New challenge: stress count (progress)

Friends, I got a call to create a stress count in the style of a Samsung watch. I believe that together we will face this challenge :slight_smile:
Stress seems to come from the heart rate. Low heart rate (green) high heart rate (red)

1 Like

That request is from me again, lol.

There are some faces here that seem to calculate, or display from SHealth, the stress levels, (though they might just be making it up, lol).

@marco69h it’s a bit more complicated than that, and may not be able to be done properly.

See this article, it’s about heart rate variability, not low/high.

https://wearableguides.com/how-does-samsung-health-measure-stress/#:~:text=The%20Samsung%20Health%20App%20quantifies,every%20time%20a%20person%20exhales.

1 Like

It would be great to crack this . I feel that you would need to get a Pro on board as It looks to me like the calculation will need Variables . It seems like Stress is tested over a period where the Variation of the Heart Rate is Low . It needs a bit of study . Just reading a low Heart Rate will not be Good enough . If I was Meditating my Heart Rate would drop and in that case show I was stressed when I would not be . Having said that I am often surprised when my watch says I am stressed and I am obviously not.

If you want a Low Green , High Red Progress or Number that is achievable without variables. Let me know.

Actually, as far as UI is concerned, I’m just looking for something like Samsung’s colored, circular progress indicator, with a white dot denoting current stress level, (see pic).

1 Like

I will make a test for you but it will only indicate Heart Rate at that moment.

1 Like

Crikey, you’ll be asking for all sorts soon :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Consider my way of challenging you.

I’d put an lol in there, but some around here seem to take offense to the use of that acronym.

1 Like

Here’s your lol -
No Way Gif 01

2 Likes

I don’t think this is possible, because Samsung monitors and compares changes in HVR. We can’t do that in Facer. You can’t store heart rates to compare them

3 Likes

@ThaMattie . If one was a Pro would it be possible ? It would mean making periodic tests of the HR and setting a flag if they are similar . I know I could do that on an Arduino but I don’t know what data the Facer Variables hold . Are they just flags? We must be able to send numbers to an Array otherwise we could not offer Biorhythm Charts.

1 Like

Thank you @ThaMattie.

Bummer, but that seems to be the case.

I asked @marco69h because I don’t know what can and can’t be done, and he does, or knows how to figure it out.

Apparently the Facer watch on this site isn’t overly accurate, (though I’m not sure how accurate SHealth’s method is either).

Ah well, ya win some, ya lose some.

Thank you all for chiming in to help.

2 Likes

Aaaaaannnnddd @russellcresser jumps in with a ray of hope, lol.

2 Likes

@louandmaura . Sorry I am not a Pro or Premium Designer. If you look at the work the Pro Designers do their Fine Point is Beautiful Rendering . There are some like myself who like to squeeze what Facer has to offer for Free . There is In between where for a Subscription you can use those Premium Features as you know with no come back .
I think you may have to fall back to your Onboard Stress Sensor . But as you say there is hope . I hope that some one Like a Partner Chips in to show us how it is done . :full_moon_with_face: :+1:

2 Likes

yes what @ThaMattie says is right , in my short free trial pro experience didn’t find nothing to store data, i spanked my nuts to have a graphic show of weekly steps but no way to store anithing

3 Likes

All the vars start at 0, the only way to change a var is by user interaction, you can toggle (0/1) or increase/decrease, but with taps only… You can also read out the time a tap was done, but that’s it.

2 Likes

I have a Face Designed by Dario Marnoni which is a Biorhythm Graph . You have to put your Date of Birth in for that to work . A few Numbers There. What would be really nice is one of the Partners Joining in on this . Making a Commitment to the Community is party of their Contract . Just saying : )

1 Like

Biorytm is generated from a static formula ,the pro feature is used to add a different date birthday, if you make for just one bdate you can di it in free ,obviously need a bit of math expertise things that i dont have :grin:
About partners is better i dont say what i think especially the dude you mention above

1 Like

I might just have to look at Premium to see how it works . I am worried that I might resent leaving after a month or whatever. I really can not afford the subscription at the moment small as it is. I like Dario’s work as he is into motion Detection. : )

1 Like

Isn’t free three day trial available again? I grant is enough to see what you can do

1 Like

Excuse the expression .But that would be a bit of a Prick Tease . But Hey who never had that before ; )

1 Like