Customizable complications with no icon

Does anyone know if it’s possible to have a customizable complication without the icons that Facer shows? On the Pixel Watch, they flash and look dumb, so I mask them and use my own images on top. Better would be if #ZSC# worked on the Pixel, but I guess we have to wait for that.

Also, is there by any chance a tag for calories burned? I haven’t found one in the docs.

1 Like

to your 2nd question, check here

1 Like

Calories, another topic:

2 Likes

No answer here, sometimes you have to mask them, sometimes they look fine.
Depending on the complication you use.

2 Likes

That looks like a really useful formula. I shall try it out. The Pixel Watch “talks” to Fitbit. Fitbit has a built-in formula (much like Google Fit) and the Fitbit app also has weight and age, etc. built in, so, although I don’t know Fitbit’s programming language, I suppose the logic is similar.

Either way, your formula has to be an improvement on a customizable complication. Although that does give me Fitbit’s number, I have to do too much messing around to mask the silly icon.

1 Like

Thanks so much (re calories). I experimented with a face that also has the customizable complication for calories - that matches Fitbit. Right now, your formula gives me 772 while Fitbit says 541. I would love for yours to be right - then I could have a 200 calorie snack. :grinning:

I guess we Pixel Watch folks are still in the waiting game for Facer to play nicely with Fitbit. Someday (over the rainbow) :smile_cat:

1 Like

Here’s an interesting bit - I loaded up Google Fit and put in all the age/weight, etc. info that it asks for. It reports calories burned at the moment (both walking and just living) as 581 while Fitbit reports 563. Not awfully different. Your very cool formula though reports 808. :disappointed:

1 Like

I am wondering if this big difference has something to do with the face that #ZSC# won’t count past 999 on the Pixel Watch. That would make sense since #ZSC# is part of the formula.

1 Like

I’ve just compared:

it’s 8:23 AM at the moment
and calories readings at the moment are

Google Fit: 621 cal

Samsung Health: 658 cal

My formula: 660 cal

So, there are differences, I decided to trust Samsung Health.

It was a long time ago when I made that formula, I guess I’ve calibrated it to Samsung Health.
Also, I’m 95 kg, male, it was calibrated for me.

I guess there is no right answer here, none of them is 100% correct.

2 Likes

@masterboyhr the answer is that reading has to be calibrated to your Biometrics . But all your other activity in the day apart from Walking ha to be taken into account . Your Formula Looks spot on to me .

1 Like

It’s a great formula. I suspect the differences I spotted might also be due to Facer’s step counter and the Pixel Watch not playing nicely together. Since I can get Fitbit s reading using the customizable complication, that will have to do for now.

1 Like

For some brainless reason Samsung users cannot get access to Samsung Health, there are no complications that support data from Samsung Health (calories, stairs, sleep…).
Incredibly stupid!

1 Like

That’s pretty strange, especially if you have a Samsung watch. I assume you have all the permissions granted.

My guess is that is why there are the customizable complications, so that Facer doesn’t have to have specific complications for specific watches - just Wear OS in general. Those work for Fitbit, but unfortunately they turn all my designs into Premium.

Incredibly annoying, for sure.

1 Like

I’m trying to play with your formula. You said it was calibrated for yourself (95 kg. male). Of course the number would be overstated for me. Can you help me adjust it for a 58 kg female?

Here are my comparisons:
at 9:45 a.m.
Fitbit - 520
Fit - 556
Your formula - 720

My BMR is 1062 if that helps any.
There’s also the issue of #ZSC# not counting past 999 or going back to 0 on the Pixel Watch.

I wish I could figure out how Fitbit calculates it, but I doubt anyone will tell me.

Thanks.

1 Like

(round((((#DH#*60)+#DUm#)*0.95)+(#ZSC#/20)))

Here’s what I came up with although I’m not sure I could tell you why.
It gives me right now - 570 while Fit says 571 - definitely close enough. Fitbit says 535 so that too will do - close enough. Apparently, Facer is still counting #ZSC# even if the watch display says 0.

1 Like

Well, no - after about 4500 steps, some of which happened during a workout, the formula calorie burn was about 100 or some less than the Fibit calorie burn. Fit is just slightly more. I guess my only practical choice is the customizable complication where I can select Calories.

Ya know - there are thousands of Wear OS faces out there that certainly seem to work well enough on the Pixel Watch. However, the info is so tiny and hard to read (and the faces are pretty ugly too) that I invariably go right back to Facer, despite the frustrations. From what I have read about some of the issues people are having with the new Samsung Galaxy 6, I’ve lost hope for Wear OS 4 to fix these problems.

1 Like