[WatchFace] Converge (published)

Synced and running smooth on my Galaxy Watch. :slightly_smiling_face:

Will be nice if you can incorporate the date on the face somehow without spoiling the nice clean look it has at present.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, @jeberuth!

@mountain_lion, I am so glad you like it! I want to add more complications such as the date and phone battery, so I will be conducting further experimentation. It’s the mad scientist in me that drives my motives.

I like that. I bet it will be synced by many because of its unique, simple, clean design.

1 Like

Really good work!

1 Like

@Linlay, @GAUSS, thank you both! I enjoy making these, so it will be the icing on the cake if this becomes popular,

1 Like

So I’ve been using this watchface for a day now and i like it. only thing i would like is if you’d show minutes instead of seconds in that circle (and perhaps a way to show 24h clock).

1 Like

@ThaMattie, thanks for the feedback. I am always looking to improve my products, so I will take your suggestions into consideration for upcoming releases.

24hr clock should be a separate face - requires a 24h dial.
For me the seconds make more sense in the circle as is. Minutes can be read from the face; shoving minutes into your face with a digital display detracts from the subtlety.

Having the date available, will make this face fully functional for me.
Perhaps by using/adapting the principle discussed here:

Day in month is a must have, month is preferred and weekday is a nice to have. :slight_smile:

:upside_down_face: i guess that is why you need variations of the same watchface… everyone finds something else important (i dont need a date on my watch for example)

1 Like

My general rule is I want time, date, and battery level at minimum. But some designs do in fact look better without one or more of those elements. I think this is one of those that is best to leave it minimal to let the novelty of the movement do all the talking.

My entire aesthetic influence comes from the mechanical watch world, where even though on the very high end of things so much is mechanically possible, sometimes still a time-only watch is the most beautiful thing.

2 Likes

I did a quick test (with just facer elements) to create one incorporating the minutes and battery, something like this would work for me (didn’t try 24h, because facer doesn’t have that by default):

While I like the overall direction you are going with that, putting the minutes ring over the tick marks takes away from them being there. If you notice, my tick marks are by the hour, half hour and ten minute for readability.

1 Like

Yeah, I know the marks are off, (facer doesn’t have the tickmarks preset like you made them). It was just to show what minutes and a battery indicator could do. And I was playing with the idea of the circle being a magnifying glass, magnifying the minutes on the tick marks (one would have to make 60 “spherized” images in photoshop to make something like that look good)

1 Like

It would actually be more involved than 60 frames because you want a smooth movement to maintain the illusory passing of 43,200 seconds. The intent of such a watch as this is that you slow down and take in the picture. The watch lets you in its world, allowing you to interpret the time, if you will. It is a gift.

1 Like

Okay, so, I received some feedback from users on this face. The current free published face is now going to have a premium brother. I instituted some modifications with everyone’s comments in mind, and in keeping with my original intent with this design. I added a color picker for the hand and ring. I also added a var for switching between seconds and watch battery level. In addition, I added hidden buttons for accessing the Calendar, so you have you date and day of the week, as requested. Other buttons include the Activity app and Weather app.

I will be publishing Converge Plus soon, so please be on lookout if you are looking for these functions.

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite design concepts. I made my own personal version to fit my needs.
It has:

• a Phoenix background
  • 24 hours (only took 8 layers :upside_down_face:)
  • tickmarks per 5 minutes
  • minutes disc instead of seconds
  • battery indication by sliding down the minute disc along the hand (not sure if I’ll keep this)

I’ve named it Phoenix.XHour.Converge as a tribute to yours…

1 Like

Nice @ThaMattie :slightly_smiling_face:

Would you be willing to publish the 24h dial (full dial for normal use) in the resource section?
https://community.facer.io/c/watchface-Resources/dials

I’s not a full 24h dial, the numbers are replaced while turning…

1 Like

I saw this face did not use a full dial, hence the qualification in brackets with my question above, but I assumed that you created at least 2 complete dials (0 to 11 & 12 to 23). I hoped that you have a full dial too. :slightly_smiling_face:

The 2 dials marked for 24h use (5 or 10 minute intervals) will already be a handy resource in the absence of a full 24h dial, at least in my view.

But it was just a question to which No is also an acceptable answer. :wink:

1 Like

I have 1 to 12 and 13 to 00 (well i have whatever, the numbers are 24 seperate items)
How’s “I’ll think about it” :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m fairly new to all this, and not sure what my defined style will be. I have a bunch of drafts with all kind of concepts and wouldn’t want my debut publish to be with a dial everyone is using :upside_down_face:

2 Likes