[Watch Face] [Special Effect] What Do You Think About a Tiny Display Directly In The Minute Hand?

Hello There,

Thanks again for your feedback to my last three watch faces. Today (Mar 7, 2018), I would like to ask your opinion to a new special effect mentioned in the title.

Here is also a Tutorial and open Inspecior Mode to this watch face.

4 Likes

Hi,
Definitely like the look and style. Clean. And the info on the MinuteHand really adds a unique touch.

1 Like

Thanks @feonix_07, I do still try to prepare different styles of :watch: faces…

1 Like

Wow! Nice coding! Great Idea.

But imho, the main problem is about the User-readbility of the scroll text. It is small, rotates and maybe a little bit to long - too much Information to read.

Greetings,

Phantasico

1 Like

Hi @GAUSS, you are absolutely right… I like to have challenges and in this case I told to myself “it must be possible to roll a text at the hand” …the question of usability come later on… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol! I know that feeling very well … i am perfectly with you.

1 Like

Inspector Mode is disabled :slightly_frowning_face:

I already looked at that thank you Andrei, but there’s no Inspection mode on it there either :slightly_frowning_face:
Just to be able to display a little text within or on the Hands would be nice.

If I get over my laziness, I might put something together as an example, but I can’t promise anything :grinning:

2 Likes

You can just follow the tutorial and get what you want?
If it’s text without the rolling part, then here you go (we can’t wait for @lucky.andrei to not be lazy):

UPDATED

2 Likes

Thanks guys, but I have to say sorry Matt, I already know how to get the Seconds like that, it’s actually short text I want to display on Hands, and I read the original Tutorial but without the Inspection Mode I didn’t really know what to do :disappointed_relieved:

Morning Matt, I just tried using your Text method from Test.Rotating.Texts and the Text keeps sliding out of the Watch Hand, any ideas please Sir?

1 Like

This is because text is not really centered vertically correctly. That’s going to be a pain to fix :stuck_out_tongue:
The X and Y probably need a second sin/cos to make up for the difference in offset in all 4 directions.
I will have to look into this.

1 Like

Good luck Matt, I have full faith in you…
Let’s see who works it out first, or even if Andrei gets over his laziness :joy:

You need to counteract the sin with a cos and vice versa. I’ve updated mine:

4 Likes

So cool thanks Matt, I’m just binge watching Fear The Walking Dead, then I’ll check this out for sure thanks :clap:

Thanks Matt, but I’ve tried that out, swapping out your #DWFSS# for #DWFMS# as I’m using a minutes hand, and I can’t get the positioning right no matter what numbers I play around with sorry :frowning: Yes, the Text stays inside the Hand, but I can’t position it centrally if I change any numbers.

1 Like

This works for me:
x: (160+(62*sin(rad(#DWFMS#)))+(5*cos(rad(#DWFMS#))))
y: (160-(62*cos(rad(#DWFMS#)))+(5*sin(rad(#DWFMS#))))

The “62” is the radius of the circle, you adjust that if you want it closer to the center or further away. The “5” is the correction, you adjust that if the text is not centered in the little window.
Always keep those numbers the same in X and Y or you get elliptical movement instead of circular.

4 Likes

Legend, it works beautifully thank you Matt, AND you explained it nicely so I could make any necessary adjustments, Kudos to you thanks Matt :clap: :+1: :champagne:

2 Likes