Learning sequence

You are getting a good understanding. Facer only gives basic Facilitys to make Faces. There are a lot of short falls in the Sequence Layers. Facer are in no rush to change that stuff for us.

All the stuff you have Identified ate correct.

Perhaps you are not seeing the sign fall down because you are not LOOP ing the Gif.

I will look at lunch yime I am supposed to be working.

Yes an image of the fallen sign over the Looping gif is a good Idea. However if you ever got missalignment you would have a witness . If you dont not need it get rid of it.

I think the complete run ok now.
Though the falling sign is jerky.
But I will try shortening the loop to 0.5sec and adapt the codes for showing/ not showing.

1 Like

I am so very pleased . You have learned well . You have a good understanding of what goes on . Now My Friend how about a Kid on a Bicycle going the other way :rofl: :joy:

Iā€™m gonna do that specially for you, as gratitude for your help :grinning:
(when I can find the time for it ;-))

Now Iā€™m thinking of filling the lower part up with some gauges like from a car.
Would it be possible to make a gauge showing the speed of the car, in sync with the animation:
pull up, increasing speed, top speed, baangg, no speed, sudden drop to 0 km/h
Just an idea :innocent:

1 Like

something like this (a bit modern probabely but why not)
and as I see a service inspection dial, that could turn red after the crash :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeah my friend. There is no stopping you. I would seriously concider making a Gif for that . To do what is required with maths might be a bit much. If you prepared a dial and a seperate hand i could see if I could help. But later. After all it is just numbers.
You will see if you get into EZGif that they let you keep the last frame as the end image. But then we would want a flashing light. I showed you that before.

yes I noticed. I suppose to use the end image as the first image of the next GIF?
(and glue it, which is no option here with the 25f max.)

Yes, the blinking service/warning light would be possible for me now!

Iā€™m trying to make an eight-shape with the checkered flag but as a result my brain is going in 8 directions too. :woozy_face: Difficult.
Iā€™m just a beginner is drawing(programs) too. By now Iā€™ve learned that this is the most time-consuming part of the process.
So it will be for the weekend haha

Iā€™ll come back when I have something for you to work with :+1:

1 Like

Here is something very basic for you to look at . There are many more elegant Ways to do this . I have to go to bed .

If you want the Resources I will have to spend some time fitting them on here .

2 Likes

Wauw! I will have a good look at it when Iā€™m off!

1 Like

So now on the SPEEDO TEST you will see two hands . One is the most complicated way of moving them and the other is the most simple . You should be able to modify the simple one to suit but you might need help with the Other one .

I understand when I see it

But I have no clue how you come up with that.
You put it in a math-formula with twoo unknow variables?
(I have to dig deep, some 32y ago)
Or itā€™s trial and error + a lot of experience?

Second hand method: Taiwanees, Mongolian, mixed with some, say Ukrainian

Lamp Glow: nice (Chinese)
Is there any way of explaining that or mission impossible? (last I suppose)

Now I will try to transfer it into my face.

1 Like

Yeah. Good to see something in a Spread Sheet . You will see from the Test I have left some methods of simulating stuff . I can explain most of it but Later I am afraid. The one that accelerates is pretty Forigne to me. When I remember exactly how it works I will let you know. Use the sizes simple stuff for now.

1 Like

Explain the Glowing Lamp .
It is a lot trial and error but when I find something that works nicely I store it somewhere .

(50+((sin(rad((#DWFSS#)*180)))*50))

Is just a nice little fader for opacity or what ever . this one is set to run 0 to 100 .
the first 50 is the middle of the range .

(sin(rad((#DWFSS#)*180))

Gives +1 to -1 . 180 being the speed. 240 is half a second 60 is one 30 is half.

The rest of the conditional you understand.
There are no variables in the strictest sence but the timer is not a constant so it must be a variablin this case. #DWFHSS# is the smooth second hand rotation 0 to 360 but works well with sin, cos, rad and pi etc. You remember all that from Class.

Truth is I am just too tired to explain it . Please play away till you see what is going on .

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m starting to do too.

I can imagine that.

Thatā€™s why I asked at the beginning of my journey: Is their kind of knowledge base, besides the Helpdocs.? There is a lot of info, in tutorials, topics, but itā€™s scattered all around.
Same questions are being asked over and over again.
I do know by now itā€™s good to build a knowledge base of your own.

Do you happen to have a summarizing document with formulas and where they can be used for, and are willing to share?
(probabely Itā€™s an idea for a topic)
Just wondering, because I feel annoyed bothering people all the time.

I will (itā€™s just my nature to want to understand the world :thinking:)

1 Like

Sadly I think the Book / Manual would be too big. Topics on here have a Tendency to get Hijacked and go Off Topic. :rofl: So when you search the Community sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between a Good and Bad answer. So all you can do is test. Generally the Formulas that are short are the best.
I have made some Templates for things like Tourbillon. So whe I want to do one of those I start with that. Often I decide half way through so that does not work. So they are called TEMP. I also have loads of TEST Faces with very simple examples of Formulas on. These hav mostly been made to help hereā€¦ So I can search my 900 Faces and only show the TEST s etc.
I have a long hard day today so that is me till later :::)))

NB Genraly the core of a formula is composed to geve a 0 to 1 or - 1 to +1. The number before that are often the start position and the numbers after usualy the length or angle of the movement.
Try taking some apart till you get the 0 to 1.
When I am testing I often put formulas in the Second Hand rotation. So see what it does. Some times it gets a bit confusing between position and angle.
When you start to remember some stuff it gets a bit easier.
If you stop Enjoying it. Do something Else.

Yeah, do that :rofl:

I find ā€˜onlyā€™ 139 watches, but maybe you have another profile where they stored.

1 Like

Ha Ha. I have some Apple watches as well. But I meant in my Works Folder with Drafts and Publushed. I tried really hard to have a small mumber of faces so People could look through them easily . But it does by nature Grow. I have stoppex Deleting them now so there sre not missing examples in the Vommunity. I have tried to put them back but after s while you can not edit a message in a Topic. Oh well :::)))

1 Like

Not finished (colouring, dig. time, tire coming off must be tweakedā€¦)
But so far so good :+1:

1 Like

Hi Russel

I added a layer ā€œsmoke fading inā€.
I start it at DWE+4sec.
I would like to fade it in from 0 - 100 % opacity over say 3 sec.
I would then like to start an 0% opacity layer to black like at DWE+5sec to run simultaneously.

Iā€™m thinking about making 10 layers with increments of opacity.
But how can I fix it with a fading in formula to make it easier?

I found this treat but way to Chinese for my mayonaise-brain.

1 Like