Learning sequence

#DWE# counts in Milliseconds. As does #Dsm# but that is synced to the Real time clock not Wake. There is #DNOW# as well but it is a 13 digit number set Jan 1st 1970, best left for Later. As I said make tests with these numbers in Text Boxes. See how they Run.

1 Like

I will repair the wheel and do some testing later.

1 Like

Now you have some Components to Play with you can Really get Going . Enjoy . :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Russel

In made a DWE-layer so I can check the timer in milliseconds.
Can i move DWE backwards and forward, like itā€™s possible with timemachine?
To check a sequence going back and forward in time, while DWE is showing.

Bye Nico

1 Like

I see where you are going my friend . The answer is No . The time machine will only change the timers by 1 second minimum .

So you could always work to the nearest second. Between 3.6 and 4 most would not see the Difference.

Yeah I know, itā€™s too fast for the human eye to notice. Quess itā€™s just my neurotic and wondering character :man_shrugging:

Now I wanna ask. My race-sequence takes 3.6 seconds and 24 frames.
Thatā€™s 6-7 frames per second.
I see really nice animations here. What framerate do they use?
Suppose the max of 25/second. Do they use the same technique, like glueing gifs together, of 1 second each?
Because it looks so smooth.
Now I promise, this is my last question for this topic!

1 Like

Hey listen. No problems. I will answer your questions when I can. 12fps is a good minimum. The Sequence does a littl morphing between Frames. Try stitching some gifs end to end. But you must use #DWE# you will see if you use #Dsm# they get out of sync. Most do not go as far as you have already.

I understand everything except this one. (Maybe language-wise).
what do you mean end to end?
can you rephrase?

1 Like

Yeah, think you are right. 2 months ago, I could hardly install a new face from facer haha

1 Like

Yeah. Sorry. I just meant one after the other. Give it a test. You have done very well . To be honest I think many give it a go and give up.

There was no intention but to learn about sequence/ GIF.
But Iā€™m happy with the result, so I will use it for a face. I have some ideas.
Moving clouds.
The pole in the BG picture asks to be broken when the car races by.
Enthousiastic waving checkered-flag-man.
See were I go.

I loved your chasing seconds sequence and used the concept in this batman watch.

2 Likes

Ha Ha. On the Shoulders of Giants we All Ride. That face was made to honor our Friend Gizmo411 @icrltd4 who had to take a break from the Community but is Back now Gladly . You will see from his work that he has been using that for a while I put that in a little Toug in Cheek. The point being most who appear here are happy to share what they have learnt. Nice work.

I see, well it was you watchface i had inspected to find out out you pulled the effect. Just had a look at gizmo411 profile and theres plenty of great designs with moving sequences! Loads to learn but glad this community is here to share! Thanks again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the praise :grin:
Hereā€™s my Signature Seconds in action -

And hereā€™s another way of doing animations, this one is like a mini movie with R2D2 and C3P0 travelling back to Tatooine (change to Dim and then back again to see the whole sequence) -

1 Like

Fantastic! Iā€™ve updated the credit note on the watchface! Thank you both (@icrltd4 @russellcresser).

1 Like

Super great the things you guys can make. Respect :+1:

Sorry to interrupt to go back to my silly car-race-sequence.
The highspeed passing car must break the sign at around DWE+3s.
I think I only have the last frame of the falling sign GIF.
Is there a way to fix that?

Bye Nico

1 Like

OK . Well done preparing the Sign . So this is Difficult to explain but easy to understand . There are two sequence Runs . one is Loop and one is not loop . So the not loop runs once only . In your case the sign fell down the instant the sequence started . So what we have to do is loop the sign falling down and catch it at the right moment . See I have made it 1 second for ease of example . So it cycles twice before we need to see it . Then of course after a second we have to get rid of it , or it is just going up and down constantly . So you will see the code below has an extra conditional which gets rid of it . Look after this formula it is the basis of plenty of tricks . So you need to prepare another Background image or insert the for the fallen sign at #DWE#>=3
I hardly expect you to understand all of this straight away . Get back and I can clear up what is vague .

BTW I did not come up with the answer myself instantly it took me a bit of working out . Please understand I am not trying to say you make me sweat . Just it is not that easy for all of us .

BTW BTW. There is absolutly nothing silly about what you are doing. Look at some of the other stuff published. You are on a Learning Cycle and what you have prepared so far is Perfect. You are trying to tell quite a complex story in 3 seconds.

$#DWE#>=2&&#DWE#<=3?169:800$

Think Iā€™m following.
Falling sign-GIF in a loop.
Even though it doesnā€™t need to start when the face wakes, it starts anyway.
Putting 2 conditionals to make it popup (say at 2sec) and go off screen (say at 3sec).
Kind of finding a good duration of the loop.
And I have to insert another image.
Question: Canā€™t I just insert an static image of the fallen sign that covers the looping GIF at 3sec?

What I donā€™t understand.
Why doest Facer Creator has no option to just start a GIF at a specific (ex. DWE+2sec) moment in time?
Instead of having to loop it all the time and work towards a moment it needs to show.
Probabely therā€™s a good reason, but for me, with my non-coding-mind, iā€™ts strange.

I will try what you say when Iā€™m off.

Bye
Nico

1 Like

I tried the code $#DWE#>=2&&#DWE#<=3?169:800$
Itā€™s the same result I had.
Right away from standing sign to sign on the ground, but no sense of motion
(the frames in between are not shown)

Maybe I donā€™t understand your part

1 Like