Another bit of curiosity here

Quick question guys.
Is it possible to have to different times on a watch?
I don’t mean a GMT function. For example my watch I linked here.
Is it possible for each of the 2 times to be different? For example could you have the analog time set for say L.A time and the digital set for Tokyo time or vice versa?
. [](<iframe

I’ve never used it, but this could be it:

3 Likes

Very cool. I will have to look into that.
Thank you.

2 Likes

@tom_p199 & @masterboyhr

The #DZZ# tag makes my watchface show UTC-05:00 for the timezone I am in. I am in Eastern Standard Time (EST) which right now is -5 offset from UTC. The only way you can have two timezones is to have an offset from your current time such as on an analog watchface the extra hour hand would be (#DWFKS#-90) to show three hours slower than your time zone. The -90 is the number of degrees from the current time you want to show. Every hour is 30 degrees from the past hour and 30 degrees from the next hour.

Doing the above is very complicated with a digital watchface due to the hour passing passing through the zero hour at midnight. Without a very complex expression you will end up seeing 13 for 12 midnight or noon.

2 Likes

Of course you could. I suggest read some. Timezones are frequently asked question and well documented I think. Just put it in the search and you will see.
For example here:
How do I display the Central Time Zone no matter where I am in the world? - Support - FACER Community
or here:
Different Timezone Expression - Support - FACER Community

3 Likes

Here is an example watch face where TZ1 London (+5) and TZ2 Beijing (+13). If you are located in new york it works :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @tom_p199
Yes, you can do what you ask. I’ve done it often on my faces. You have to do it this way, but you have to be Premium.

For 12 h dial

1. CREATE 2 VAR POINTS
    1 AT THREE ASVAR INCREMENT, for example. or everywhere you like
    1 AT 9 AS VAR DECREMENT
    2)IN THE SECOND HOUR HAND YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE TAG #DWFKS# WITH THE EXPRESSION (#DWFKS#+(#VAR_1#*30)) FOR SMOOTH MOVEMENT (#DWFK#+(#VAR_1#*30)) FOR MOVEMENT IN ONE JUMP
    To achieve this you gotta add 2 elements wherever you want, VAR Increment and VAR decrement from the Interactions section I believe it is. Then, click on the hour needle and replace it’s rotation formula from #DWFKS# to (#DWFKS#+(#VAR_1#*30)). This will make it so the hour needle will move exactly one hour forward or backwards depending which of the 2 VAR elements from above you tap on :v:
    Note the VAR number from the increment/decrement elements must match the VAR number in the formula, that is to say, if you set your elements to mess with VAR 3 instead (because you may already be using 1 and 2), you must also change the hour needle formula to #VAR_3#.

Fpr 24 h Dial

ADD A VAR INCREMENT & A VAR DECREMENT as above

INSERT IN TEXT FIELD:

((floor(#DNOW#/3.6e6)+24+#VAR_2#)%24):#DmZ#:#DsZ#

OPPURE

$#DH#+#VAR_1#<0?24+#DH#+#VAR_1#:$$#DH#+#VAR_1#>23?#DH#+#VAR_1#-24:#DH#+#VAR_1#$:#DmZ#
Some guy here gave me this math and works perfectly. I want to apologize because years have passed and I don’t remember who he was, otherwise I would give him the right credits. Sorry.
Here yoy can see one of my faces with customizable digital time. Inspection open
ANA DIGI WATCH 2 • Facer: the world’s largest watch face platform

And here an analog face. Inspection open.
My new design SW • Facer: the world’s largest watch face platform
I hope this can help

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply and the bit of knowledge you have bestowed upon me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @diavo . Good to see you again . Thanks for showing us some Legacy Stuff . Great to see #DNOW# getting an Airing . Yes it is impossible to remember which Giant came up with which gem of a Formula .
So we credit the Community which does nothing but increase the Power of its Spirit .

2 Likes

I think you need to be premium only if you want to change the time zones on the fly with touch.
If its enough for you to have just one setting at a time, you can make yourself multiple different faces with fixed time zones and switch them whenever needed (it takes longer but its free).

5 Likes