Someone had to do it

No, but Google has one that does. If Google did not allow it, it wouldn’t have approved it.

1 Like

@russellcresser It doesn’t rotate as am/pm. It actually is supposed to rotate according to sunrise and sunset hours (something I tried before too). Now, I’m not 100% sure it works as intended (it seems to jump a bit as you say) but maybe because the amount of sunrise hours change a bit every day?

1 Like

Can it design an original for APPLE watch with complications? (Wallpaper type doesn’t count.)

No, I think of it as I come up with the idea. Then I describe it as best I can so I can get the right positioning and rotation formulas. A tool to use in other words.

1 Like

@juni00 for a bit of Fun on a Face it is wonderful .I have seen advanced maths for making these things correct . I tend to let the rotation of the sun be 24 hrs and have a shaded horizon for SrSs .But that is completely different . The Yin Yang Symbolism is more important .

So you can’t tell it to create a watch face for Apple Watch Series 8 with complications for (example) weather, email, and music?

1 Like

No, you can’t.GTP has no way of adding and creating images or even search for them.

But you can ask for the tags and formulas for the watch face and complications.

Today I taught GTP color theory - handy when you need pleasing contrasting colors. Like “I want to make a watch face with the main color blue, what would be good colors for the dials”

1 Like

Yellow ?

2 Likes

Can’t beat Russell’s intelligence and humour. We keep him!

3 Likes

Interesting. With the AI that I was offered (and did not take) you find an image anywhere online and it creates other images using that. Unfortunately, Facer has been flooded with thousands of Apple wallpaper types created that way. (Not mine!) I was just curious how far someone could go with this type of “theft”.

1 Like

If the Logo and Image are free to use while they are promoting the Apps . They are fair game I would say . Th Image creation app is DALL-E which is owned by the same company Surprisingly .

I was referring to a different one - not DALL-E. Apparently there are at least two.
Sadly, not many people care about copyrights. According to the documentation with the one I heard about, once an image is changed, the image supposedly becomes the property of the user. To me that is like stealing a car, repainting it and saying “Now I own it.” The vendor’s advice about using copyrighted images, was to always contact the original artist first. I’ve told a million+ people to do that, yet I still see images that I recognize being pasted on watch faces.

2 Likes

Facer can’t even stop the overt copyright infringements let alone something made by AI. Every day I see nothing but cartoon characters (Pink Panther, Alice in Wonderland being the latest) being promoted on the Facebook group. As you have said before, just do your own thing, but it is still incredibly frustrating to see that time and time again.

1 Like

This was not made with a sequence. Gpt helped me with the gear formulas (and the description of course - I’m not that eloquent):

Since I suck at math AI has been an invaluable help with all formulas in my latest watch faces.

2 Likes

It would be nice if the Tourbillon Reciprocated Back and forth as in a Mechanical watch . But you AI has done you proud there .

It’s actually not a tourbillon, it is the gear above the balance wheel. You can actually see the coil expanding and contracting if you look closely. Sort of wasted effort for something so tiny but I like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK . Sorry . Your Watch your way . I only make what I like .

It’s mostly because I don’t really know how a tourbillon actually moves. Otherwise I would have gone for that.

I aspire to some day be as good as Waldhoff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love drawing and making tourbillions, and dare I say, I’m pretty good at it (you can see some examples if you want) but just make sure you’re making them for yourself because unless it’s digital with all the superfluous info included, the masses really don’t seem to care or appreciate mechanicals and tourbillions as much.:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I do want to see examples!

I bought Facer premium for watch faces and then I basically just use my own or Waldhoff’s watch faces. I thought premium included the premium watch creator. :frowning:

1 Like

Nah you still gotta know how to draw your pieces and then code them. It’s definitely not a drag and drop process! I have a tourbillions section in my profile. I haven’t done many in Facer but I have done a lot in the “other app”, the one who’s name we cannot mention here. Lol

1 Like