic Facer freeze on Samsung smartwatches (Tizen based only)

@Facer_Official
I’m using an original Galaxy Watch running Tizen 5.5.0.1 and Facer companion app 5.1.35.4. The performance without AOD turned on is better, but still won’t run 24 hours without becoming very sluggish. I can get about 14-16 hours of “stable” use before I HAVE to switch back to a Samsung watch face to clear the issue. It’s better, but still not quite right!

On the other hand, my Gear S3 with Tizen 4.0.0.7 still works 100%.

Once we confirm the “fix” we pushed works well, we’ll deploy it on all other Facer-made faces, yes! :slight_smile:
One thing to note though - this fix is mostly a workaround for a significant bug in the Tizen firmware. Samsung has a firmware fix on the way but the timeline for it is unclear, which is why we’re deploying a workaround on our side. In other words, all should be fixed by Samsung soon!

3 Likes

@mrantisocialguy thanks for the info! We do expect the AOD disabled mode to still be sluggish. The fix we released is for now focused on AOD enabled. We’re trying to fix the AOD disabled scenario asap as well, and working with Samsung on it. Hoping to have some good news very soon on that front.

As mentioned in another thread, the “fixes” we’re releasing are mostly a workaround to avoid a significant bug in the current Tizen firmwares. Samsung is working on an actual firmware fix, but the rollout date for it is a bit unclear at this time, which is why we’re deploying these workarounds.

6 Likes

Great work and updates here for us all Facer_Official…keep up the good work thanks, I absolutely love this Community :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply and clarification on what is being done.

1 Like

After a few days on 5.1.35.4 on my galaxy watch using AOD mode, it is much more stable. Still a bit slow, but much better. Makes me realize that I have to pay much more attention to AOD mode in my face designs… Also, no more super zooms to the top left lately. Thanks for prodding samsung along to fix their bug & keeping us in the loop.

3 Likes

Hi all - For those of you seeing the ‘zoom’ issue in version 5.1.35.4, this is fixed in the new 5.1.36.6 build released this week. Let us know if there are any other issues you’re seeing popping up.

4 Likes

Thanks for the work put into this bug and for keeping us informed @Facer_Official :slight_smile:

Any progress for when running with AOD mode disabled?
I prefer a blank face watch when not actively using my watch and it should improve battery life (when all is working well).

Running Companion App ver.5.1.36 on my Galaxy Watch, I am still getting slow down after using a Facer face for more than say 12h with AOD mode disabled.
I am now trying with AOD mode enabled. Will see how that goes in terms of slow down and battery life.

I just hope Samsung gets this fixed before abandoning Tizen for good in favour of WearOS… Please keep the pressure on them.

Temp solution? I’m not certain that resetting my watch itself cured anything, but after doing that I am able to at least download (published) faces from the Facer app ON MY PHONE.

Same lag issue here. Makes the watch unusable. Galaxy watch active 2.

I noticed that watch app 5.1.37.3 was pushed out. @Facer_Official, are there any Samsung updates on here? Trying it out now…

I had the watch App updated, still running old software on my Watch though :grin:

The new watch update from Samsung seems to have fixed the problem for me on my watch 2 active!

Buenos dias! Facer_official

Con todo mi respeto, Quiero comentar la situacion, que tuve una semana atras, y en el dia de hoy.

Inconvenientes:

• Problemas con cambio de color del fondo de pantalla.
  • Desconectación de Bluetooth.
  • Recalentamiento del reloj.

Despues de cambiar tres o cuatro veces el color, se bloquea la pantalla estando la imagen del color que elegí. En ésta pantalla puedo seguir eligiendo los colores, pero no me los cambia . Y el sistema se queda bloqueado en ésta pantalla de colores. Desconectandose el Bluetooth, y teniendo un poco de recalentamiento del reloj.
Despues automaticamente aparece un mensaje… ( Locations is required for weather data " Settings"y " Dismiss"). No volviendo a la pantalla principal donde está el diseño principal con las informaciones de la hora y demás.
Yo prové, con la ayuda de los botones del reloj, y no pude salir del problema.
Despues prové, tocando la pantalla por dos segundos , para poder cambiar el diseño de caras utilizando la base que contiene el reloj Samsung.
Se cambió.
Pudiendo cambiar de cara, nuevamente , prové de volver al diseño de facer.io , tocando la pantalla por dos segundos.
Se cambió.
El sistema facer.io , sé reinició escribiendo los mensajes …( WELCOME TO FACER), ( OPTIMIZING WATCHFACE) y ( PLACING GEARS). despues de ésto , nuevamente el reloj trabaja correctamente, conectandose al Bluetooth automaticamente, y pudiendo utilizar la cara del diseño normalmente.

Cara y diseño

Esto me sucede cuando quiero cambiar el color de fondo de la cara del diseño METEOthree R2 con Facer.io . En la parte izquierda del diseño METEOthree R2 tiene tres botones ( cambiar idioma),(cambiar de color) y ( bloquear botones " color y idioma").
Ésto sucede, varias veces.

El reloj se ecuentra en modo:

• Economía de bateria: apagado
  • Modo avión: apagdo
  • Modo de bloqueo de agua: apagado
  • Modo no molestar: apagado
  • AOD: encendido
  • Brillo: 10
  • Modo de noche: encendido
  • wifi: apagado
  • Modo Teatro: apagado
  • GPS: apagado

Modelo del reloj:

• Reloj Samsung Gear Sport, modelo SM-R600

Version :

• Tizen 4.0.0.7 version R600XXU1DUD1

Cordialmente! Job Cardozo.

I am on the Samsung Gear SPORT,
MODEL: SM-R600
TIZEN VERSION: 4.0.0.7
LOCATION IS ON AND ALWAYS ON IS OFF

I was switching from one face to another from my ‘recents’ on my watch, the watch face loaded but when I triple tap to go back to the ‘recents’, the ‘current’ is still on the previous watch face, then I tried switching again to another watch face but the ‘current’ is still the same, but the watch face loads, it’s as if it’s frozen. I thought it was a glitch (that fixes by itself). Then I tried syncing another watch face from the app, but the ‘current’ was still stuck and the ‘recents’ didn’t change. So I reinstalled (from my watch) and then added back the watch faces, but after a day or so, when switching or adding a new one, it would still be stuck. This has been happening for over a week now. Any1 experiencing this too, and is it the same thing this topic is about?

@Facer_Official I have gone back to using a facer watch face for about two weeks now, starting after the last watch software update. So far it is working much better. There is still a lag at times, but nowhere near as bad as before and the watch has not been freezing, shutting down, or stopping during workout tracking. When I’ve noticed the lag becoming more significant, a reboot of the watch has helped. I do not have my watch set to always on. Obviously it would be ideal if there is no lag at all but I thought it might be helpful to know there has been an improvement.

1 Like

Is there any further update on this issue? I still cannot use Facer on my Galaxy Watch.

I just received the galaxy watch 4, I have noticed that when I put the Facer spheres when turning my wrist for a second, the screen appears in DIM mode and then the normal one, that did not happen to me before, I had Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS, it happens to you too to you?

1 Like

Not on my Galaxy 46" no, which is still running on older software

1 Like

We talk about this at the last october, and no solution… sad…