Download 640x640px PNG file below:

The expression to show the current day at the top of the circle is:

Rotation: (-(#DOW#/7)*360)

Below is a template for the day text display window:

12 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Nice & Helpful.
It should also be avail in the tuts section.

3 Likes

Thank you! My first complication :relaxed:

3 Likes

You are most welcome. I look forward to seeing how you use it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s it so far, thank you very much :slight_smile:
It’s a ways from being finished but the general idea is to make it easy to view for people that use readers (like myself).
Next step is to learn how to show only the current day (hide the other 6 days). And I’m hunting for a tutorial about how to make my own day circles because that’s a great way to make a watch face look better.
Thanks for the inspiration!

3 Likes

In this case to onlyshow one weekday you will need a graphics program like photoshop or gimp to cut off the windows and set the weekday wheel behind.
Such Day cyles can be done with the same software. Some use as well illustrator or powerpoint

4 Likes

Make a copy of your face background with the tickmarks and all, then cut a hole where the current day is and put that image on a layer above the circle with all of the days.

5 Likes

Thanks this sounds easy enough. Learning… slowly learning.

3 Likes

Looking good, a nice start!

Great advice from the guys above. It is great that you are setting out how to learn how to edit your own images.

I don’t know how you would do it in other applications but if they are similiar to Photoshop, the way I would cut out the window in the layer that goes above the other days is:

• create the cover layer as mentioned above and adding what ever detail you want on it
  • with the “magic wand” selection tool ( or similar ) select all of the pixels that make up the date window. You should end up with a selection that is the same shape as the window but it will look a little larger due the feathering of the edge ( it fades gradually to invisibility ).
  • now, keeping the selection, change to your new cover layer, re-feather the selection to make sure that the edges are smooth, and delete/cut the selection from your layer.

Now that you have your cover layer, the order of layes would be is:

bottom: background layer ( needed because it may be possible to see throught the edges of the overlapping feathered edges between the day window and your new layer ). You can just rely on the background colour for this if you want but only if the colour matches your face. Otherwise, you will need to put a new layer here ( you could simply duplicate the top layer and use that ).

2nd layer: day window

3rd layer: day circle

top layer: your new layer

If the cut-out in your layer turns out to be too small/large then just repeat as above but expand/shrink the final selection before you cut out the window in your layer.

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Mike

5 Likes

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the help!
I’ve decided to try to learn the basics of Illustrator. Photoshop I know how to use to edit photos but doing graphics work is not in my wheelhouse… yet :relaxed:
I’ve made some small changes to the design, which can be seen above.
Thanks again everyone

4 Likes

Being a total noob to all of this, I’m now on a cool learning curve thanks guys, and big thanks to Mrantisocialguy ,for pointing me in the right directions, much appreciated :grinning:

2 Likes

Perfect! I will use one of these :innocent:

3 Likes

White Day Of Week Circle
Horizontal Days 00

2 Likes

How do I hide the other days that don’t get displayed in the widow?

2 Likes

You need to make a graphic that has a cutout at the top that is wide enough to show the longest day (Wednesday) and put the text under it.

3 Likes

I’m already doing that. As you see, the days are under the cutout

3 Likes

Then the whole bubble lens part needs to be part of that image with the cutout.

3 Likes

Here’s a Test example I made some time ago, Inspection is Open so you can look -

I used a Solid Circle, cut the Days out of it so they appear as holes in the circle, then a simple block was used underneath to show through the correct hole at the correct time. Hope that all helps :thinking: (I like to use White as a base colour, purely because it is quick and easy to colour in the Creator).
Day Wheel Holes 01 White
Day Wheel Holes 01
Day Wheel Marker

4 Likes