What face do you have on YOUR watch?

Usually, a latest one or one I’m testing - today this one still unpublished.

8 Likes

I like that @thomasfmal Be happy to see it when it’s completed :smiley:

2 Likes

Musical notes?
I like it! Very clean!

2 Likes

Nice, clean face and am dure it will ne meaningul to the mudicly trained. I just fpm’t know hoe the notes resonate eiyh the numbers but, really it would notmatter that muvh until asled and I would have to beg ignorance.

Do the notes really vorrespomd mathmattically with the numbers they represent ot is it just a style choice?

Either way a nice lookig face. Just asking.

3 Likes

@rob.fisk If you play every key on a piano from A up to the next A (chromatic scale) that’s all the notes within an octave. Sharps (pound sign) are the black keys.
I made another face called circle of fifths. Don’t get me started on explaining that, LOL :rofl:

4 Likes

Gizmo did a watch face I love and changed it for me. He/She added what I like and so I wear that face.

5 Likes

@garf44

3 Likes

hugs your welcome

3 Likes

nice! I would have expected C to be 12 o’clock but I guess it’s not really that important :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@kvansant I thought about going from C at 12, but chose A instead. I liked the look of it for some reason.

3 Likes

@garf44 what face is it?

3 Likes

It’s this one @thomasfmal

5 Likes

@icrltd4 OOOHHH - NICE! I like that one.

3 Likes

Thanks @thomasfmal There’s a cool animation showing through the edges of the hexes too :grinning:

2 Likes

I love the hexy background!! That is what I keep going back to on my computer. It is just quiet enough for me to work on without being too distracting.
I also like dark backgrounds right now. Very calming.

2 Likes

Today I received the deployment clasp metal band I had ordered for my new GW4. A perfect fit, and makes the watch work better for me! As I was installing it, I synced one of my battery-lover faces to match the black band. It’s slowly moving up to be my #1 favorite…

Type A-17A, US Army issue, 1954.
(still working on the best placement of a couple of faded complications)

7 Likes

Those numerals look like they should glow in the dark!!! (do they? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

3 Likes

AOD looks pretty Luminous. I like a Half second Tick. :blush::+1:

3 Likes

One of the things I like about vintage watches: vintage luminescent paint and its fuzzy green glow. I’m not quite sure exactly what this particular 1954 watch used, since up until the late 1960s they still used some amount of radium mixed with phosphor (and the fact that this is a generic military design specification, made by multiple manufacturers).

A far cry are a couple of WW1 watches I also recreated, these had full blown radium hand painted on them that got watchface artists gravely sick in their day. They actually used their tongues to wet and shape the paintbrushes they used to paint on the radium :flushed:.

@alwaysbusy4family, just activate the dim mode.

@russellcresser, I don’t like anything slower than 2 ticks/sec, it feels like an eternity waiting for the second hand to move! I like the smooth version even less.

3 Likes

UGH! I can’t imagine putting a paintbrush in my mouth - but then again, I have a thing about putting chemicals I don’t know in my face. Our food has enough weird chemicals! :crazy_face:
Now I am going to think about that every time I see anything glow in the dark!

Oddly enough, there is glow in the dark yarn and thread that is used especially during certain holidays of the year. The thread is more readily available for quilting and sewing. I haven’t used it because I seldom have projects that would call for it. However, maybe one day I will make a wall hanging for my husband because he likes his office dark when he is gaming. Imagine his face if he saw glow in the dark embroidery lettering on that - it may flip him out! :scream:
I also crochet, so making a dog toy I can see at night might have advantages. But now I think I will check about putting anything like that in my doggos face! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to admit, seeing different color choices in watchfaces is interesting. That is the first time in a while I have seen something that reminded me of my childhood so vividly. I miss those yo-yos and superballs and glow sticks…

4 Likes