Watch brand and Facer satisfaction level

Yes stated differently is an understatement as it clearly says active and constructive member of the Facer community. Those new partners have not been constructive to our community in any way and probably never will. SEE BELOW:

• Your watch faces must have received at least 5,000 syncs in the past 30 days.
  • You must have created at least one collection of watch faces showcasing your own designs.
  • You must be an active and constructive member of the Facer community.
2 Likes

Also…if someone was brought in from the outside as you say, with their own set of followers, then obviously they were not able to meet the 5000 syncs in 30 days either.
Really they should join on before being given partnership and build syncs of their own in order to meet at least that requirement, in my opinion.
We need that “PR person” I spoke about earlier to really respond to issues such as this that will undoubtedly make so many great designers feel confused and unheard.

4 Likes

So I want to thank @richangil for starting this topic, but no points for F for doing just that… not. When was the last customer survey I wonder and I wonder even more about what happened after that. If there was no survey and no follow-up, then I wonder why.

In any case I expect from F more openness, more interaction. The more because I read from these reactions - mostly - unsatisfied reactions about F support although these regulars on the forum are praised as gems, filling some gaps/needs and some essential and informative, supportive answers. Something doesn’t add up here I believe. I wouldn’t stand where I am without them and I must say the good basic F documentation, these tutorials for starting up is good but needs overall an update.

Now, I’m sure the F team does a lot of work which is unnoticed, in the dark and they deserve fairness. But if they don’t use this now, react on these statements of the majority, they spilled that cup for me.

Here are some suggestions but I’m sure there are others :

• set up, adapt your communication plan to interact on a regular basis with these gems. More interaction. More appreciation. More people on board. Listen.
  • Open up your documentation about active processes and projects and publish your issues list with the necessary attributes. So, better process & project docs. Less reworks, errors. Think together.
  • Talk through your upgrade documentation with the gems. Less Pitt falls, no temporarily downgrades, more value.
  • Integrate those gems in your test team. They are gems after all!
  • On regular basis, customer surveys. More integration not separation.

You will notice - dear F - from then on that everyone will gain from it as a F team member, or as a customer or as a forum gem from the added value, reduced errors, Even me. More satisfaction and better software in the end. We are all in the same boat, but it’s leaking too much.

2 Likes

I had a Samsung Gear S3 which I loved. It’s battery couldn’t hold a charge and I couldn’t find any way to replace it. Facer worked well on it, but once Facer abandoned Tizen, the colors on any of my new designs looked awful.
Anyway, I had to get a new watch so I got the Galaxy 4. It does not have the apps I loved on the Gear S3, but Facer works well on it.
I really like Facer Creator for making watch faces. I’ve tried others, but didn’t find them intuitive or easy to use. Since I don’t have sophisticated design software or graphics programs and don’t pay for premium design capabilities, the basic Facer Creator meets my needs.
I don’t spend that much time on the forum, but always check out whats going on when I get the e-mail summary. I have gotten tons of support and help on this forum and have learned a lot from the other designers here.
-Warren

6 Likes

I also wonder why if Facer is only interested in outside “talent” and their “100’s of thousands” of followers do they allow them to continue to sell their watch faces on other platforms. Wouldn’t a logical step be to have exclusivity contingencies for these new partners so that Facer can get their followers to the platform and away from other platforms? Also, as a customer, why would I want to pay subscription fees or whatever if I can simply just continue to access my favorite designers like I always have and just buy an individual face I like on the platform I have always been using? I’d love to get invited to a platform and just continue to sell my wares anywhere else I wanted…yet designers who have been here, have learned, have improved their game, and have built followings and their branding in Facer are completely ignored.

I have decided to use Facer because it is the best as far as ease of use and workflow from other graphic apps. I am well-versed in the other “2” apps and while one or another might have some better features, overall Facer is still the best. I can only hope one day, I am given an opportunity to maybe earn a little scratch from the thing I truly love to do and have been doing for a long time. I feel like my only mistake was not getting here earlier. I have so many questions.

2 Likes

This is new to me. Maybe some later tizen updates caused that (I avoided them). My gear S3 watch still works well, in looks regard at least. I have proof video. Faces look and work as on creator page (well, maybe not always, some details like stroke and glow effects, get distorted eventually, external complications do not work, so I do not use them).

2 Likes

Great Video Peter . @wsilbers Facer still works on my Galaxy Active ( Tizen ). I have never put Pro stuff on it . But get it out now and Again for tests .

I almost forgot to add user feedback/replies: 9/10

One of the main reasons I like Facer and the reason I will stay here forever is because of my user responses. The people who wear my watches and write me are sooo appreciative. 99% of the people have such nice things to say and you can feel the excitement. Knowing that people are wearing and enjoy looking at their watches brings me great satisfaction and joy. It is very rewarding.

4 Likes

The watch faces I created before Facer Creator was updated to be compatible with the newer Wear OS watches continued to look fine on my Gear, but the colors were off with any new faces I created and old ones I edited. I even had a topic posted on the matter with pictures https://community.facer.io/t/facer-not-rendering-colors-correctly/70339.
Anyway, it’s a moot point since I’m wearing a Galaxy 4 now that my Gear 3 won’t hold a charge. Facer is great on the Galaxy 4, but I miss my favorite apps from the Gear 3. As a cook and a baker, I need timers. You’d think that a watch would have a multitude of timer apps available. The Gear 3 did, but the Galaxy 4 thinks the only thing people time are activities (exercise). Sigh!

1 Like

Out of curiosity I tried the burgundy face from that topic and on my S3 it looks nice. That supports my point that there is maybe Samsung to blame for their updates, as my watch is running on its original Tizen 2.3.2.3. I understand that people want to get most out of their devices if firmware allows it, and I dont want to imply Samsung mess the updates on purpose, but in this case who knows where the truth is. They ditched Tizen officially for new watches, but at least Facer did not completely abandon it yet.

3 Likes

Firstly let me thank everyone for the awesome response, albeit a predictable outcome. Overall Facer need to step up their presence and take some Q&A about the issues we experience.

So in a state of boredom today, I decided to give the app a go again.

Loaded new install on both watch and phone, all good. Upon syncing the first face ( self made simple test face) the watch glitched. The face froze and watch again went into a loop where upon reboot, it would display the face for less than a second before going back into boot loop.

Watch (begrudgingly) reset, and set up from scratch again.

This is beyond frustrating, and after the response here, to see no official “Facer” presence as yet, is baffling.

3 Likes

Hi @petruuccios your wrist selfie has just added a further complication for me (forgive the pun). How great @wsilbers burgundy watchface looks on your watch - it doesn’t look so good on my watch! It sort of makes sense in a way an evening dress watch is not going to look good on a rugged survival type watch (I’m not suggesting your watch is that type) and vice versa. Perhaps this means that those chasing synchs and likes should design for the most popular watch types. I personally don’t worry because I use a watch that hasn’t been sold for ages.

3 Likes

That issue was brought up in another community post. I had the Gear S3 Frontier at the time and checked it. A lot of the colors were way different than the way I had made the watchfaces. This was just after I was released from the hospital from having COVID. My wife’s grandson was mowing my yard for me so I gave him my GW S3 as payment for helping me out. He never used Facer so I knew he wouldn’t have any issues with the watch.

3 Likes

My satisfaction level just dropped a bit (I still cant decide whether it has anything with my watch but I doubt it). For some reason, on my newly saved faces the phone app no longer shows the theme selector. Is this a “new feature” or bug? I can switch theme on watch (if I add a theme selector touchable layer on the face), but not on phone.

2 Likes

Interesting App feature! Not available, and never has been, on iPhone…

1 Like

I just checked on one I saved yesterday. It is showing up on my phone app this morning.

2 Likes

Save it. Then open Facer on the phone and sync from phone. It will be synced right away.
Sometimes it’s enough to just open Facer on the phone, web sync starts at that moment.
Don’t know why.

I’m off topic, sorry.

2 Likes

By the way,this was the best explanation,Thank You :ok_hand:

2 Likes

@masterboyhr . It is essential for me that my Phone is Awake when I sync a Face from My Laptop or Tablet . I have tried every permission including the power ones but The display Has to be awake . I don’t feel the Topic Has been Hijacked . Anyone can come in and Pull it back . I think what we are talking about is relevant to the Topic.

5 Likes

Maybe it depends on the Marvin’s mood…

molesto-marvin

5 Likes