[WiP] DBMC-BC color change

Raise you ZX81. :thinking::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Windows 1.0?

1 Like

You guys are all old AF! :smiley: Myself included. hehe

2 Likes

DOS 6 :smile: My first Windows was 3,1 I think but it was on 13 Floppies .

Any way back to the Colour Changing Topic . We don’t want to drift too much .

When I can not get the data I want for a test I often use the Time machine slider and some Jiggery Pokery with #DWFHS# . That leads me to use those rotations often as timers because that is how I simulated it .

I found this a lot easier to deal with as the formulas were split up . My favourite wat to work .

Any way I have included SR ’ S code with no modifications apart from the LAT SIM . So substitute the sim bit for LAT and you are good to go . BTW LAT is +90 to -90 of course that does not apply to LNG .

I had a cheap Radio Shack computer back in 1980, a whopping 2 kB of RAM, only tape as storage, no onboard ROM. Hooked up to the TV. Spent 100’s of hours trying out various stuff. The program I remember best working on was a kaleidoscope, drawing a random dot and mirroring it around the screen. Since I was in the 6th-7th grade, I didn’t know any trig, so had to logic it out.
Later got a 4kB RAM but lost interest in computers in about 1982-1983. Never had anything as fancy as the Commodore 64.

1 Like

Did you get the big sticker to put on your TV to make it a green screen ? For the ZX81 you payed £50 for a 1k memory expansion Pack I think if you spend a bit of time you can get 1TB SSD drive for that money now .

I can’t remember the colors when writing code, but plotting graphics was black background and rgb+cmy and black and white. And the code was written in Basic. That was pretty much all you could do with it.
Was the expansion pack 1k of RAM or ROM?

1 Like

Eeek . ZX81 never had a ROM . The BBC B+ had slots for EPROM . I think I remember some one had written a chess game in ASSSEMBLER that fitted into the 1K ZX81 came with .

Well, to get very geeky about it, the SSD drive is storage, ROM not RAM, so not comparable. RAM is always more expensive. Of course 1kB RAM would only cost something today because it is antique. It is long crossed from MB to GB. How much a TB costs, I don’t know.

1 Like

I use to get 2TB drives for free out of old sky Boxes . They insist in taking them back now .

1 Like

I see a lot of antiques here.
computers and users? :rofl:

1 Like

Sadly I think the various computers are the juniors in many cases. I think we are very fortunate to be on the crest of the Tech Wave. In the bad old days we had Tape Players that could send signals to active displays for museum stuff. Programmed with a push button and a stopwatch. :rofl:

you could say i was lucky that this technology became available to us at a time when the c64 and amiga 500 were new on the market.
So my generation with the new technology was able to experience this rapid development.

1 Like

Anybody remember sliderules?..
:smiley:

1 Like

Still got a 5 inch one but don’t get it out that often when I do everyone laughs.

In case any body wonders what I am talking about.

Here it is 5" but I don’t use it as a Rule.

3 Likes

ohhh
I haven’t held it in my hand for over 30 years

1 Like

Okay this has to be the coup de grace to this ‘guess how old we are’ competition we seem to have started - i still have a book of ‘logarithm tables’ i last used at school although I must admit I haven’t seen it for a while! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok you get the Prize . Lets not wait for the Clay Tablet and Abacus crowd to turn up .

200 (1)

1 Like