Fresh Faces Page Swamped

It’s an interesting topic (the one it morphed into).

Honestly, I’m sure that Facer wishes it could make literally everybody partners. If everybody could sell their faces, and Facer got a chunk of every sale…the more the merrier, right? The problem lies in copyright issues because Facer could get sued left and right for copyright infringement. That’s the vast majority of the lingo in the contract we partners sign. “Thou shalt not sell unoriginal content” etc etc.

Funny side note: we don’t even get a free premium membership as partners. We still have to pay for that.

I am admittedly nowhere near as active on here as I probably should be. I apologize for that. I enjoy helping people, and I know that is true for pretty much every other partner I’ve interacted with. This place is a treasure trove of coding information, which has helped me tremendously.

If anyone would like specific questions answered or feedback given on designs, I’d highly recommend joining the Facer-community Slack channel. It’s not always busy over there, but it’s a great way to reach out to individuals such as myself or Bsharp.

3 Likes

It appears that Batwolf was correct. I requested that we stay on the original topic, yet I was ignored.
If you like to just talk among yourselves go right ahead but do not complain if none of the partners show up to participate in the community.

2 Likes

So you say that partners not partecipate beccause we not stay on topic? Sorry but thaths Is hylarious ,you are hiking on the mirrors , looks at all the help request topics how many are off topic lol.Is it possible that with all that partners only 2 or 3 get their cintribution here? I really dunno why they post in off topic and dont post in help sections beccause we go off topic ,intriguing,and always accuse free amateurs of frustration for not to be a part of them when i think that 90% of us are here just for fun or personal challenge and satisfaction

1 Like

@Linlay

I must have missed something
I do not see where you asked to get back on topic, you asked a user about something within the original topic, got a reply and replied to it.
All within that said topic.

Still waiting on facer employee interaction though

As to the tangent,
Should a new thread be started, maybe, will partners not reply, sadly, probably seeing some responses.

I think it’s clear by now, partners have no clout as assumed, that’s been beaten in but.

Also mentioned above and awaiting facer employee interaction, is, are partners not allowed to help in the forums, it seems from your and the gentlemen you quoted, batwolf, that your not, willing that is because people have differing opinions from your own.

And possibly do requests.

Problem is, the few I have talked to give the same response.
I do not want to confuse my clients or do work that is subpar “tarnish my brand” still can’t figure that one out, how is a slight modification tarnishing a brand?
If anything, the slight changes shows customers willingness to go above and beyond which “might very well bring in more clients”

2 Likes

Please try the “Resources” section before slandering partners. I dare say that there are a lot of interesting topics started directly by partners as a “tutorial”. These are the places where those who have come up with something interesting themselves share this knowledge. Nobody forbade them.
The problem is that about a year ago (maybe a little more) there was a campaign from those who wanted to be partners, but they did not succeed. I don’t want to judge if their work was at that level. Since then, there has been a bit of an opinion that partners are pure evil and superhumans who will not help anyone. This was the period when a large part of the partners resigned, because despite all the efforts to do so, it led to the maximum feeling “the partner took pity, let’s rejoice”.

I try to help when I know. I can’t do math animations, I can’t do sequences, I can’t calculate the position of the moon. I know a bit about progressbar, I can try something on GW4. Because I’m from Europe, I often sleep when someone in the other half of the world has a problem, so I come late so often.

Perhaps the situation will calm down a bit again and we will be able to focus on what we enjoy here. And that’s the creation of watchfaces.

(I’m sorry, if something isn’t completely understandable, then Google translator is to blame)

5 Likes

Indeed. Help does not have to come from partners but sometimes does. There are plenty of people in the community that can help in all manner of ways but you wouldn’t expect to contact Samsung and ask them to make a telly with sparkles on the corners just for you.

Suggestions for possible improvement/versions, however, might be taken in better faith but still by no means a guarantee.
Basically, don’t be this guy:

3 Likes

I Personally think this Topic has Become very Intresting in many respects but mostly as it has brought together all the Usual Suspects.
The people who have chipped in on this one are the People who are found here regularly.
I have followed through on a few Topics now I can not remember one that did not Drift off Topic if it had some pages to it. People will always come in at a Tangent as our interests and Motivations are different. Thank God For that.

2 Likes

Dear All,
Is there anyone who feel that, suddenly sync and like reduced from yesterday. Compare with last 10 days, sync and like reduced drastically. I know though it depends on user / follower. But i feel and raise question that maybe there are any other issues. Please correct if i am wrong. Thank you all.

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone noticed . We were all so busy doing this . Now are you sure you question is on Topic ? :grinning: I think you will find fluctuations in activity regardless . The whole thing is run by a BOT I think is a Little like MARVIN the Paranoid Android from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Having a personality problem will make Bot a little erratic . I understand your concern as you are as Keen as Mustard . But I think you will find over a Period things Pan Out as they are Supposed to Be . :+1:

2 Likes

Hmm. So more help from the partners in the community seems to be a common wish?

I would, but nowadays i am so busy in my real life and main job that i simply have no spare time at the moment.

But - Nearly every single watch face of my large wf collections is open for inspection. When i started facing this was a big help for me to understand mechanics.

Being active in the community is a free choice, as a partner we are simply only offering our content on commission base. We are not members of the facer staff. I try to help in the community when i can, and already did a lot in the past when i had far more time.

As said before: Read the specs, do the tutorials and inspect open watch faces. For specific questions you can for sure ask the community. I am sure you will get some help.

Greetings, GAUSS.

8 Likes

You match the point . I wanted take you as example for what i mean help ,we know your open inspection on all your faces ,and it’s like a wiki so i take the occasion to thx for that, it’s really useful ,could be a conditional for posting free faces by partners to grow up the community ,but i bought a bounch of popcorn and had to finish them :grin::grin::grin::+1:

4 Likes

Just because this is an automated forum that is no reason to forget good community forum etiquette. Any search engine can provide information on manners for participating in communities whether guidelines are posted up front or not. Staying on topic is one of those manners. There are multiple discussions in Facer Community regarding becoming a partner, placement in the charts, resources for help, and more. There is no need to send one forum thread on tangents to bring those topics up again. Simply jump into one of established discussions in order to share or learn more. Look around. “Learning is a journey, not a destination.”

3 Likes

Sticking with the subject OP. I think there should be a limit to submissions daily. I’d suggest 5. I do see a lot of spamming in the ‘free’ section, which (I know from past experience) is really frustrating for the non-partner designers that have developed and then perfected an intricate design - and it’s functionality, only to find it swamped with another contributor flooding the ‘fresh faces’ sections with iterations of the same idea.

In answer to other issues bought up in this thread.

To resolve this frustration, I think there should be a non-partner creative section made more prominent on the app and homepage. Then there would be a clear opportunity for anyone who’s not a creative partner to have a section dedicated to their work. Limited in number, changed weekly and unavailable to creative partners, as they have other opportunities to feature their work.

As for creative partners publishing in the free section… well, in all honesty, it’s called marketing. I only speak for myself, and I’m not questioning the philanthropy of others, but I see it as a means of getting non-premium subscribers to want to subscribe or purchase.

Just my thoughts… Cheers. Rich (MACH-1)

6 Likes

OK, my last post here

It has been my experience that when people use normal avenues given
Examples:

1. create threads asking for assistance
  2. PM/DM a specific user
  3. reply to a specific user in their own thread

That all go ignored or for lack of a better term, get blown off with IMHO BS replies.

People go different routes, tangents in other threads for example.
Proper forum etiquette, maybe not but…

Sometimes it has to be done for attention to be made or received.

Eitherway, aside from the generous people providing free help here it’s obvious like everything else in this world, it’s all about money which is funny seeing some myself included are willing to pay extra, above and beyond being premium which gets me access to any and all faces on this site
Just with HR and steps which is pointless to me.

Anyway, as I stated, last message on this topic/tangent.

Good luck and have a good day everyone

2 Likes

A lot of the Folk we try to help on a Day to Day Basis here have not even attempted a Search for Anything and the last thing they are going to Dial Up is Forum Etiquette. I think we All have to let things Wobble a little while the Bogies Stay on the Track ::))

4 Likes

Much respect to everyone here in the Facer Community. I have been following this topic and was quite happy to read the latest comments from @Linlay and @GAUSS - you guys are always very helpful, and I love your designs too :grinning:
Partners or not, this is the best place to come to create Faces, regardless of anyones talent levels, and there is always so much to enjoy learning. Simply the best Face designing place there is :slightly_smiling_face: Have fun creating whatever kind of Faces you want everyone, I certainly do whenever I can, and really value all the help I’ve had along the way…thanks everyone :+1::beers:

5 Likes

Open invitation that wasn’t posted on their forum or web site, or messaged to users? Doesn’t sound very open.

My demeanor changed the day I realized I actually didn’t want to be a partner. Up to that point, I was nice as pie. Now I’m for the people. Yay! :smiley: You spend a lot of time defending Little Labs, claiming they’re busy with this, that and the other. The truth of the matter is, they don’t respond, and that’s bad business. If they’re so busy, maybe hire more people? They have plenty of people paying them money, so while I’m sure their overheads are not zero (data centre costs anyone?), they don’t have to come up with any of their own content. Their overheads in the grand scheme of things ain’t particularly high.

Exactly. Which is why the freebie charts could be a great resource for new designers to build a following. And this is the point. Partners already get way more resources than non-partners, and so to break into that is near impossible. Kind of like the music charts. Indie musicians don’t stand a chance against those with management that has national/international clout with radio stations and other resources that get air play. So, I don’t think anyone has suggested that partners not use the freebie charts. In fact, I think if they were banned from it, it would be bad for everyone. It would just be nice if they had a bit of class about it. And most of you do.

For me, the day I decided I didn’t want to be a partner was when I realized that all my faces that have charted are ones I really don’t care about. It was just the straw that broke the camels back though. Facer has lots of problems, mostly minor, but that all add up to a bad experience for those that care. For those that don’t care, well, its just water off a ducks, or camels back. :smiley:

6 Likes

eg

2 Likes

i’m unfollowing all that come with multiple notification ,unfortunally loose the screenshot i did monday to show a weird thing , mike ob 7 notification but b# only one , they are bot partners but different notification , mah…

2 Likes

I recall reading a public announcement, but I don’t remember where. Maybe phone app? Community? There was an expiration on it until Jan 31 with a note that there would be another opportunity in the future.

It’s not that easy. Companies in the US are having a hard time finding workers. During COVID lockdowns the government paid people not to work. Businesses folded and others are hanging on by a thread. Many people who stayed home have decided that they like that lifestyle so they are not going back to work. I don’t know about Facer, but they did advertise for help.

As to the freebie charts, the last time I looked I had 3 in there. Should I contribute more? What type of “class” should I add to my designs? I can assure you that I will not be publishing a large number of them in one day. Today I counted almost 20 from one member, thus taking up real estate on the Recent page - which is why this discussion was started. That is just inconsiderate. I wonder if people do not realize that they all show up on one page. (The issue with multiple notifications for the same designs is a software bug.)

3 Likes