[FIXED ISSUE] WearOS / iPhone syncing issues and/or QR code shows SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

Hi all,

A number of you have reported issues with WearOS watches connected to iPhone that may cause the QR code required to pair your watch with Facer to fail with error SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.

We’ve been able to reproduce and confirm the issue, and identified it as being caused by a recent WearOS update deployed by Google on October 29th 2020 on some watches. The version of WearOS causing the issue is Home App 2.39.0.3390011383.

We have notified Google of the issue and they are looking into it. We will be publishing updates here as we receive them. Stay tuned!

Note: The prior version of the WearOS Home App, version 2.39.0.3335555561, continues to work and is not affected by this issue. We’re not sure downgrading to it is possible, but it may be a workaround for now.

Thanks for your patience,
~The Facer team

:rotating_light: UPDATE November 10th 2020 : this bug has been confirmed by Google and a fix is on the way. We unfortunately don’t have an exact ETA yet, but we can confirm it’s treated as high priority and should be rolled out soon.

:rotating_light: Update November 16th 2020
The WearOS updates fixing the issue are currently being rolled out by Google this week. The versions you will need to get are:

• WearOS iOS companion app (installed on your iPhone): version 3.29.51.1
  • WearOS Home App (installed on your WearOS watch): version 2.41.0.341798469

IMPORTANT: both components need to be updated to the versions above for the QR code and syncing features of Facer to work. If only one is updated, it is expected for issues to still occur. The expectation is that these versions will be rolled out worldwide by the end of the week.

:rotating_light: Update November 23rd 2020
It appears the versions mentioned above sadly only partially fixed the issue. We’ve escalated the issue again with Google and they are actively looking into it.

:rotating_light: Update November 30th 2020
The fact that this issue isn’t resolved by the latest WearOS update was acknowledged by Google and they are working on a new fix. We are working with them to get an updated ETA and will share it here as soon as we have it.

:white_check_mark: Update December 2nd 2020 [FIXED]
GOOD NEWS! Google has released the updates fixing this issue and our team confirmed that Facer is now working again! Please do make sure you follow the instructions below to get Facer syncing again:

• Update the WearOS app on your iPhone to v.3.29.52 (available in Apple’s App Store)
  • Update the WearOS Home App on your watch to v2.43.0.344410213 (available in Google Play on your watch)
  • Uninstall and re-install Facer on your watch
  • Re-pair Facer by scanning the QR code (howto)

Once this is done, you should be able to sync faces from your iPhone to your WearOS watch again. Please let us know if you run into any issues. Don’t hesitate to reach out to facer-support@little-labs.com, which is the official support channel for Facer.

Thanks again for your patience!
The Facer team (with Google’s help!)

UPDATE November 10th 2020: this bug has been confirmed by Google and a fix is on the way. We unfortunately don’t have an exact ETA yet, but we can confirm it’s treated as high priority and should be rolled out soon.

Ive updated everything both android wear and facer app on watch (lg watch w7) and iphone(xr)…still unable to scan and connect the facer…previously it was not only showing the qr code on the watch now it shows but the app on phone doesn’t even scan…feels like my money wasted…please resolve asap… Any alternative method to connect to watch? Other than qr code? I guess the hands on the watch are obstructing the view…

Hi @drarpitbavaskar,

It looks like the update fixing the issue is slowly being rolled out by Google and you received one of the two updates needed to fix the issue. The second one should be rolled out before the end of the week. Thanks for your patience!

Update November 16th 2020
The WearOS updates fixing the issue are currently being rolled out by Google this week. The versions you will need to get are:

IMPORTANT: both components need to be updated to the versions above for the QR code and syncing features of Facer to work. If only one is updated, it is expected for issues to still occur. The expectation is that these versions will be rolled out worldwide by the end of the week.

Thanks for your patience!

earOS Home App (installed on your WearOS watch): version 2.41.0.341798469…
is this version available yet? i cant use FAcer still and its very frustrating and seemingly ripped off becvause we paid and its not working.

Hi I am one who using TicWatch Pro3 connected with IPhone 8. I always come to here to read the troubleshoot of this issue. Today I already update WearOS for both Watch and IPhone as same as that version. Now QR code was shown in my watch and can connect with iPhone but when I try to send watchface with many times to my watch, there is nothing happened. Please advise.

@arty-oacl can your confirm your phone is updated to:

Hi @j.arriolaseymour - I believe the WearOS Home App is still being progressively rolled out by Google and it may not be available worldwide until the end of the week.

Yes it is

I have the same problem. Updated wear os yesterday recent version as well the watch. Now see the QR code connect the watch but no sync face happen
Configuration
iPhone X and ticwatch pro. All apps updated !

Same problem. Ticwatch Pro 2020 and iPhone 11 Max.

Versions installed!!! When is watch updated version coming. Facer sync is not working still after qrcode sync. Can’t you send Watch face to my iphone

Hi @j.arriolaseymour

It looks like your Watch Home version is not yet updated to 2.41. Can you let us know when it is and see if syncing works after that?

All,

If you one of you manages to get both new versions of WearOS installed on their phone and watch, please let us know and let us know if it fixed the issue or not. As a reminder, you will need BOTH versions updated for it to work:

If you got these two versions and QR code now works but syncing doesn’t, definitely let us know so we can report this back to Google.