Orakix Design Challenge_03

Thoes are great! That grumpy face works perfectly for me. Im glad you left it more minimal. Fluidick works great too! I love his bushy eyebrows lol. I wish i could have participated in this one but I’m really pushing to get my next face done in time for the halloween collection. Not sure I’m gonna make it.

1 Like

Maybe i’m trying to see a face in the clouds, but I think I see Gumby in there?!

2 Likes

I am thinking of making the Bellows/Brows whiter . I really have had enough of it I know for a Fact you know exactly what I am talking about . I got the Nut cracker Soldier out of it .

Oh so you mean this Gumby . Ha Ha Ha.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I don’t know if it can qualify to the challenge but I made this face in face watch a couple of days ago, had a lot of fun making it. Hope you like it.

5 Likes

@evolsets Sadly there are no prizes. I see the Face is a strong element in you collection. Well done. I am very excited to look and see how you animated your face.

Oh well . No Inspection never mind .

1 Like

@russellcresser Thanks, and don’t worry, I know it’s all fun and games. I didn’t leave the inspection mode on because I have been doing a lot of watch faces as fast as I can so honestly it’s really messy. But I will activate it at night when I arrive from work :slight_smile: But don’t expect anything fancy, everything was done through transparency layers and image sequences. The machin at the back is just 2 images in sequence, the face is 3 images in a sequence of 1,1,1,2,3,2,3,2… (or something like that) and the eyes are secondhands.

1 Like

Ha. When you are ready. There are no rules. I know what you mean about the mess. I sometimes find it amusing. Some makers leave little Jokes there for those who know what they are looking at . I am just being nosey really I just wondered if you were Zooming the Width and Height. I will say at the minimum drop a - in front of your eye formula and may be *2 it so it is not synced with your Second hand. But dont Mind Me. Jolly nice Work I Say.

1 Like

Hey @russellcresser sorry about the delay but I just updated the watchface so it now has the inspect mode on. That formula alteration sounds great. Unfortuately I know nothing of coding so I tried it and couldn’t seem to make it work. I’m sure it’s something very simple so I’ll just look more into it, maybe with a couple of tutorials I’ll get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Hey . Well done switching on Open Source . Much Respect . I would actually like to see your Idea of a mess because your Tidy is Very Tidy . Lots to learn from someone who takes that much trouble . Here is a Very Quick Test of what I was talking about . Have a Play .

This is a nice fading formula .

(80+(sin(rad((#DWFSS#)*60))*20))

80+ is your faded down number *60 is your speed so 240 is half second 30 is two . *20 is the fade up number which is added to your 80 . The Maths just makes -1 to +1 out of the timer . Just play and see .

3 Likes

Thanks!! :slight_smile:
And woow, that’s a fantastic example, I really think I’m starting to understand how this works. I’m gonna have a blast playing with your little formula, thank you very much for all your help!!

2 Likes