Fresh Faces Page Swamped

It is the same on all Michael’s Publications and some others . Do you have a way of telling the exact time . Only says 2hrs on the List I posted . Good morning . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My understanding is that that’s not how it works for partners. I don’t think they publish their own faces, Facer does it for them. I see this too @russellcresser, and like you, its every face for certain designers, who are always partners.

2 Likes

Same things happen to me,and there is no facer testing for pubblish,just looks at some comments and you will find that often there is something that dont works and had to be fixed.And just for info mostly partners upload right immediately when week chart algorithm start ,for pro faces they can do what they want but for free they kicked down andgrab visibility to amateur faces

1 Like

I thought MAG said the reset was Sunday Midnight . These Lists appear all week . I will try catch some more.

Yes, I have read here in the community, that the lists reset on Sunday and have noticed that between Sunday night and Monday morning that they are totally reshuffled. The rest of the days they tend to only change slightly.

1 Like

I dont know why there are so many notifications for MikeOdays faces, that’s weird. I had posted previously that I think/have seen the top 100 lists get reset on sunday midnight, at least for the paid list.

Free faces do NOT go through approvals, Paid faces MUST go through approvals and we have ZERO control over when they are released into the wild. I think that is a feature that Facer is looking into as it has been requested several times.

3 Likes

@Rator Thanks for your input . You and @Linlay are some of the few from the number of Partners that give us a bit here . What is going on here is a level of Feedback that may get some Informal Attention at the Minimum . I have often sent Feedback to Little Labs as requested but we all Know they are too busy with other stuff .
We now understand that the Publication of your Watches is not down to you . Does that apply to faces you Publish Free ?

1 Like

Only paid faces from partners are suoervised or also who post premium without to be a partner?

2 Likes

I think it’s only partner faces that go through approval since they can be purchased individually.

2 Likes

As supervisors they lack alot

2 Likes

No prob! I’m more of an art guy than a code guy so whenever I can help, I will. I think Facer is pretty small so I think each of them wear many hats, and sometimes I’ve had to wait a week or two for a face to be approved.

They are pretty thorough when it comes to approving paid faces. I’ve had some get kicked back for things I never caught. I’m sure things squeak by the process from time to time. As long as the designer fixes the issue, Like Mike OB did there, no harm no foul.

As for partners publishing free faces, no we do not have to wait. They go live when we click “publish”. The process is the same for us as it is for you in that regard.

For what its worth, I try to stay off the free list. I feel like thats your space. I remember before being a partner saying things to myself like “why the hell is Gauss launching free faces?!” I’m never gonna get into the top 10!

Having said that, I DID just launch a free piece a couple of days ago lmao, but the last one I released for free was over a year ago. I’m also not Gauss!

I did so because I forget sometimes that some of my followers might be free-face followers, so I’ll take one of my paid faces from one of my collections/brands and retool it to be a freebie for them.

Sometimes designers might release free faces in hopes of gaining new followers with the premise that they might convert them to paying followers one day I suppose, but that’s just a theory of mine. (doesn’t seem to work for me if I’m being transparent)

Anyway, carry on. You’re all very active here. You ask questions, learn, give answers and make faces. You’re doing it right!

9 Likes

I think it is great to see a Partners Face on the Free list. It can do nothing but Elevate the Craft. I understand it is an important way to catch a few new followers. Thanks for you input here.

4 Likes

Anytime! :metal: :laughing: :metal:

4 Likes

And another .

2 Likes

I was just about to post a screenshot of the same. Even worse than usual too - in its numerous forms, this face took up 23 out of the last 25 notifications. 5 or 6 per version. Ridiculous.

3 Likes

odd, I just got 1 for each of them… (there were 5 but each with a different number)

2 Likes

It is Sunday Evening . :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah i don’t think it happens to everyone . :thinking:

1 Like

There is one right now on the Explore watchfaces newest page after I posted my morning face, that has posted the same analog face with the same stock Facer hands in different colors for a total of 15 watch faces all with different names. :rage: If it had been just 3 or 4 of the most popular colors calling it a minimalist watch face, I wouldn’t think a thing about it, but 15?!?! Give me a break !

4 Likes

I am sorry but it is like the Apple Faces that have to include F… in the Text on the Face . People put a lot of energy into being Anti . Just think what we could do with that energy . Even the Newest Newbie would know that was silly . As always stinks of resentment to me .

3 Likes