⚠️ IMPORTANT- Galaxy Watch7 and Galaxy Ultra compatibility

:warning: Important announcement for Galaxy Watch7 and Galaxy Watch Ultra users

Hi all,

As some of you have noticed, the recently announced Galaxy Watch7 and Galaxy Watch Ultra are NOT compatible with Facer due an unexpected policy change from Google. At this stage, you will NOT be able to use Facer and a large number of other 3rd party watch faces on these new smartwatches, and we therefore cannot recommend them.

We are actively working with Google and Samsung to resolve the issue, and will be issuing a more detailed update on all our channels in the coming days.

Thanks for your patience!

⁃The Facer team

UPDATE July 27th: the latest information on this topic is updated here: ⚠️ IMPORTANT - Samsung Galaxy Watch7/Ultra compatibility update

11 Likes

One reason more not to buy this watch…

7 Likes

Thank You for info. I will wait. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Let’s hope that a giant as Google or Samsung cares about Little Labs (Facer)

7 Likes

I have not been let down by Facer. Google have let down a lot of the Makers Using Watch Face Studio ( Samsung ) . I will stick with Facer and just change Brands . I know someone who is Enjoying Tick Watch . Not that keen on the look of the GW7 any way and forcing you to buy thier Bands is a CON in my Book .

6 Likes

Oh no…i have already preordered and am trading in my watch5 pro…looks like i will be without facer for a little while…will have to finally play with Samsung WFS!

4 Likes

Good info. Glad I went for the Watch 6 recently.

4 Likes

Another reason to stay away from the 7 Ultra. Not only is it horrible, not only is it very expensive, but should I also use the watch faces they say? At Samsung they have lost their minds. As far as I’m concerned they can buy them all themselves.
One final note on Galaxy Store WFs. Apart from a few very rare exceptions, there are the ugliest WFs I have ever seen.
Different thing when Tizen was there. Back then on the Galaxy Store there were the most beautiful and professional WFs I’ve ever seen. Now? A pain.
The worst is that Samsung has announced the end of support for Tizen WFs.
Where will we end up?
I will be forced to change brands.

5 Likes

Hi @russellcresser
I don’t want to disappoint you, but having had a TicWatch I would like to tell you that it was a big disappointment. How come? I tell you

1. Non-existent support
  2. Never had a software update in two years
  3. After 2 and a half years the battery has lost its charging capacity. Watch unusable and thrown in the bin.
    NEVER A MOBVOI WATCH AGAIN.
    Maybe things have changed in the meantime, but I don’t want to do the experiment.
    Take care
4 Likes

So true.

5 Likes

Yes, looks like we’ll have to wait for watch 8. Someone has gone crazy in Samsung.

5 Likes

Always Good to hear from you Thanks for the Advice . I was being a Petulant Child more than anthing else . I could no way afford any of the New Samsung Watches any way .

5 Likes

I have the exact opposite experience. My TicWatct 3 Pro Ultra GPS that I bought 2 years ago is reliable and works great.
I could agree to your points with the TicWatch Pro I had before that with a Snapdragon 2100 processor. It is no longer reliable and too slow.

6 Likes

Not sure which policy updates are affecting facer, but this might be why they have a job vacancy for a front end web engineer.

“Wear OS 5, the next update to the popular Android watch platform, will arrive later in 2024. Announced at Google I/O 2024, the update will focus on three key areas: Battery life improvements, new watch faces, and a horde of new fitness features.”

Facer will get it fixed sooner rather than later and hopefully more new features will come about in Creator as a result.

6 Likes

My Guess is that Samsung / Google do not want the Bad press the Third Party Platforms give the new watches . They will always use more Power and have connectivity issues . My guess they give the New Watches a Free run of the market with thier " Fantastic " Native Faces for a Year then let us join in when they are " Old ". I have given up trying to get GWD faces to my old Galaxy Active . But delight in the Facer Stuff I can still put on there . Thank you Facer . You are doing a difficult Job Well .

5 Likes

Got to be joking, as we say. Get with the program Samsung and Google. People expect flexibilty. Exclusivity is not healthy. Watch 6 is very similar to 7 so should not have this impediment. I have ordered one of these so I can’t even use my own designed faces that are usable on countless other watches.

5 Likes

In The Mean Time get on to WFS and make some there . You do not have to publish them . Like Facer they have some nice In House Resources .

5 Likes

Note: As of July 10, 2024, watch faces must use the Watch Face Format in order to be installed on new watches that launch with Wear OS 5 pre-installed. Learn more about the user-facing changes in this Help Center article.

Additionally, starting in early 2025 (specific date to be announced during Q4 2024), all new watch faces published on Google Play must use the Watch Face Format.

Source: Wear OS app quality  |  App quality  |  Android Developers

6 Likes

Facer is the biggest and the best. I would gather unlike any other designers for Google Play (myself included), Facer has a direct line to Google and I am sure the team at Facer are talking to real humans trying to fix this issue. The rest of us are just sitting on our hands…

7 Likes