Request: Radar Second Hand

Hi guys.

Im trying to figure out gow to get the second hand to look like a radar.
I have seen a bunch of faces with it (just searching radar) but I cant seem to reproduce it, or find any information online on how to create this effect.

Can anyone please help me out :slight_smile:

I think the way most people would apreoach this is to just draw a second hand with a shaded trail like this

and then just use it as the second hand

Oh dear, i need to dig up my old photoshop from somewhere

Hello,
what you need to do is create a png image of the radar you want and set it as a custom hand, in the editor when you insert the second hand widget, you can also select a custom style by clicking on the + and choosing the png file you created.
I add an example of image and draft that you can inspect.
Greetings orz0

Tks so much again orz0

I will try and create it in a few days, haven´t got my hard drive with my photoshop editor, and i need it in red.
Thank you so much again

@joedoughty Something like this?
Edit: Ok, so I tried to attach a PNG with transparency, but it attached as JPG. Just contact me and I can send over my original.
I don’t know if I got the color right, but I could refine it later if I have time. I wish I had more time to help, it sounds like a cool project. I’m “planning” to do a mockup radar screen with 3 layers and rotation (for you), but I don’t know when I could get to it. If you PM me I can share any working files and notes that I have so far.
Hope your project goes well! It sounds like it’s going to be cool! What was your inspiration or prompt to start this, if I might ask?

Hello michael

Actually the inspiration is a watchface i had on another app.

I really liked this watchface and i would like to try to recreat it here (and learn in the progress)

The color im using is red #ff0000

My email is joedoughty …at… hotmail …com

The idea is to generate a circle with the same color or pattern as the background and then you can make the radar only show on the border, a really cool effect.
But for sure qw can use it for so many more items
Thank you so much for your help.

This what you need? The red will be the red you want when you put it over black. Lemme know how it looks.

Ok, cool, I think I misunderstood what you needed. Yeah that looks cool. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Would this maybe help?

It’s going to show you how to make a seconds indicator that fills in spaces around the circle one by one.

Hi guys

Thabks for your incredible support.

@Rator that will exactly be the end result im looking for.
Do you have the same image with the full radar also?
(In future i would love to try and work with transparencies)

@michael.cox350 that tutorial is amazing.
And huge thanks for everything you sent me yesterday.
I got all I needed.
Your awesome dude

Cool, here are 2 that line up for ya.

Thank you so much @Rator

/Sarcasm mode on
Luckily for me, i smashed my foot yesterday, so got 15 days at home with my foot up, plenty of time to learn and play with facer
/Sarcasm mode off

You’re welcome!

Funny enough, I know how that feels. A couple weeks ago, my wife ran over my foot with my own damn truck! Luckily, just heavy bruising.

Hope you feel better soon!

LoL tks @Rator

I hope at least now she is feeling guilty and spoiling you hahaha

I WISH! No, once she saw it wasn’t broken, she went back into normal mode lol.