[Tutorial] Digital Time: Separate images for each number (no font)

I believe this is the most important piece of information i got out of this thus far ty ty ty!!!

I actually got all the numbers to work for the 24 hour. However, for 00:00 (midnight), it’s showing 24:00… 24:01… 24:02… >__< How do I fix this?

I do not know what formula are you using to show the digits 0, 2 and 0, 4 in your image stacks for hours, but you have to change it.
I think they should have opacity set like
for first 0: $floor(#Db#/10)==0?100:0$
for second 0: $#Db#%10==0?100:0$
for first 2: $floor(#Db#/10)==2?100:0$
for second 4: $#Db#%10==4?100:0$

3 Likes

Thank you!! They worked!!! Yay! :star_struck::blush:

1 Like

I think this is one of the more Important Topics in the Whe community and it is over 5 years old . Nearly Day One stuff .

1 Like

However, I still can’t get this one to work :pleading_face::

$#DTIMEFORMAT#=12&&#DhZB#==a?170:$$#DTIMEFORMAT#=24&&(#Db#-(10*floor(#Db#/10)))==a?170:2000$

2 Likes

==a is a NOP I am certain . I can not test anything . The Cavalry may arrive soon . In the mean time split the formula up and see what #DbZB# gives you on its own in a Text Field when you drag the Time Machine slider . Be Aware that #Db# will Change according to the user 12/24 hrs preference . Also it is sometime not a good Idea to to use Leading Zero stuff inside Formulas . They are meant for Display only . But saying that I gave seen some make them work .

oh my. My head just exploded. LOL!!! :rofl: Thanks for the response. I will play around and test things out… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need that formula. Just derive the example I gave you above for all the needed hour digits.

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

How do I make it 12H and 24H all in one watch face? I’ve been making one 12H watch face and one 24H watch face. How do I make one that can be both?

1 Like

The 12 hrs face would be shown with this in the Opacity Field of the Dial Layer ( Layers ) .
$#DTIMEFORMAT#=12?100:0$
Change the 12 to 24 for the other Face .
A the bottom of the Sliders panel there is a Simulator for the 12 / 24 hrs setting .

Like this:

If you use the #Db# tag for hours, it will automatically display format according user settings.
I guess you can derive the formula for all other digits

2 Likes

When you say “first 0”, are you saying the “hour tens 0”?
“second 0” is “hour ones 0”?
“first 2” is “hour tens 2”?
“second 4” is “hour ones 4”?

This is what I use so far for the 24H:

[Hour tens 0]
$floor(#Db#/10)==0?100:0$
[Hour tens 1]
$#DkZA#=1?100:0$
[Hour tens 2]
$floor(#Db#/10)==2?100:0$

[Hour ones 0]
$#Db#%10==0?100:0$
[Hour ones 1, 2, 3, 5~9]
$#DkZB#=1?100:0$
[Hour ones 4]
$#Db#%10==4?100:0$

1 Like

derive my formula for each digit, use #Db# for every hour digit and it will switch automatically
[Hour tens 0]
$floor(#Db#/10)==0?100:0$
[Hour tens 1]
$floor(#Db#/10)==1?100:0$
[Hour tens 2]
$floor(#Db#/10)==2?100:0$

[Hour ones 0]
$#Db#%10==0?100:0$
[Hour ones 1]
$#Db#%10==1?100:0$
[Hour ones 2]
$#Db#%10==2?100:0$
[Hour ones 3]
$#Db#%10==3?100:0$
do you see the pattern? continue same way to 9

3 Likes

Omgsh… You’re AWESOME!!! Thank you so so much for the help!!! :star_struck: :blush: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Ok I believe I would like to try this tutorial out and see how it works.
However I have questions I am curious about the process and I want to make sure I am understanding the process correctly.
The way I am reading the steps is as follows
Step 1- I place first 0 in 10’s hour spot then put $#DhZA#=0?100:0$ in the opacity box in the section where you set positions and fonts and stuff.
Step 2- I place the 2nd 0 where it would go from 1 o clock to 9 oclock
again putting into the opacity box $#DhZB#=0?100:0$
Step 3- Repeating the next 2 0’s for the 10 minute and 1 minute spots. using $(floor(#Dm#/10))=0?100:0$ and $(#Dm#-((floor(#Dm#/10))*10))=0?100:0$ respectively?
Step 4- I Assume that I follow this process by placing all of the respective 1’s along with their respective tags into the opacity box.
Followed by all of the 2’s with their tags then the 3’s and so on?
The question is, is my interpretation of the steps correct?

1 Like

Simple tests as you go along will show if it works or not . It is great we can make non destructive tests of our work .

2 Likes

Yes, you can inspect some of the examples with fancy digits, they are made that way

2 Likes

Her is my first attempt at trying this neat little trick out.
And yes I do see where I need to make an adjustment in the future.
That being on the size of the “numbers”.
But overall I am pleased to know that now knowing how its done It opens up more faces to experiment with down the road.

[]()

4 Likes