Multiple VAR Toggle instructions in one line

Hi everyone. Long time listener, first time caller.

Some coding help/advise would be much appreciated.
I’m working with 4 to 5 VAR toggles (have to be toggles, not increments) but each VAR toggle has to zero the others.
So…
$#VAR_1#==1?130:-999$ would activate $#VAR_2#==0?130:-999$ and $#VAR_3#==0?130:-999$ and so on, in one line of code. Of course I could be attacking this from the wrong angle.
Still trying to get the hang of this code.

3 Likes

I would need to understand what you are trying to achieve, otherwise difficult to come up with something.

Maybe an idea that could help:
If you want a VAR to be inactive on the screen at a certain value, just move it off the screen…

3 Likes

If your Var 1 2 3 etc are all in different positions on screen (which they probably are) try stacking VAR resets on top of your VAR.
So VAR1 toggle would have VAR2/3/4 reset under it. I dont know if that would work but worth a try on a test watch face. I have GW Ultra now so cannot test this.

3 Likes

The other area you could explore is the timestamp of each VAR
E.g.#VAR_1_T#
Each VAR timestamp will record when it was last activated so you could do comparisions on those maybe?

$#VAR_1_T#>#VAR_2_T#&&#VAR_1_T#>#VAR_3_T#&&#VAR_1_T#>#VAR_4_T#?100:0$

Maybe not…but someone else may have an idea

2 Likes

Hi Tom

I’m trying to achieve the same functionality as this face. A weather button, a steps button, a BPM button etc that all toggle between each other and the main time display without crossing over each other.

3 Likes

Hi Jason
I’ll give the VAR reset a go a little latter but in the back of my head I’m doubtfull it’ll work the way I intend. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Concept works in preview in browser. Needs testing on watch

1 Like

OK, got it.
What BA has done is move the “buttons” into position when one thing is active.

So when you press “Chrono”, say using #VAR_1#, then start/stop and reset buttons are in position.

So the Chrono buttons would have something like:
X-position:
$#VAR_1#“=1?120:-120$

3 Likes

I think you need alittle more than that Tom. If V1 V2 and v3 are all 1, then all 3 layers would be visible and it would not work. Need to use the V reset i think.

1 Like

I’ve tested on my watch & yes it works in concept. But very glitchy/hit & miss. Sometimes works other times doesn’t.
I’m intrigued by Toms solution think the answer could be a mix of both. Do you mind sharing the code you used.
Thanks - Nick

3 Likes

Don’t make you tap areas too small. I made mine ayt lest 32.

2 Likes

Inspection on.

1 Like

@Bruno we are all intrigued with your beautiful navigation system. If you’d be so kind to share how you achieved the manoeuvre it would be a masterclass for us all and you would be sharing some love with the community! Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Here a working example with a single button to switch between home, stopwatch, and weather. (inspection open). Buttons appear for stopwatch and weather and are only then active.

I admit that @Bruno 's watch face needs a bit more thought… using 3 buttons…

4 Likes

@jason.clarke.uk was right, it requires a RESET of the VARs

What I did not know, is that you can overlay VAR toggle and VAR reset.

Working example below:

5 Likes

Thanks Tom and Jason. Thats it, problem solved. Ill play with these later when i get home.
Thanks guys, your knowledge, interest, will & time to help out is very much appreciated :clap: :clap: :clap::tada:
Nick.

4 Likes

Master Class . Well done All concerned . Bookmarked . On other Platforms you can not Nest Interactives. We are very Lucky . One Touch Voodoo .

3 Likes

Just to note.

Some of you may know that using the stroke and glow options is buggy.

Well in the face below, I used 3 glow elements for the date behind the main date. I got the effect I wanted and the face seems to work.

I then went about creating a premium version with a stopwatch and others VAR toggles and increments. The stopwatch composed of 6 digits each with 3 glowing digits.

The result was that any tapping on the watch face took at least 2 seconds to react! Horrific!

=> DO NOT USE GLOW!

2 Likes

Duly noted.

2 Likes

So . Does it work Better without Stroke / Glow ? Perhaps we should start a Don’t Do Wiki . The equivalent of our Appendix . It is there but we don’t use it .

1 Like