Round and Round We Go

Those Hands would work great on a Fire Engine Face @mrantisocialguy as they look a lot like ladders. :ladder:

2 Likes

Very true.

2 Likes

That gave me a loose knit idea… which I started to tinker with, loosely… but it may have come out loosely cheesy (except for the second hand with its c-clef tail, that I like!)

FINE PRINT: I had one music class [censored] years ago, and I remember nuffin. So if I got anything wrong in what I attempted to implement here, I will be pulling a Sergeant Schultz :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

7 Likes

Nice one . Sorry it is one of my things . How about a little metronome at 6 . Please give us a battery gauge and some would say the DOM as a minimum . Like the AOD although I never use it . Think about an After dark .

2 Likes

My mother tried to teach me how to read music. She did the old memory rhyme. Every Good Boy Does Fine. (E G B D F) and FACE. (F A C E). Still to this day that is the only way I can read music. I’ve played keyboard for years by ear only.

3 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

:rofl: :upside_down_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Like the cheesy rhyme some of us were taught (in one form or another) for remembering the resistor value color code!
Black brown red orange yellow green blue violet gray white
Bad boys ruin our young girls but violet gives willingly

3 Likes

I was actually thinking to come up with a power gauge of some sorts at 6 (but for now, added fading date & battery level text).
A swinging garden ornament on the other hand… :thinking:

2 Likes

:grinning::grin::joy::rofl::laughing::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I learned it with “ruin” as the forceable version of being taken. And that was in a General Motors Training Center no less.

3 Likes

@kourosh you just reminded me of how I learned the Resistor Colour Codes, but it’s definitely NOT politically correct nowadays -
Black B#st#rds Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without :grimacing: :dotted_line_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

How do you like it now?

2 Likes

OMG, I’m LMAO right now! :laughing:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I hope you know I’m just kidding… I struggled a bit to get a smooth swinging motion and finally figured it out and the mechanism is working, so I stuck the gnome there while I build the metronome itself.

4 Likes

Sorry @mrantisocialguy, I did not mean to hijack your design showcase thread… I became overly excited from getting an immediate design idea (an original one, for a change, which does not happen often!) after @alwaysbusy4family’s music comment.

I’m still unsure if the notes are even proper. I tried to make hands out of the treble clef, but it’s too delicate and skinny. So I repurposed the hours/minutes hands I had created for @Orakix’s contest and added a new themed seconds hand. And thanks to @russellcresser for suggesting the metroGnome idea. I don’t think it wants to run any faster, at the next speed up you loose the sinusoidal feel of the swing. And of course it’s 6:25… and the whole thing is covered up.

4 Likes

It isn’t a problem at all, I’ve been enjoying the thread. I started this thread 23 days ago and that watch face right now has been synced almost 150 times. I don’t mind a thread wandering around, sometimes they become more interesting than they were when they started. This is one of those. :grin:

5 Likes

Some times a Topic just naturaly becomes a Fun Run.

3 Likes

Gif 16

5 Likes