Positioning help

Hi, Been working on this face for a couple of days and have sync’d it to my watch (Ticwatch E3) and the time is not overlaid correctly on the background element but is displayed in the middle of the element. I’ve played around with it so that it works on my watch but would like others to try it and see what happens for them.

It did work in creator and I usually find that it is as WYSIWYG as much as it can get, but obviously not in this case.

2 Likes

Is this what it is supposed to look like . Check your Justifications .

2 Likes

That was the first thing I checked! all of them were set to middle setting on both the background and the overlay. When I sync’d it to my watch, the overlay was slightly to the left of the background which was in the correct place. I suspect that it will have something to do with the floor expression I’ve used but I don’t know how or why.

Yes, that is what it’s supposed to look like.

3 Likes

Your floor expression will not affect the position . I made that screen shot by moving every thing about the screen . I can not see how it is different on your Creator . I had noticed that font does not like being asked to be Too big . You might be on the limit of that font size . I will have another look . Try on of the other fonts out of interest.

2 Likes

interesting point, yes I will. thank you

3 Likes

You need to use #Dh# on that face not #Db# . #Db# shows the 12 / 24 hrs options . use the option tester at the bottom of the slider bars.
Sorry it was one of the other Facer LCD fonts that will not show in creator above 314 font size .

1 Like

I’m having the same issue lately. All good on Facer, but the time is displaced. I tried everything with aligning, even used the standard Facer template available. No clue where the problem lies. (I also have a ticwatch…) Next step I will re-install the app…

DIGI_ISSUE

3 Likes

Reinstalling did not help either…

2 Likes

@tom.vannes I seriously think it is that particular font . No others I have used show a Vertical Dotted line to denote the Justification . I think there is something wrong with that Font . I am assuming you used the one that lives with the FACER LCD Template and no where else . I will make a quick test to bang on my GW4 .

1 Like

Yes, that font is from the template.
But I also have a fixed width font which I tried, same story…

If you look closely at the picture, it seems the font is adjusted to the left and not to the the right. Very strange…

1 Like

@waynehardy66

1 Like

I emphasized text can not reproduce the error on my GW4 watch.

1 Like

OK. thanks. Looks like I have this issue with all digital faces. As soon as there is a “1” in the time it is offset.

2 Likes

@tom.vannes A lot of LCD type fonts have 1 in the right place . Or someone who is good with fonts can fix it for you .

1 Like

I created by own font with a fixed width. Even this one, no longer works.

You can see from the reversed numbers in the picture that it is truly a fixed width font:

I used on this watch face (which is broken on my watch now):

2 Likes

I wonder if it has something to do with left and right alignment - as I think I’ve seen a similar issue recently where what was in Creator was not what was on the watch (decided to use centre instead so it went away and I forgot about it). I’ve not re-checked though - I’ll experiment later on to see if I can replicate it.

2 Likes

I wondered that but could not replicate the error. I tried all 3. With that Font. I would happily try @tom.vannes font if he can share it. Have you guys got the latest updates. I am on 3481 I believe in the States they are on 3491.

1 Like

Had a play around with a few fonts and this one seems to work better but the 1 is still offset a little to where it should be.

Edit: Spoke too soon!!

1 Like

I dug out my old ticwatch, running the Facer App version 6.0.15 and installed a digital watch face with font background. It works fine!

I upgraded the Facer App to version 7.0.5 and now I am faced with the same issue!

So highly likely that the latest version has an issue with ticwatch.

3 Likes

That makes more sense than what I’ve been imagining.

@tom.vannes can you try to sync my face and see if it works on the older version of facer?

2 Likes