Specular highlights on the hands

Just wondering if any designers have tackled the problem of following original light sources as the hands rotate. I’ve done this with my latest face, which has shiny hands, and has been modelled with a white light source coming from the top, and an orange one from the bottom. Those light sources remain in those positions, regardless of the position of each of the hands. I was going to put in the description that this specific attention to detail is rarely seen on Facer faces, but I don’t actually know if that’s the case. I couldn’t find any that touted the feature, or where it was obviously visible, so I’m just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on whether this is a widespread practice. It certainly adds a subtle realism to the face, that most won’t notice, but some probably will.

I’m not sure the best way to preview an unreleased face in the forum, so here’s a link that I think will at least work for people who care to click on it - rich709 - Concentricity - Preview Ed. - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

I also saw something about it in the chat room, but can’t find anything there. You can ask there too, though

1 Like

Amazing, thank you @lucky.andrei. Did you have that saved, or are you just a search Ninja?

1 Like

I’m probably Ninja :rofl:

2 Likes