Streamlined Weather Icons

Done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Added more :slight_smile: What would be the best way to differentiate shower rain from rain, just fewer rain lines? Also, I note that night icons aren’t available in creator by default - Is the best way to implement them just having 2 sets of icons and altering the X position with #DISDAYTIME#?

4 Likes

Yes and Yes . You have a good handle on things . If you want to do forecast Icons you have to make the 9 layers for each day . 18 if you want day and night . So you will see that those who do it properly have done a lot of work . You may get reports that DISDAYTIME does not work in that case there is a GRUNT formula composed by the giants . I have a copy somewhere . I think it might be older Tizens .

3 Likes

I have seen icons where the shower icon has less drops than the rain icon, like these:

Shower:
09 SHOWER

Rain:
10 RAIN

4 Likes

yay, I see moon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I dont like the term shower rain. For me as non native English speaker it means something like more intense rain, while I learned it means sporadic rain, occasional or local.

5 Likes

Cool Thx you

4 Likes

The sad thing is when it comes up in Text on a face it is something like Intermitant Light Rain . So when you think you have made space for the Description it is too big . Facer should name the different weather description Text as the Icon labels . Just saying . I think they leave it like that so we have something to talk about in the Community .

2 Likes

Ah, done it myself:

$#WCCI#==01?CLEAR:$$#WCCI#==02?CLOUDS:$$#WCCI#==03?CLOUDY:$$#WCCI#==04?CLOUDY:$$#WCCI#==09?SHOWER:$$#WCCI#==10?RAIN:$$#WCCI#==11?STORM:$$#WCCI#==13?SNOW:$$#WCCI#==50?MIST:$

6 Likes

Could 04 be Overcast ?

2 Likes

Me either - We don’t really use the ‘shower rain’ term in Australia.

2 Likes

The default text-based descriptions of weather are indeed way too long haha

2 Likes

Only problem is that the icons then change after midday…Ideally, you would only want the moon icons to appear after say, 5pm. Any way to do this?

2 Likes

there were multiple discussions to this tag, for example here:

3 Likes

I just opened creator and it’s working fine now…Didn’t change anything. Internet fairies at play again haha

2 Likes

Yes this works, but reduces the possible descriptions to those 9, while it seems Facer uses truncated numbers (first two digits) of icon codes from openweathermap.org to assign the images, but directly pulls some of the condition descriptions from openweathermap, which under some icons are multiple there (while only one of such group can be previewed in creator).
Like for example, when #WCCI# = 50, #WCCT# could produce fog, mist, or even smoke.

5 Likes

DISDAYTIME and SR SS need the connection to Open Weather to work correctly . Sometimes a swap to a non Facer Face and Back is required to persuade our Watches to collect the Data from Open Weather over the Internet and send it to our Watches .

3 Likes

The way I do it:

4 Likes

@masterboyhr All working well now, but thanks! Good for anyone else wondering :blush:

3 Likes

Nice! Great thread for summarising weather codes here too :slight_smile:

3 Likes