Fresh Faces Page Swamped

I saw the announcement about hiring, and I also had an email as well, so I obviously applied :grin:

3 Likes

Oh great . We might get Animations on the Apple Watches Now. :::)))

4 Likes

There is NO F***ING way I would apply to work for Facer. Iā€™d be afraid I would get a job and then everyone would blame me for anything that happens here!!! :joy::rofl::laughing:

6 Likes

Ha Ha .

3 Likes

The only difference is that you would be getting a check while being blamed for everything that happens hereā€¦

3 Likes

Very true.

3 Likes

šŸ¤¦

Am i a Ghost? :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

You are just going to have to put more time and effort into you contribution to Facer Free. :joy::slightly_smiling_face::wink:

1 Like

they are like a dementor
hpdementor

2 Likes

They say they miss you using the App, but then say Take the Mini-Survey: I had that a while ago and ignored it, purely because it looks/sounds suspicious to me. In my opinion it was fake, dodgy, and maybe phishing.

2 Likes

Its all Phishing . All the advertising and Promo stuff on my Laptop and Tablet is about watches now .

3 Likes

Makes me glad I use adblockers on all my web browsers.

4 Likes

I work in the programmable advertising business. The reason you see all the advertising about watchfaces is because you use so many watchface related pages, do many google searches about watch faces, etc. This is called probammatic targeting. Phishing is where a websites pretends to be another website in order to steal your money, very different thing.

3 Likes

So essentially you take but do not give. Website owners use advertising to pay for their services. Hosting websites takes a lot of time and money, and by using adblockers, youā€™re essentially just giving them the middle finger by using their website.

2 Likes

Itā€™s legit, they want to know why you donā€™t use the app so much anymore. This is market research. Nothing phishing about it, because theyā€™re not trying to take money from you.

2 Likes

@Batwolf . Thanks for putting us straight on the subject . My comment was more in jest but mostly in Ignorance .

2 Likes

The websites I frequent are excluded from the add blockers, I only block websites that I might only visit once. You should not ASSUME you know what and why I am doing it. It makes an ASS out of YOU and ME! I support who I CHOOSE to support, not whoever happens to throw an advertisement in the way. Besides, do you realize just exactly how much of a pain in the ass it is to go to a website and be ambushed by video ads with the flipping sound turned on by default?!?!

If advertisements were polite pictures or pictures with words that if I were to be interested in I could click, I would not block ads. But when they yell and scream at me, no, they get blocked.

Since you work in the programmable advertising business, why donā€™t you work to make advertisements more polite and not be so obnoxious? When that happens, I will gladly remove my adblockers.

5 Likes

But Iā€™m useing app more than 10 times per day,how many times i have to use for the market research?

2 Likes

Totaly correct,I should not assume. and I apologise. As for my role I work with the booking and delivery of ads, and not the creation and content thereof, so I cannot control what you will or wonā€™t see. That being said, Europe has very strict laws about quality of ads, how cookies are used, videos with volume always on, etc. America and the rest should really get it together in that regard.

4 Likes

Apology accepted. I agree totally on the European controls over advertising. In America there are lots of rules about what can be advertised and what canā€™t. Cigarettes and hard alcohol ads are not allowed on TV at all. But after that pretty much anything goes. Itā€™s the wild, wild west on the internet for advertising here. I grew up in the late 1950ā€™s and 1960ā€™s with advertiser sponsored free over the air TV. I understand that is how itā€™s paid for. But it has become a Frankensteinā€™s Monster over here.

4 Likes