Orakix Design Challenge_03

Out of curiosity, what CAD software do you use?
A friend of mine, working in F1, uses CATIA from Dasault Systems, but that seems a bit too complex for me to start with 3D construction…

1 Like

I use blender. It also has a steep learning curve but besides marrying my wife and having my child I think learning blender is the best thing i have ever done. Haha. I really want to do tutorials for facer and blender but life has been getting in the way a lot. Once my wife is done with school i will have more time to focus on making it happen.

2 Likes

Created for Halloween then quicky realized I had a “face in a face” !

4 Likes

Can we please extend the deadline on this one. I rarely make anything nice in two weeks. I have been called to my Old Bussiness for a few weeks and the Priority there is definatly feeding the Machine.
What I am working on is fully rendered so you know how long that takes and if you are using Rhino4 you can Imagine . The Render Farm is a Back Yard Job. Having said that I am happy with what I achive sitting in there with the Chickens.
Obviously I will not stop the work if I miss the Deadlins. But I decided to get a face in there as I do not want anyone to take it too seriously as it is a Toung in Cheek Rip Off.

There really isn’t a deadline honestly. These are just for fun and no pressure. You can submit yours whenever, no worries.

1 Like

Yeah. There is no deadline to being creative.

1 Like

You can have all the time you need, but we need it done by Thursday. Said every boss ever! :laughing::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Haha well good thing I’m just your friend not your boss.

3 Likes

@russellcresser
The suspense is killing me!

1 Like

I could show you a sneak preview but I have so much work to do it is Embarrassing at the moment . I have one of the elements I am very happy with . May be I will show you a corner .

@russellcresser
Save it so we get the full effect.

2 Likes

1 Like

Not mine but good Fun.

2 Likes

Actually, I had planned something with many moving parts.
But …
While drawing, I found the robot’s face so cute that I’ll leave it at this minimalistic look.

Created with Corel Draw

7 Likes

Very nice… ehm grumpy, look. Maybe if the subdials could be little bigger to better read on the watch, but that may throw it out of the good balance between bold and simple clean".

2 Likes

I have been thinking about how to genuinely incorporate a face into a watch face design to no avail. You have certainly managed to do that! Nice one!

2 Likes

yes, i tried for a long time to find the balance.
I would have liked to have made the lines thicker, but that didn’t look good anymore and was distracting.

2 Likes

I would also like to write a compliment here.

My favorite is @russellcresser 's bot.
The idea and the implementation is just cool.
The retro theme is perfect and the face is really cute.

2 Likes

Yeah. Sadly not my Bot. That Face is by another Maker. I just liked it as an example. I see yours has shot into the Charts. This novelty stuff is quite popular . Some want to take thier Watches a little less seriously for a bit.

2 Likes

So here we are . I have to give up . Spent far to much Time on this . I need to get it out my head . I am quite pleased as the only thing I did not draw is the Font .
I will send it out in the morning see what happens .

8 Likes