Facer Tag #DWFSS# Broken Now

I am just making a Very simple Face to go on my Wife’s Watch since she has put on her Summer Cover ( white ) and Strap .

It is remarkably simple compared to My watch face . Basically Digital with a dot going round the bezel as seconds . The image is only 640X640 .

So #DWFSS# Is giving me a roughly 0.4 second tick on my GW4 and Creator . Interestingly enough it is fine on my wife’s GW2 Tizen . I even took the opportunity to play with Stroke and Glow .

With
#Dsm# broken
now
#DWFSS# Broken

That leaves us #DNOW# if we want something running smooth , in sync , with the RTC. If that gets broken the Time Travelers will be Pissed Off .

I have taken all the other faces off my watch and rebooted 3 time still the same result .

I wonder if @Facer_Official are interested in this one .

3 Likes

I get a flicker on the second hand when watch wakes using DWFSS tag.
Flicker is much less when using DNOW tag.

2 Likes

strange thing is, that when I add another regular second hand to the less affected dnow hand, then both start to flicker

2 Likes

@jason.clarke.uk . Thanks for translating DNOW . I made a test from scratch . Smooth as you like . I put your DNOW rotation formula in for my seconds dot on the Missues Watch and it is jumpy . The template must be carrying a bug . I am not worried as it is fine on the Tizen . I will do the same test on that face and see .

1 Like

Even WFS is not immune to this issue

1 Like

I will stick with the DWFSS tag. I got used to the jumping like every other annoyance!

1 Like

Yes a Long discussion on WFS . We can post Video Tests on the Forum there . I wish I could post some of the tests I have made . ANY WAY

SOLUTION

It seems like the Big N Bold Template has the bug built in .
So don’t use that as a template for starting a Hybrid.

I always start a Face with the blank template . This is one of the few times I started with a premade .

. . Smooth as you like in the preview . Just Bad on a GW4 .
2 Likes

That explains why I have not noticed that issue on my watchfaces. I always start with a blank face and go from there. What I have noticed is on my Fossil Carlyle test watch, every analog face I make even with the smooth seconds has a ticking to it instead of it being smooth. I assume that is because it’s stuck on WearOS 2 and isn’t able to be updated to WearOS 3 or 4.

3 Likes

Yeah . I thought my GW4 was the Business . It is on WOS4 .
But in this case it is defiantly that Template that has the Issue . I can not be bothered to test the rest . We are still better off than WFS Produced Faces . The only thing that can be run smooth on there is Thier Seconds hand and that is 10 hz which is not Brilliant . thee is no possibility to move any thing sub Second and it not jump .

1 Like

I always start with blank as well which explains why I didn’t have those issues.

2 Likes