What do People want?

Bless your heart, Joel. That just means it would be frowned upon to use Facer’s tools to create a design here and sell it elsewhere. If you create your own elements using PhotoShop, etc. you certainly can reuse them, but it probably would be best to use them a bit differently in your design for the other brand. In my opinion it’s just a courtesy that we should have toward any business regardless of the product.

2 Likes

Is this what you mean . Number 2 in the Top 100 Free Faces Charts . You know the respondents on here are unlikely to indulge and powerless to make that change .

1 Like

@russellcresser That is exactly what I mean. It appears to me to be solicitation. See the TOS for mention of solicitation. Report it.

2 Likes

Yeah . I have been Labelled Face Police in the past , I will pass on being the only one that reports these things . I am just surprised Marvin does not pick up phrases like " Buy Me a Coffee " and words like " PAYPAL " when " Ladybird " will get your Face taken down .

4 Likes

:smile: Marvin again

2 Likes

You may feel as if you are the only one who reports things, but how do you know for sure? The administration may have reasons that members are not aware of for acting as they do. That’s fine, but until told otherwise, members should do what they think is best as outlined in the TOS. That is why there is a section to report violations on the Support form.

2 Likes

Hello everyone… I wanted to jump in here and give out a little bit of information that was given to me. I’m guilty… I’m one of those people that in the beginning I asked for donations. It seemed that every time I published a new face, that all the requests would start. You all know how it is. Anyways, I knew they just wanted free stuff, who doesn’t? So I thought If I asked for a donation then they would know not to bother me anymore. If a person was serious and did offer to pay, then I made it free for them. Anyways, FACER emailed me and told me that the only place that I could ask for donations was in my description on my page. Unless they have changed the rules, it’s ok for someone to ask for these donations. Why not donate to someone that will design a face the way you want?

5 Likes

Oh that is Intresting . Thanks for that . I will have to take my Buy me a Coffee Protest Face and Modify my Profile . Having said that I have had few requests over the Years . Thanks for that . I must Read the TOS . :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

I respect that. Really, why not?

2 Likes

Little Labs is a business. You are using tools that they have created as part of their business model, yet you are asking for a donation for yourself? Wouldn’t it be better to ask for that donation to go to Facer or to a charity that Little Labs supports? I believe that was the intention with allowing it in a profile. Be aware that when rules are abused, changes are made.

Walk into a local restaurant. Take a few orders. Ask if you can cook the meals in their kitchen because you plan to give them away for a small donation (for yourself) because you did the labor. See how that goes.

If that doesn’t work post at an OEM community to the topics from customers requesting special configurations. Tell them that you build computers on your own using the company’s official parts, so you will honor customers’ wishes but you require a small donation. See how that goes.

If you are asking for money that is solicitation. Read the TOS.

3 Likes

@Linlay
Yes I agree partly with you, Facer provides a platform, this costs.
But I invest my time an inspiration as lots of users do, without Facer could hardly make money.
I will not write something like "buy me a cup of coffee. But when somebody likes my design and want to donate, I surely will not say “no”.
Perhaps Facer could do a lot more for users that make great designs, then this discussion would be without sense.

2 Likes

You all need to chill and relax. Free watches are free. No obligation to pay anyone. Buy me a coffee is an act similar to tipping. There should be no obligation to provide something from the act of some friendly gestures by others to show appreciation. Partners and Facer business model is not in any danger from these acts of kindness. People only tip if they can afford it. Now go enjoy the sun if its shining for you today. I have received a few coffees. We are talking a couple… here and there…you would die of thirst if you were relying on that as an income source!

5 Likes

@Jason thanks for your input. It is the TOS violation that comes into question rather than the revenue.

2 Likes

I think solicitation would be offering services for payment such as i will create you a watch face on receipt of payment. In my opinion I dont think that would apply to a donation/gift received for appreciation of a creators content. Below is an example of TOS from another community where they have added extra clarity. Facer TOS does not state any rules around gifting. Only solicitation. My opinions will likely differ from others as will my interpretations of TOS. But if someone is clearly requesting payment for something in return then i agree that would be against TOS.

3 Likes

Warren, I think your work is really good and have admired your creations for a long time. I know very little about what people want, but I bet likes and dislikes change all the time. And… It is so true, you are never going to please everyone. I say just keep doing what you like and what you are doing. People that follow you and others will like your new creations. I think trends eb and flo.

I think that there are just so many watch face designs to choose from. People like your design and move on to the next design and the next, etc. Then they forget to sync your face that they saw 10, 20 faces before.

I started creating just for myself using my photography and now I license other images that I use. If other people like a design, that’s great. I don’t expect anything. But I really do enjoy creating new designs. It seems I can never have enough watch faces to choose from these days.

The creative talent and ideas on this platform is so diverse. I am amazed at what other create.

Recently I created a very basic watch face. Just a Black background with White text. I got many requests for different colors. One person asked me to make a pro version watch face so she could choose different colors. So I did that and it was my first pro watch face.

Keep up your wonderful creations Warren.

3 Likes

@Jason thanks for sharing. I see that Roblox states that the user should receive nothing in return for submitting a tip. At Facer, most of the members who send donations receive a requested design.
In my experience at other sites when money is used in any way other than sales of the company’s product or company sponsored service it is considered a commercial venture and is forbidden. There are also privacy and security concerns to consider if communication regarding the above is handled via personal email.

@photobeth thank you for bringing this discussion back to the original topic.

1 Like

I’m ignorant on the subject, but Facer is an application and you pay and it’s not cheap at all and, therefore, I believe that the sale of your screens should not be prohibited!!!
And the use of the resources of the Facer Creator application are paid and the value is not cheap at all, so if you subscribe and use the highest resources, this can only be downloaded by people who pay to Facer and, thus, the application You win because they are sold through the app!!
Sorry if the language translation causes any confusion.

Eu sou um ignorante no assunto mas, o Facer é um aplicativo e, você paga e, não é nada barato e, assim sendo eu acredito que a venda de suas telas não deveria ter nenhuma proibição !!!
E a utilização dos recusos do aplicativo Facer Creator são pagas e, o valor não é nada barato assim, se você faz a assinatura e, utiliza os recursos mais elevádos esse, só podera ser baixado por pessoas que pagam ao Facer e, assim o aplicativo ganha pois, os mesmos são vendidos pelo aplicatico!!
Desculpem se a tradução de línguas causarem alguma confusão.

Thanks,
When another watch face creator thinks my designs are good, then I know I must be doing something right.

5 Likes

Unless I am very much mistaken Facer already offers a way to monetise a design and stay within TOS…

2 Likes

Yes, it does. Unfortunately, there are people everywhere who feel that they are entitled to change rules to suit themselves. The excuses they give speak volumes.