Speed gauge attempt

I have seen some gauge types around and was curious if I could animate the odometer digits to simulate the rolling change. On my watch it works, but maybe still needs some polishing for better readability.

11 Likes

nice effect! I like the turning cylinders. The overall feel is very speedometer-like too. Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you for your words.
I was about to animate the date too, but for that one occasion at midnight I think it would be overkill. Also the letters would have to be one language only.

Attempt no. 2
I made the hands to get up from zero parking position after wake up.
I just noticed that different watch templates have different preview area size. Can anyone say which one is the biggest?

3 Likes

nice! look neat.
(i don’t know which watch is the biggest)

looks good! I think this fossil and the black Huawei watch are among the biggest. Galaxy three is also relatively big. But… I think in general that doesn’t matter as much as the cosmetic compatibility for the preview. This one is a good choice for this face imo.

2 Likes

can you make a tutorial for rolling numbers

1 Like

If you do a search and or Inspect the Work shown above it is all there . Of course there may not be Graphics you can just pick up but have a little Go .

3 Likes

I remember the rolling numbers watch face :slight_smile:

And they also still haven’t fixed the editing watch faces on iPads. I wonder if I could do it without LUA scripting anymore. Like my last watch face looks simple but has a five page long script starting with actually calculating the illuminated part of the moon, figuring out the moon age and five tap actions, Wonderfully complicated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you creating Faces for Facer in Java Script . I thought LUA was a Watchmaker thing . Are the formulas we use in Facer the same as LUA ?

No, I am using WM. I can convert all my Facer formulas to WM but there isn’t much point to it, since I can create better ones using the LUA script. And then there are the tweens schedules - that is something Facer for sure would need.

1 Like

I am wondering why you are here on this Topic . What you are talking about is very Off-Piste .

Oh jeez, you are right.

I apologize for hijacking the thread.

I guess I miss Facer and the community.

1 Like

I don’t like the Term Hijacking . Every thing that gets on here helps in the Learning . It is just that If Someone does bother to do a Search . The first thing they see is not related to Speed Gauges however Historical .

For me this one. The orange. Very nice work

1 Like