[Watch Faces] Animated Flipper series

Coming soon:

Still working out some issues with the hours flipping. 12 hour clock animation seems pretty close with only minor glitches, but 24 hour clock has some issues - so animation is turned off on 24 hour clock 10s digit, not on the 1s digit.

This 2nd one is 309 layers! :grin:

8 Likes

Wow. Is that why you Animation is not working as expected. Used up all the memory with all those layers ?

1 Like

No, I donā€™t think that is it. It is actually running quite smoothly on my 4 year old original galaxy watch. I just have an issue of the conditional statement which detects 12/24 hour mode and determines which half numbers are turned on or off and which are in the background, and which are being animated. Itā€™s numbing my brain and Iā€™m getting confusedā€¦ Also the 24 hour clock 1s digit between 13 & 18 is not quite working yetā€¦ :confounded:

Edit: all fixed now, in both 12/24 hour mode.

1 Like

That is BEAUTIFUL work !!
You have outdone yourself, Brad.
Those clock flips look just like my old alarm clock when I was a kid.

Well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks @alwaysbusy4family, I appreciate it. These are published now by the wayā€¦ :beers:

2 Likes

Over 300 layers must be a record.

1 Like

Could someone with a WearOS watch kindly please try the Full Flipper Animated Weather watch again? I want to know if the little lines show up between the temperatures in the graph. There used to be a WearOS bug where they didnā€™t display, but now I understand the latest version of Facer fixed it, and so I editted the expression to implement the fix, and Iā€™m hoping they are displayed now. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hereā€™s how it looks on my Fossil Carlyle HR 5th gen

1 Like

Thank you very much @mrantisocialguy. Thatā€™s a very telling image. It tells me that the new Facer version mostly works in WearOS with the expression fix, except when rotation is zero. I think that can be dealt with by using a conditional statement. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

I expected to see a dolphin :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_hand_over_mouth::grin:

4 Likes

300 Layers??? Wow.

3 Likes

all fine on my shitty ticw 2020 no lag and all line visible

4 Likes

Thanks @alsx65! Your pic is also very telling. Some WearOS faces donā€™t seem to have an issue with a calculated ā€œNaNā€ rotation value (as Creator reports it) & convert that to zero, while other brands seem to have an issue like @mrantisocialguyā€™s Fossil, while Tizen seems to work fine. Now that it is morning and Iā€™m more lucid, I can also see that your 19 hour is displayed correctly while on the Fossil the hours are not. Very weird stuff. I can also see that on your TIC, with another language such as Italian, the current day isnā€™t displayed correctly. Brand compatibility sure is a PITA when dealing with lots of expressionsā€¦ Stuff to think about hereā€¦

Also, thanks to the Mods for keeping this thread clean!

2 Likes