Weather not loading? Is it just me?

Yes to reboots on both devices, version numbers, and permissions. Maybe the fix only works for some phone or watch models. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions!

1 Like

Do you get this.
Screenshot_20230612_185408_sysui

1 Like

Sorry, not sure what you mean. I get data for steps and other activity. But no temperature, sunrise, or sunset (but I do get those data on non-Facer faces).

I tried completely uninstalling Facer on both phone & watch, reinstalling, & reinstating the permissions, but weather/sunrise info still doesn’t work.

1 Like

OK sorry I got lost there . Have you switched on the GPS and Location Permissions.
It is a good Idea to Install the Open Weather App from the Google store on your Phone . We think it helps Data retrieval .

Yes, GPS and location permissions are enabled and work everywhere except Facer faces. I’ll try Open Weather

1 Like

Open Weather is now installed & works fine, but still no luck with Facer weather

1 Like

So does The weather data not come to other facer Faces ?

Correct. It’s missing from Facer faces, works fine on non-Facer faces. Used to work fine on Facer faces too until a week or two ago.

1 Like

@gld . I had a Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health update on the 24 May . Did You get Those .

Not sure when updated, but I have Galaxy Wearable 2.2.55.23033161 and Samsung Health 6.23.5.027

1 Like

Yeah. Same as. I am just going to be asking more and more stupid question. Like are you connected via Bluetooth. Mobile to Watch. I just wish some of the others would join in. I think you will have to contact Little Labs this issue is well beyond me. I have never had these problems. Well I have , but not for Long.

1 Like

I appreciate your questions. Yes, watch/phone connected by BT. Yeah, it would be useful to see whose weather-info problems were or were not fixed by the Facer update, and which watches/phones they have.

1 Like

OK, I’m sure you do, but to make sure, do you have location turned on in both your watch and your phone? Also, if so, does the Facer watch app still have permission to access your location? Occasionally when apps update, they reset all the permissions you had set to something different, and you have to go back and reset it the way it needs to be.

2 Likes

Yes, I re-verified all my permissions. Lots of things on my phone and my watch successfully access location & weather–just not Facer. (Also, when I display a live view of a watchface on the Facer app on my phone, it gets the location/weather right. But somehow the information isn’t getting transferred to the Facer app on the watch.)

2 Likes

I figured you had, but I wanted to make sure. Your best option now is to contact @Facer_Official Support at https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new .

3 Likes

Try removing/deleting all Facer watchfaces from the watch, then clean-sync them again.

The last thing you can try is to uninstall Facer and then reinstall, both on watch and phone.

Weather should be working now, it’s been fixed. It’s working fine on my watch 5 and it’s the same software as watch 4.

I don’t think it’s Facer, I think you are missing something in settings.
I have no idea what, mrantisocialguy and russellcresser have covered everything.

1 Like

Thanks but I already tried uninstalling Facer completely (see above).

1 Like

Update: after a couple of days of not updating at all (it had been intermittent for a week or two prior to that), my location-dependent Facer data (specifically, temperature and sunrise/sunset times) have spontaneously reappeared (I had given up and wasn’t doing anything to cause the resumption).

It’s too soon to know whether it’s really fixed, or merely back to being intermittent. I’ll post a follow-up.

Follow-up: it’s still working. It’s weird that it took a few days for the update to kick in, but at least it’s ok now. Thanks for everyone’s help here!

3 Likes

Ha Ha . I always find stuff the last place I look . Just about the time I am thinking there is no hope . I can tell you that is wonderful news to me . I call that Voodoo . There is no Explanation . Great stuff . Please post us a Wrist shot of your watch working properly .
4aede321102fe3462566f62c76307c4d

1 Like

Sadly, the problem abruptly returned this morning. Once again, Facer faces on my Watch4 do not update the temperature (it’s way off and hasn’t changed for hours), but non-Facer faces update the temperature properly.

1 Like