[WiP] DBMC-BC color change

Gee thanks Tom, now I feel even older. I graduated high school in 74. My first experience with computers was at the GM dealership I worked at using a PC version of the Apple using 5½ floppy disks with the program and all linked to a satellite for ordering parts and getting the latest bulletin updates on car repair. Which would have been in the very early 90’s.

2 Likes

I am happy that we can all revel in these memories again.

But I would like to come back to my second question.

the last detail is the seasons.
Is there a chance to program them in such a way that they are displayed correctly anywhere in the world?
or should I omit this detail?

2 Likes

@SR-Design.vision

There have been a few bits of code left about . I will try link you to a nice test . North South is easy with LAT . You could have a band that describes the rainy seasons for the equator . Summer and winter there is a little bit of a joke . But I don’t think Many Hooten Tots wear smart watches .

This was posted earlier in the topic by @thomasfmal .

Good basic coding . will give you flips for the seasons North or South of the Equator.
Note || in the last Formula for crossing Zero.

Text - $#LAT#>0?Summer:Winter$
Opacity - $#DD#>=174&&#DD#<=265?100:0$

Text - $#LAT#>0?Spring:Fall$
Opacity - $#DD#>=79&&#DD#<=173?100:0$

Text - $#LAT#>0?Fall:Spring$
Opacity - $#DD#>=266&&#DD#<=354?100:0$

Text - $#LAT#>0?Winter:Summer$
Opacity - $#DD#>=355||#DD#<=78?100:0$

3 Likes

I have seen these codes work.
I just don’t understand how I apply this to the images in my case in such a way that the north-south coding works automatically.

1 Like

In my mind the easiest way would be to put the northern latitude text box in the X box with the >0?position:999$ for the southern one >0?999:position$, then use the listed opacity for the correct dated image to display.

At least that is what I would try first. You will probably have to fiddle with it to make it work, but splitting the coding between positions and opacity is probably the easiest method.

1 Like

Working on it . I have to Bow out on this one my brain can not deal with the juxtapositions .

When using images that you want only in a certain season and only in N or S hemisphere you need two images for each hemisphere, so 8 images total. Use X or Y to move the image where you want it or off screen.

2 Likes

I haven’t come to test yet.
I continued on with another project to clear my head.

3 Likes

Did I understand that correctly?
… when using pictures …

northern latitude
X Position
$#LAT#<0?999:160$
Summer
Spring
Fall
Winter

southern latitude
X Position
$#LAT#>0?999:160$
Winter
Fall
Spring
Summer

1 Like

Good bit of Disection. I find that the best way to work. Means you can test things seperatly. The bes thing to do is test it I have some nice test images. But I am certain you could get some or make them.

For testing, I’m already using the planned colors for this segment.
Everything seems to be working fine.
I saved the settings in the face.
It should still be open for inspection.

Unfortunately I can’t go to Australia for a short time to test the southern settings.
My account balance and my employer do not allow this. :rofl:

3 Likes

You could try Invoke @mountain_lion . He kindly tested someting like that for me. Being in South Africa pretty much South of the Equator. You could do a lightning Publication when he is ready to do a test It might be a good Idea to DM him. He might have a Better Idea.

direct message?

1 Like

Looks good.

Apparently I have been summoned (i.e. @ mentioned) here … :slight_smile:
Although I have not had time to spend on facing for the last few months, I still lurk around. :disguised_face:

Happy to test next week. I will be away in the mountains this weekend without access to the internet.
But I think the functionality to sync an unpublished design was removed since I last did the test for @russellcresser, so we will need to coordinate the download if you do not want to release to everybody yet.

@Facer_Official should consider adding functionality to change location to Designer.

3 Likes

Continuing on with reminiscing about days gone by, I had an Acorn Atom (pre-runner of the BBC micro) in high school :slight_smile:

Only data storage was audio cassette and if you did not have the volume level set just right during loading (or saving), you had to start the process all over again…

2 Likes

Ah, the memory lane… do you remember this one? Commodore 64. My first one.

Did some simple inventory programming for the army, that’s how powerful it was.

C64combo

3 Likes

You guys. Showing us the Disc drives you started with. We used to type ot the programs that wre in the Magazines. Non ever worked. So you were dubugging while you learnt. The anticipation of loading from Cassettes is unparalleled .

2 Likes

In fact I started with casettes. Couldn’t find any picture with casette player. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Okay - i beat all you late comers to the party. I had A Sinclair ZX82 :slight_smile:

1 Like