Question about Top100 Ranking

Sunday is always the day when the cards are mixed brand new. ImhO all chart counts seem to be resetted and it takes a day until rankings are established, sometimes two days. For me it‘s a good idea, otherwise there would be one watch face always on top for weeks. But have a look at the charts with the background of the informations i wrote in my last thread above and you can see a pattern. But this pattern has nothing to do with prefered users by facer itself.

2 Likes

And maybe some designers may be clever to publish their watch faces just short before the weekend reset - i don‘t know… i only know that facer is always a surprise. Sometimes i got great watch faces i published lost in deep positions and other ones suddenly stayed on rank 1 for weeks. It‘s maybe just a matter of taste and this taste changes continuously…

2 Likes

you keep saying that, but that doesn’t make it so. I don’t quite understand how the Sunday reset works but no they aren’t manipulating the charts.

and you keep saying it’s not, but that doesn’t make it so either. You just said you didn’t understand how it works for sure but it is what you believe to be true. Well, I have my observation too and i think it is not just by syncs. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Haha, yes Facer is a surprise, you got that right. I have seen your faces and some look fantastic and they have been lost towards the bottom of not so fantastic faces by others. It’s a taste that definitely changes. How that taste works by Facer? Only they know for sure.

It makes perfect sense actually.
It is not total syncs, it is syncs since Sunday reset
If you have a watchface on number one with 1000 syncs in the last 7 days, but only 20 syncs since the Sunday reset, a watch face with 100 syncs since the reset can become number 1…
The only “manipulation” is exposure, so yeah, followers, getting featured, publishing 5 faces at the same time at the right moment, etc can get the watch face in the top 100 easier.

1 Like

Actually it makes no sense. If you have a watch face you uploaded on a Thursday or Friday and started to get a lot of syncs then you will lose all those syncs and be moved down the list or removed completely on a Sunday reset. That does not seem right to me. Also, I noticed that the same “partners” get featured constantly while “free” users rarely get featured. Again, these are my observations for a few years since I have been on Facer.

I bet free and paid are pretty well balanced. On the women’s page, for example, I counted 66 free featured designs out of 125. Of the paid designs there some are Pro subscribers and some are Creator Partners.

@Iramos333, why is rank in the Top 100 important to you? Just have fun being creative and don’t worry about it. As you gain followers you will make friends and they will enjoy your designs.

2 Likes

The top 100 is not important to me, and followers are not important to me. I was simply responding to the original poster. I could care less, I design for people to enjoy them on their watch. I have been at #1 several times and have been featured as well. Do I think it’s balanced and fair? No, definitely not. I did notice that my responses have triggered “partners” on here not agreeing with my opinion on the top 100. Hey Linlay, I have lots of fun being creative as I have over 11K followers using the free creator and made lots of friends all over the world who send me pictures and love my designs. Maybe you shouldn’t worry so much about my opinion on the top 100 and continue with your nice flowery designs so you can gain friends and followers.

1 Like

I wasn’t saying it was “right” or “wrong”, I just meant that the behavior you see makes sense to how it is implemented.

1 Like

Opinions are great, but I when you use the word “facts” when taking about nepotism, favoritism, and manipulation I think some of us just wanted to step in to provide more accurate information for anyone who may be reading this thread.

Absolutely the Facer team is supportive of the designer partners within the app environment, as they should be! And I even agree with you that the features are partner heavy. It seemed unfair to me too actually when I was on the outside looking in.

But the bottom line is absolutely partners are not invited based on family/friends and top 100 charts are not being manipulated.

1 Like

When I used the word “facts” I was referring to the “fact” that was and is what I have seen from my experience with the top 100. So far the partners that have stepped in have given no “facts” or “accurate” information that what I say is not true just assumptions and “No, that can’t be” and “I highly doubt”. That’s what’s great about opinions, you have yours and I have mine and the freedom to speak up when something does not seem fair. Don’t get me wrong, I love using Facer but as far as the top 100 goes I just don’t believe it’s a fair system from my experience. Like I said, I was simply replying to the original poster of this thread to give them my experience with the top 100. This was not my post. And as far as being on the outside looking in, I don’t see it that way. I don’t feel like I need to be part of any group to be creative. Do I feel like I should be able to sell my faces? Hell yes. But if I don’t then so be it. It won’t affect me in any way. Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

Repent sinner. You must be imbued with their hard work, which you cannot see, but it is there. Admit that the top 100 is the fairest top 100 in the world and they will finally calm down and not accumulate here in explosive numbers. I even started to wonder :face_with_monocle: The topic seems to be over, but once again they start proving to you that everything is fair. You really need to admit it :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: How dare me! I should have known better than to give my opinion! :rofl:

Opinion? I thought it was fact?

1 Like

What is certain is that it has brought together many of the partners here. We just need to make a barbecue between all of us since we are all here.

2 Likes

The interesting thing about a fact is that it doesn’t change based on a person’s opinion, point fo view, mood, bias or anything else.

It’s like me saying it’s a fact that you seem to be very emotional about the top 100 even though you claim not to care about it. It’s not a fact, it’s an opinion.

You can’t have it both ways.

Best idea ever. We should do it on a Sunday night, when we conspire about who will be in the top 100 for the next week :rofl:

2 Likes

Just chiming in to say that I know Facer does not have the manpower to spend time manipulating the charts. That would be a massive waste of time and resources for them. But more importantly, allowing the algorithm to naturally bring the best faces (by virtue of the most syncs) to the top is actually in Facer’s best interest. Pushing faces up the chart that may or may not be successful is more risky than just letting the people’s syncs speak. Facer can (and does) give specific faces more visibility in other ways, such as featuring. This extra visibility can naturally effect the top 100 charts, but again there’s no reason for Facer to ‘rig’ the charts. That wouldn’t benefit them in any way, and would be a giant pain in the rear to manage.

Is the algorithm perfect? i highly doubt it, but for the reasons mentioned above, I believe there’s nothing nefarious about it. Sundays/Mondays are weird. I don’t think it completely resets and every face drops out. I think the count resets but there’s some reference back to last week’s average i think. Otherwise what would happen to the chart on sunday evening? It goes completely empty? Most recent shows up first? Alphabetical? None of those options really seem fair.

The one thing we do know is that there is a shelf life for faces in the top 100, which i believe is 30 days. Once you hit 30 days, that face can no longer be in the charts, no matter where it currently is. I’ve had faces go from number 1 to completely off the chart the next day.

1 Like

Actually you are the most emotional one of all your partner buddies. You obviously didn’t understand what I wrote. You are the same one who deleted your earlier comments and now you are back to chime in again because you got so triggered. Do I think the top 100 is rigged?, yes I do. You have given zero facts about anything in all your comments. All you said was “Based on what I see from my own stats”. That means nothing. Again, I’ll repeat, I did not originally post this. Trust me, so many users on Facer have told me the same thing I have mentioned thru out all of my posts on this topic.