Tizen 3.0 Update Support Megapost

@Facer_Official: Thank you for clarifying @dranreb.cheng, have you updated and can you load 20 faces?

1 Like

@Facer_Official @Gavin @ariel Good News!, updated the following and watch (Samsung Gear S3 non-lte) has not reverted to a pre-installed face today.
1). Gear/Tizen software (3.0.0.1) Jan 07, 2018
2). Facer Companion (4.2.4.5) Jan 07, 2018
3). Gear S Plugin for Android (2.2.03.17121541N) updated Dec 19, 2017
Iā€™ll report back if there is any noticeable improvement in battery life
Also now when using the face picker I can see ā€œrecently 4/19ā€ etc very good, is this new? Now I know how many face are loaded on may watch. I hope that others can report the same positive results!

Day two report:
4). When watch is in ā€˜Airplane Modeā€™ face defaults back to Samsung face
5). When watch is in ā€˜Airplane Modeā€™ Facer face reloads on ā€˜awakeā€™
6). 4 and 5 are true regardless of battery % (charge)
7). Battery drain is worse than ever

1 Like

@hayden thanks for the updated report! Weā€™ll investigate the battery issue - itā€™s strange that it varies so widely as we havenā€™t changed much in regards to battery usage, so I wonder if itā€™s on the Tizen side (their original version was polling the accelerometer 3x over Tizen 2.0, so there have been some battery-costing mistakes in the OS).

Have other people experienced improvements with the reset?

1 Like

Iā€™m having an issue where the facer watch faces (none) are not showing my phone battery level. They only show my watchā€™s battery level. This is a new install and Iā€™ve already tried selecting a different watch faces (whether in facer or not) and restarting my watch. Not sure what else to do.

1 Like

Just updated my Gear s3 with new firmware which is now available in the UK
Quick Guide: Samsung Gear S3 TIZEN Firmware update to 3.0.0.1 UK
Takes a while to update but works. Many new features.

1 Like

@dudethatserin typically this issue can occur if our app does not continue to run on your phone. Can you make sure that the app is running on your phone and let me know if this resolves the issue?

I have been fighting the same issue. Have totally uninstalled the app and the companion app in the watch. Reset the watch. Reloaded the app and companion. Uploaded watch faces and its hit or miss on the phone power level. Sometimes the weather info as well. Seems to help to reload the companion to the watch - but synching lasts maybe a day before its stops.

All started with the Tizen update.

1 Like

Hi Gavin. Any news on issue 3? Thanks

1 Like

Install the beta version of Facer 4.5.0_4624_beta and issue # 3 was not solved.
:disappointed:

1 Like

We have been testing a version internally that has not had this issue so far, weā€™ll be submitting to Samsung right away (though the review times can sometimes take quite a while once we submit). Stay tuned!

1 Like

I have same issue of battery drain after the last facer upgrade. Im using tag modular 45. Before the watch consumed 5% an hr for facer watchface. Now its taking 20% an hr

1 Like

Hello Gavin, I just installed the new beta version of Facer and the issue # 3 continues the same but a little more spaced. I can not detect at what exact moment it returns to the default face of samsung. I will continue looking for a pattern that indicates when it occurs.
I have a samsung gear S3 and a galaxy S8 with everything updated to the latest versions.

1 Like

Hi @plamas, unfortunately the beta versions in Google Play only address issues with Android Wear and the Phone part of our app, we have to wait for Samsung to approve our submission to the Galaxy App Store before a fix for this will be available. Weā€™re hoping this will be approved by next week.

3 Likes

Thanks Gavin

1 Like

Still having the same issues. Canā€™t sync. When I so battery drains fast. And yes Iā€™ve troubleshot everything

1 Like

Dear hayden !
The latest version of Facer Companion uploaded to my watch is 4.2.4.5, but it only holds eight clock faces. But according to you, this version contains 20 faces clock. I am using Gear S3 Frontier, Tizen 3.0.0.1. Can only help me a little experience. Thank you very much.

(Very sorry my English is not good, this is me, thanks to Google for help.)

1 Like

You need to buy the premium version, Facer Plus, to get the 20 watch faces and no ads.
It is $2.99 right now for a limited time.
Then back to $3.99

2 Likes

Dear shootpargolf! This problem I have understood and has it.

I want to ask is App Faver installed on the clock it only holds 6 faces, it is too little.

Thanks shootpargolf for your interest.

1 Like

Ok looks like you do have the Plus account.
After I bought the plus, I canā€™t update the daily freebies. It is saying no internet connection now. Lol.

1 Like

Hi @Gavin,

Latest Tizen and Companion app here, still reverting back to default watch face a couple of times a day - is this a Tizen issue you wonā€™t be able to fix?

1 Like