[KNOWN ISSUE] Step counter issues on Pixel Watch, Galaxy Watch 4, and Galaxy Watch 5

Thanks for syncing my watchfaces! It’s probably time to contact Facer Support and get your name on the list of people with this issue. I think its fixed for Samsung watches and maybe even Pixel but I keep hearing about Fossil and TicWatch owners still having problems. You can contact @Facer_Official at: https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

Still having problems for me. Made sure Pixel watch and app was updated, restarted watch, made sure all permissions were allowed. But steps still seem to be totally random. Will either work for a bit and stop, or be stuck at 0.

3 Likes

I found this thread because I just bought my Pixel Watch + downloaded Facer a few days ago and noticed that my Facer watch face wasn’t counting my steps. As I suspected, this seems to be a problem with WearOS. I’ve trie the restart trick numerous times and that has only resulted in A: my steps being reset to 0 or B: my steps being counted for a few minutes before being stuck for the rest of the day.

I’m not sure if Facer will be able to fix this issue with Google, but it will be a shame if they aren’t able to because I got my favorite watch face from Facer and not being able to get an accurate step count is bothering me more than it probably should.

3 Likes

Thanks, - not fixed for Pixel. I’ll try the link you mention. Meanwhile, I’ll just look for your faces that don’t include step count - convenient as that is, it’s not much good if it doesn’t work, so super frustrating. CLEARLY NOT YOUR FAULT - yours are some of the coolest faces I’ve found among the thousands out there.

2 Likes

No, it’s not corrected yet for the Pixel Watch. It is not just steps. Calories burned and distance are also wrong. Even the moon phases on the faces that show this are wacky. For example, the moon (here in southwest Florida) is waxing gibbous, but my Facer face shows waxing crescent. I am holding on to high hopes for the promised Pixel Watch update for March. I am curious about this, however. Does ANYONE with a Wear OS 3 watch (Samsung Galaxy 4 or 5, Fossil - anything else that’s supposed to use Facer faces) have a face that reports stats, weather, etc. correctly? I placed a similar question on a comment regarding Fossil Gen 6, but that was an older thread. I’ve heard rumors that the Samsung Galaxy watches work now.

1 Like

Maybe worth asking on the Facebook page. There is more actual and new users.
I live with my old watch on Tizen for 6 years meanwhile and actually glad I did not switch to that silly new “combined” OS (even though sorry to read people complaining about trouble finding apps or faces on there, data not consistent etc.). It seems still not so great even after a year and half.

2 Likes

revmarcia558

Everything works on Samsung watch4 and watch5. Weather, steps, heartrate…

That’s good to know. At least one watch is fixed. Maybe Pixel Watch is next.

How do I find the permissions for Facer so I can make sure they’re all granted? It seems like I did that once, but it was a while ago.

Found them. Had to rebuild everything which was a real pain, but it’s done and the stats counters are still wrong. :frowning:

I wanted to help yesterday but had no idea how to do it on Pixel watch…

I’m sorry it didn’t solve the problem.

That’s ok, thank you. I’ve at least managed to isolate the issue to between Pixel Watch and Facer. I’ve chatted with Google pixel watch support too to no avail.

There were many things we had to wait for to be fixed for Watch 4/5. It took about a year to solve all problems… I guess it will be fixed also for Pixel watch.
I know how frustrating it can be.

Well that’s encouraging in a goofy way. I suppose it will get fixed eventually.The reason I had to rebuild the entire watch was that Google support suggested a factory reset. That was an interesting learning experience and lots of work, but didn’t fix the problem. Thanks for responding.

My theory is that Google knows what the problem is, but they are slow walking the fix in hopes that you will just subscribe to Fitbit. It doesn’t affect any other watches other than the Pixel which has built in Fitbit support. Which I believe is the root source of all the issues.

1 Like

As I replied in email - yes, right. Google is certainly slow walking the fix. However, I am a Fitbit Premium subscriber. It’s annoying. Right now I’m wearing one of yours that’s pretty and doesn’t show wrong stats. Thanks.

1 Like

Same here but it doesn’t work even after restarting my Pixel watch

Waiting on Pixel Watch April update. It has not yet arrived, but, based prior experience, should shows up within a week or so. I’ll be happily shocked if it fixes this problem.

UPDATE: Just bought a new Pixel Watch and am seeing the steps issue on one of my watch faces. Interestingly enough, the face I created with the custom complications works just fine. The static steps counter does not.

Yes indeed - you’ve found the mystery that has driven us all nuts since last November.