What time is it, really?

Wow, the clock portion is tiny in this one… it’s more like a calendar with a clock complication! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

So… minutes ago I received a strange email, about a new comment on my watchface, which doesn’t seem to make sense since I have nothing published. Can’t tell who it’s from, can’t tell what alleged face it’s about. The “Reply to this review” link takes me to my main Creator page listing all my faces. Looking through the list of my faces, none show as having a comment. Did I step into the Twilight Zone?

1 Like

@kourosh. I think the problem is you can actually comment on an Unpublished Draft you have shown on here or elsewhere. I have had that before from someone. Sadly it comes up in your notifications but you can not reply. I will show you a test if you like.
I am certain that is what it is. Nothing Sinister.
I am not surprised people are begging you to Publish these things you keep showing us. You are a Tease :::)))

3 Likes

It is comment under the face you started this thread with.
In PC browser page of your draft face you should have the reply link on the right side of the comment line.

3 Likes

:hushed: I would have never guessed to look there… the email gave no clue as to which face and there is no Community notification. Thanks!

2 Likes

@EnerJay your comment threw me for a loop, because of the confusing email Facer sent me! But to answer your question: originally I had made this face just for going through the mechanics of bringing that antique patent to life and seeing the design work. But I suppose I can publish it too. Just sit tight for a little bit while I finish touching up all my existing faces so I can start publishing them. I’ll include this one among the first few.

Also, how would you feel if I added another line for the date, and if I had all 3 lines fade out (or fade away completely) to unclutter the face, similar my second Satellite face in the link below? On that second Satellite face, go into dim/dark mode then come back out, to see the fading effect.

3 Likes

My total apologies! I’m very new here (had the app less than 2 weeks now) and posted in the wrong place :see_no_evil:

I’m just being lazy and didn’t want to recreate it myself :joy: but I actually would prefer it with a black background so might just recreate it myself anyway (would definitely not be as clean as your product though holy wowzers)

Anyways sorry for throwing you for a loop with commenting on the wrong place and thanks for replying!

3 Likes

Side note, does anyone know how I can change my username? it seems to have been generated based on my email which is concerning… I can’t figure out how to change it… who can I contact?

Edit: will post in the Support category

2 Likes

This is drifting off topic a bit but for now see if this helps .
Go to Facer.io on a Laptop or Desktop PC.
On the edit Profile Page change your Name and the URL.
You will obviously have to have your password handy .

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I’ve sent in a support request…

I’ve updated that as you’ve said, and you can find me here: EnerJay - watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

But on here, https://community.facer.io/ , it’s still the weird username:

I’m sure the support team will assist when they have time. Thanks though! And yeah stopping the off-topic discussion now! Sorry @kourosh

3 Likes

Please do not be sorry. We are allowed to go off topic , just makes it difficult to search for stuff by the Tile of the Topic.

I can not remember how but most have a different name for here as opposed to their Facer Maker Profile Names.

3 Likes

@EnerJay
I “think” that your Facer Community name is your email address before the @, at least mine is, and I don’t think it can be changed. You could always set up a new disposable email address and use it for your primary Facer Community email. If you do just make sure the email is what you want to be seen here.

3 Likes

Sadly, I added a new email, set it to my primary and it did not change my username… the only other option is probably to delete my account and create it again with the new email… but I’ll wait for feedback from the mods before doing that

3 Likes

My user name is not the name in my email address. I think you can change it, but only when you create the account, not afterwards.

5 Likes

No worries. How’s this for a black version?

I gave fading indicators to both versions, plus lume and AOD/dim mode.

8 Likes

Wow, what a strange watchface! You did well doing that! I would get stuck doing that for sure! Congrats!

3 Likes

Thanks, it is indeed a strange watchface with a strange concept!

3 Likes

That is amazing, I want it :smiley:

2 Likes

If I may be honest, I feel that unique styles, such as this example, are understated. I say this because most users want something quick and easy to read. They prefer something they are comfortable with, all because they it is what they are used to seeing. This one is very easy to read and that makes it very user-friendly as well.

6 Likes

@kourosh I’ve “followed” you, is that all I need to do to know when you publish this watch face? I’d probably even buy it if you make it a paid face… my attempts are pretty sad in comparison so far :smiley:

2 Likes