GALAXY WATCH ULTRA by Samsung (It's About Time!)

The worst line/year of Samsung watches ever.

In my opinion watch 5 pro is the best watch and the watch 6 classic is the most beautiful one.

I skipped watch 6 only because it has weaker battery than watch 5 pro and I was looking forward to watch 7. I was 100% sure that I will buy watch 7.
Now I’m soooooo disappointed.

I cannot decide which one I want less. The ugly green color or the wierd ultra.

4 Likes

Here is a nice, 22 min video by sakitech, ultra unpacked.
The watch sucks, nothing new, nothing worth 700 euros.

The new, third button can activate a siren. Great! That’s what I was waiting for.

4 Likes

If it was priced the same as the 5 Pro I could overlook the odd shape and the proprietary watch bands. But to have both of those issues AND wanting to sell them for that price, is a full deal breaker. I don’t care how “great” the watch is.

5 Likes

They say that health sensors are 30% more accurate so now I’m wondering if it’s true.
I hope someone will make a test and publish the results.

Biosensors are (models before watch 7) good but not great, specially during workouts.
Heart rate is all over the place sometimes, exercises where muscles under the watch are moving confuse the watch. Like rowing machine: heart rate goes crazy, totally inaccurate, one moment it shows 80 beats and the next moment 110 beats.

So let’s wait and see if there is some improvement in that filed.

3 Likes

I like Ultra.:slight_smile:
When will the support be please?
Thank You

4 Likes

Facer_OfficialFacer Staff

10h

:warning: Important announcement for Galaxy Watch7 and Galaxy Watch Ultra users

Hi all,

As some of you have noticed, the recently announced Galaxy Watch7 and Galaxy Watch Ultra are NOT compatible with Facer due an unexpected policy change from Google. At this stage, you will NOT be able to use Facer and a large number of other 3rd party watch faces on these new smartwatches, and we therefore cannot recommend them.

We are actively working with Google and Samsung to resolve the issue, and will be issuing a more detailed update on all our channels in the coming days.

Thanks for your patience!

⁃The Facer team

4 Likes

Samsung fan boy. Happy with the ultra but not the early incompatibility with a few apps. This reminds me of my orange Tissot T-Touch.
I love the bulk and the 100atm for surfing and diving. Its not for everybody. They gave me $350 trade in for my classic 6 so with discounts it was $249. A great value if you ask me.

3 Likes

I jumped in myself with the preorder of the Ultra. I got $350 trade-in on my GW 5 Pro plus a free $80 watchband also. Now to wait until July 24th for the delivery.

2 Likes

They did it…

1 Like

Who did what?

2 Likes

They ordered that ugly uncompatible watch

2 Likes

Don’t love the Galaxy Sport throwback design, however it’s really a non issue the longer your wear it. Biggest disappointment are the 2 things that I loved to have but in a confession booth I will admit to barely ever “needed” Rotating Bezel and Power Share charging. All new tech is overpriced and Samsung is no stranger to the gouging. That’s being said the make there numbers churm with the most impressive trade-in values in the industry. I’ve traded in one of my older S3 Frontier watches and used a discount program like the law enforcement/government/student types out there to get the price down to a comfortable amount. I could have saved more by trading in a newer watch like my S6 Classic but…well… Ya know… bezels and charging shrugs. As far as early app incompatibility Facer is the only one that glares out in my use case and (don’t hate me) but if losing 1 app still left me with THOUSANDS of other options in its space. Well, that’s no deal breaker.

3 Likes

Watchfaces from Google Play work? All of them?
Please share.

1 Like

I love all the hate posts when the watch was announced and all they had was a few brief pictures and videos. I bought the Ultra, because it had a battery the same size as my 5 Pro. Which is why i Didn’t get the 4 or the 6 classic. Like others said, turning in my 5pro, plus preorder, as well as employee discount as a wireless manager, i got it under $240.

It feels great. It looks great. The screen is diamong clear. Yes im looking forward to Facer working on it as i pay for yearly subscription, but I have zero complaints on the watch 2 days in.

All the people who want to cry and moan about prices or looks, theres other nonapple or samsung watches you can get. Samsung gives you more options to lower their price with tradeins than fapple ever has. Go cry in a corner by yourself.

I charged it saturday night. You can see the battery indicator. Please complain more…

3 Likes

I’ve got mine on order right now. I do have one question since you have one in your (on your) hand. Does it still have the old basic dashboard watchface? That is the one I use all the time on all my watches.

Capture

1 Like

Yeah it does

2 Likes

Very good, thank you!

1 Like

Within the last few days all the faces I have from Google Play like WFP series, MD series, S4U series and Dream series all work. I did notice that the Rich Face series didn’t work although I haven’t used any of those faces since a few watches ago (I had got them in the Wear Store days). So not ALL but in my experience Facer is the only major omission in the Face game so far. I hope that helps

3 Likes

Thank you for the info!

1 Like

I like the improved screen resolution, faster google assistant response time and the fast button so far compared to GW6 classic

2 Likes