New Galaxy Watch 6 Connection

That says it all… facer is not ready at the moment for the new watch.

2 Likes

OK, I thought it was that, we have to wait, it’s normal… :blush:
Thanks for all yours answer. Bye

2 Likes

schoppner.seb The newest update just rolled out with the support for watch6.

Don’t forget to update Facer app on the watch as well!

2 Likes

Hello all, updates done on both devices. Same issue. I thinks that maybe dials must ne updated too. Watch6 is now available and I selected it on the choice menu. Thx

1 Like

You did remember to select watch 6 in facer app on the phone? Didn’t leave it to watch 5?

1 Like

Yes, Watch6 is selected. :blush:

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone else has watch6, it would be helpful to hear if only you have a problem.

Guys, if anyone has watch 6 please join the discusion.

1 Like

Take a look at the bottom of:

Looks like it’s only you that have a problem, unfortunately.

1 Like

OK, no problem :blush: I’m going to search for another app if my watch doesn’t work with Facer.
I have the last app on phone, with watch6 selected, I downloaded the app to the watch twice, and autorisations are ok. I don’t what to do more. I will performed tests layer, for the moment, it will stay like that. Thanks for all your help, Best regards, Seb

2 Likes

I’ve bought a new Watch 6 Classic, just added weather icons/text to test, and it’s working fine for me.

2 Likes

Astradyne thank you for joining the topic.

I guess there will be a lot of question about watch6.

Watchface on the pic you posted: is it Facer watchface or a watchface from Google store?

1 Like

Watchface on the pic you posted: is it Facer watchface or a watchface from Google store?

100% Facer Creator, I’ve made about 20 thus far (none published yet) as I’ve only been using Facer for a couple weeks so still learning.
Will publish minus the logo at some point. One feature I really think is missing is an import/export for those wanting to share.

1 Like

WOW!

Nice watchface.

Why don’t you publish it so more people can enjoy it?

1 Like

Just in case you don’t know how to publish it.

1 Like

WOW!
Nice watchface.
Why don’t you publish it so more people can enjoy it?

Thank you, I will soon, still new to this and there’s a few bugs and extras I want to add. Once I’m happy I’ll have to remove that branded logo, make a new one and then publish.
To be fair, my faces are designed to match the strap - I own two Gear 3 Frontiers too which have done well since 2016.

3 Likes

And to add to that, if you are not sure about the copyright, then save a copy before you publish.

Also there is a list of names/text you should not use, otherwise Creator might delete you watch face.

Check here

3 Likes

Yes, that’s a gray area, Mickey Mouse is allowed and Garfield is not.

Nike is allowed and Barbie pink color is not.

1 Like

I just bought a new Galaxy Watch 6 since there was such a really good deal on last week, 30% off and a few $50 stackable coupon codes, ended up getting a bit more than 55% off total regular price. At first I was quite pleased. But wow, what a mess & I have a bit of buyers remorse. My old original Tizen Galaxy Watch runs Facer 10x better than this. I was expecting something that is about 6 generations newer to have smoother animations - nope. 6 reinstalls of Facer, and watch resets, and reinstalls on the phone & phone resets and I thought maybe I had weather finally working. Nope. Weather forecast are all messed up.

#WFAH# to #WFEH#, #WFAL# to #WFEL#, as well as #WFACI# to #WFECI# all report the same values, and no, this is not a coincidence in the forecast.

I have a bug report @Facer_Official I’d like to make.

Edit:
Wouldn’t you know it 15 minutes after I posted the above, sycing somehow got fixed and it actually updated correctly. All values reporting fine. Hopefully it will stay this way. Honestly, it was about 18 hours like I posted above. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit #2:
Dang, I changed watch faces and it’s doing it again. Sigh… Been 1/2 hour and not updating.

Edit #3: I’m finding about a 45 min wait before the weather gets updated. Used to be about 30 seconds or less on Tizen.

Edit #4: watch needs a full reboot every time I change faces, or else weather doesn’t get updated. Frustrating.

1 Like

Ha Ha Ha . Marvin Does Voodoo . You Do Voodoo Too . I am so glad your watch now works . Sometimes it takes a bit to get all the correct Software on there . Some have said Day Three is the turning point . That work of yours looks Fabulous on that Watch BradC right to the Bezel . Nice Work . Enjoy . Thanks for sharing the Good News.

1 Like

It’s a big difference if you are comparing it to Tizen OS.

After you get used to it you’ll see that new watch is better (in general) but we all miss the speed and some other features from Tizen.

Don’t rush yourself, I needed a month or two to make myself familiar with the new OS.

And watch 6 is new, it will take some time for all apps to catch up with updates.

Don’t forget: you have to give Permissions to all apps on the watch (location, sensors…)! Otherwise they will not work properly.

Settings - Apps - App list - App you want - permissions - allow all
You have to do it for all apps. Kind of stupid and complicated.

3 Likes