Question about weather icons

I am curious about adding weather icons onto a watch face.
If I want to have the icons where it has both day and night icons
Would I be correct in assuming that I would add the weather icons element for day icons and then add the weather icons element and add the corresponding night time icons. And then make sure they are both set up in the exact same way? IE both at say 42 y axis and 57 x axis and both the same size?
Or would that just cause them to cancel each other out or something?

1 Like

You are correct, but you have to send them off screen when they are not being used. So for the night time ones to be showing the daytime ones need to be off screen where they cannot be seen. Or make the width of them zero when you don’t want to see it. You can see how I do it here on this watchface. MAG 2631

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback good sir.

1 Like

A quick follow up question.
I see in your example that you have the following formulas

Weather icons day
Width box
$(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)<(((#WSH#)*60)+#WSm#)&&(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)>(((#WRH#)*60)+#WRm#)?80:0$

Weather icons night
height box
$(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)<(((#WSH#)*60)+#WSm#)&&(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)>(((#WRH#)*60)+#WRm#)?0:80$

Am I correct in my assumption that the ?80:0$ and the ?0:80$ at the end of each one corresponds with the height and width of each one
For example if I wanted my day icons height to be 100 and my night icons width to be 100 I would then change ?80:0$ and ?0:80$ to ?100.0$ and ?0.100$?

4 Likes

Yes, the non zero value is the one you want when it has to show up.
Don’t forget the separator is : not .

2 Likes

Thank you for that. I had a feeling that way the case. But I wanted to be sure. And I understand about the : vs the . I wasn’t really paying attention to that when I typed it out.

2 Likes

Gladly, I had the feeling it was just mistyped, I just pointed it out, so there won’t be any copy paste error, we could have to search for later :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t used Weather Icons for ages, but here’s a Face from long ago that demonstrates how to use different ones for Day or Night -

2 Likes

Yes you are correct, when used in the height or width box the number would be the size you want it to be when showing and the zero hides the image. But, like @petruuccios said you have to use the : as the divider for it to function.

1 Like

here is a simple tutorial