Wake up sequence

OK
that is very cool
How does the code work?

2 Likes

@ThaMattie

i love this shit

2 Likes

Well, that’s a long story, but I’ll try…
This is what I am using:
((interpDecel(#DWE#,0.01,0.25,1)*(#DWFKS#+90))-(interpDecel(#DWE#,0.24,0.4,1)*90))

The first part is sort of what you had. You mentioned going from 0 to 11 to 8 as an example, so I took 3 hours = 90 degrees as the value to go over the actual value.

What interpDecel and interpAccel do is give you a number in a smooth curve from 0 to 1, based on a seed, a starting value, an end value and a speed value. Decel goes from fast to slow, Accel from slow to fast. The “speed” is 0 to 1. I think higher makes the curve smoother

So the first part (interpDecel(#DWE#,0.01,0.25,1)*(#DWFKS#+90)) says: Use the seconds since activation (#DWE#) to, within start time (0.01) to end time (0.25) with a certain speed (1), go certain degrees (90) past the current hour (#DWFKS#).

Then you are 90 degrees too far, so the second part has to substract those 90 degrees within a certain time using -(interpDecel(#DWE#,0.24,0.4,1)*90).
So using #DWE# again, within start time (0.24) to end time (0.4) and speed (1), substract 90 degrees from hour+90 degrees.
I used a little overlap in the end time (0.25) of going up, and start time (0.24) of going down, because that made the spike look smoother, but you’d have to play with the numbers

Does this make sense :stuck_out_tongue:?

4 Likes

I tried to simplify it and made the hands go 0°-360°-0°-#DWFKS# (in same example above, hour hand within 1s, minute hand within 2s).
I Dont see the point of going to 330°

2 Likes

@ThaMattie

Even if there is something wrong with the translation, I get the gist
perfect
thank you

2 Likes

@petruuccios

With the displays in the car or motorcycle (which do something like this),
the pointer never deflects to the stop when starting.
Mostly about 75%
hence the 330°

2 Likes

I want to thank everyone here for the very cool codes.
Those are really good effects.
I hope many will enjoy it.

That’s great

2 Likes

Nice Mattie . Nothing like a Simple working Test .I Love this Topic .

1 Like