Fresh Faces Page Swamped

Sorry guys about the spam but no, it is not me publishing heaps of test faces.

I published a test face maybe 3 or 4 times spread over an hour or two ( so that a user could help me debug an issue ) but definitely not every few minutes so I have no idea what could be going on with notifications. People should have seen only a small number of notifications and since some of those were updates to a published face then it should have been even less since notifications are not normally sent out for updates.

I donā€™t get these kinds of repeat notifications myself but I can well understand that it would be very annoying. I do try to limit the number of test faces that I publish and I donā€™t otherwise publish free faces so hopefully you wonā€™t see this very often from me.

8 Likes

Yeahā€¦ right, its not that anyone lies in this worldā€¦oh wait ā€¦people lie about the most stupid of stuff all the timeā€¦Its called Gaslighting. Look it up. Youā€™ll learn it is used by alot of people alot of the time for no reason other than to get a negative response from you because their mummy didnt hug them enough. But dont feel sorry for them. thats what they want as well. They LOVE playing the victim.

I just discovered that 16 of my older watch faces got broken by a Facer update. I used a code for the analog hands that would start them at the 12-noon position then sweep them to the current time in about a second and a half. That code quit working and the hands stayed at noon, so I had to update all those watch faces. I have followed myself on all 3 of my accounts so I can keep track of stuff like this. After updating all those faces, I did not receive one single notice that I had posted a watch face. So, unless you totally deleted the face and then republished like it was a new face it should not have generated any notices. By the way, ā€œYour mileage may varyā€.

3 Likes

Yes that is what I thought. From memory I might have deleted and published a couple of faces, maybe 3, in that 2 or 3 hours and a couple of updates but not multiple times spaced by minutes. There is a support ticket in for the issue so hopefully it will get fixed at some point.

Oh, and just in case anyone thinks that people might be trying to generate multiple notifications on purpose, I really canā€™t see why anyone would do that - it would just annoy their followers to the point that they un-follow them. It would be totally counter productive.

7 Likes

Absolutely true!

4 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone thought that. The issue is that it only affects creative partners, and those are the only people with ANY influence with Facer, even if most of you claim you donā€™t have it. So the idea of unfollowing anyone for whom this applies is our way of trying to get you to influence Facer to fix this problem. :slight_smile: Itā€™s not a personal thing against you, and Iā€™m pretty sure we all agree that its not of your doing.

5 Likes

Hear Hear. What he said.

3 Likes

Whoa, Meleano has taken this to a whole new levelā€¦like 22 in a row with background changes only.

28 and counting now. Iā€™m not going to release my new face for a while as it will be like trying to find Waldo.

3 Likes

OMG the Nancy Pelosi one! Hahahahahahaha I almost have to have that.

But yes, editing yourself is one of the hardest parts of being a good designer.

2 Likes

No words needed

4 Likes

I got the 18 identical notifications too. No idea what is wrong.
I first wanted to complain about ā€œlook, who is talkingā€, but then noticed your faces were all unique :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah that Alberto wants to Take over. Good job he is not looking at his notification Panel to see all the likes he gets from all over the Planet. Especialy those who do more than 10k steps per day.

1 Like

holy shiā€¦ at first you scared me to ahahahah

3 Likes

Well, maybe a few words are needed. First, obviously I did not do anything on my end to make that happen. I just published the face once, as always, and for some reason the notification bug struck my release this time. Second, Iā€™ve reported it to Facer and included links to a couple of the threads here that have talked about this phenomenon. They said theyā€™d look into it. One of the observations they made was the screen shot I sent them from a user showing all the extra notifications showed her was using a much older version of the Facer App. Someone else commented that his was updated but he had experienced that big too, so maybe thereā€™s nothing to that theory, but itā€™s worth double checking that your app is updated. In any event, sorry for the B Sharp cluster bomb, and I hope Facer can solve this soon!

5 Likes

Would the app on my phone affect even the notifications in my PC browser? I cant tell if there was same number, since it only shows last 25, but I guess it was the same as on my phone. There is still more than 10 I can see

4 Likes

@kvansant. No one is having a go at you. Most of us know it is nothing to do with you. This has been going on for ages. Over a year. Obviously if someone gets 20 notifications it comes up again.

A lot of people do not take updates as they sometimes cause problems.

I accept all the app updates and always run Beta. I still get Multiple Notifications for Partners publications. Not as many as 20 though.

4 Likes

iā€™ve nothing to you , you and gauss are the last partners i still following for my personal reason, gauss since have always inspection open and you beccause your maniac shadow shiding realsm you have in your works so i can live with those multiple bot notification , i show that for you ,this thing damage you and your work , iā€™ve all updated and as you can see the petruccios pic of my pubblication this happen only to partners otherwise with my 5 simultaneus 5 pubblication i would have lost surely a 10% of followers :sweat:

4 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I donā€™t think anyone was singling me out for a hard time about it. Itā€™s the first time that Iā€™m aware of where this big has included a B Sharp. I just wanted to let you know itā€™s been reported to the Facer team and with a conveyed urgency since yeah, itā€™s annoying Iā€™m sure, and bad for us if itā€™s causing followers to bail out. Appreciate your support!

3 Likes

I find it odd that it is happening on only partner notifications to followers and not on regular ā€œProā€ creators. At least I have not seen any complaints about it on that level. I follow my main account with my personal account that I use on my personal watch, and Iā€™ve never seen a swamped notification from my main account. But if it ever does happen, Iā€™ll send an email to @Facer_Official to let them know about it.

3 Likes

I can not Imagine anyone taking you of thier Follow List. Well unless you do some really Horrid Faces :::)))

3 Likes