Learning sequence

Sadly I think the Book / Manual would be too big. Topics on here have a Tendency to get Hijacked and go Off Topic. :rofl: So when you search the Community sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between a Good and Bad answer. So all you can do is test. Generally the Formulas that are short are the best.
I have made some Templates for things like Tourbillon. So whe I want to do one of those I start with that. Often I decide half way through so that does not work. So they are called TEMP. I also have loads of TEST Faces with very simple examples of Formulas on. These hav mostly been made to help here… So I can search my 900 Faces and only show the TEST s etc.
I have a long hard day today so that is me till later :::)))

NB Genraly the core of a formula is composed to geve a 0 to 1 or - 1 to +1. The number before that are often the start position and the numbers after usualy the length or angle of the movement.
Try taking some apart till you get the 0 to 1.
When I am testing I often put formulas in the Second Hand rotation. So see what it does. Some times it gets a bit confusing between position and angle.
When you start to remember some stuff it gets a bit easier.
If you stop Enjoying it. Do something Else.

Yeah, do that :rofl:

I find ‘only’ 139 watches, but maybe you have another profile where they stored.

1 Like

Ha Ha. I have some Apple watches as well. But I meant in my Works Folder with Drafts and Publushed. I tried really hard to have a small mumber of faces so People could look through them easily . But it does by nature Grow. I have stoppex Deleting them now so there sre not missing examples in the Vommunity. I have tried to put them back but after s while you can not edit a message in a Topic. Oh well :::)))

1 Like

Not finished (colouring, dig. time, tire coming off must be tweaked…)
But so far so good :+1:

1 Like

Hi Russel

I added a layer “smoke fading in”.
I start it at DWE+4sec.
I would like to fade it in from 0 - 100 % opacity over say 3 sec.
I would then like to start an 0% opacity layer to black like at DWE+5sec to run simultaneously.

I’m thinking about making 10 layers with increments of opacity.
But how can I fix it with a fading in formula to make it easier?

I found this treat but way to Chinese for my mayonaise-brain.

1 Like

I will look later on my Laptop . I presume you want to click on the Speedo and make it dissapear after the sequence has run and not before and you want to fade it out.
I have just joined PRO. But it is all new to me. The Formula you have shown here seems horribly complex to me. You should try to master some basic stuff before you go off to the Deep end.

1 Like

I put the formula for you, not for me :wink:
I know what I can (And certainly what I can’t).
Just found it on the forum and thought it could help.
Welcome to pro!

1 Like

all times are DWE + x seconds

• car-race: from 0 to 3.6 sec

• fire with GIF’s (3): from 3.6 (looping)

• covering the racescreen with a layer smoke fading in (question above) from 0 opacity till 100 % in ex. 3 seconds
    (ex. from 5 till 8 sec)

• covering everything from racescreen with a black layer fading in from 0 opacity till 100 % in ex. 2 sec
    from 6 sec (a bit later) till 8 sec (= full black)

always easy in the mind, but difficult to explain haha
Also unknowing if it’s possible, just wondering.

1 Like

I you don’t need to Make a sequence out of the smoke growing . I can show you how to do that with Opacity as well . I have some gardening to do in the weather Window .

So just a Quicky a bit Crude
I will do for all your fading .
If you can not work out the numbers get back

Fade / Reveal for Smoke .

$#DWE#>=4?(((#DWE#)-4)*10):0$

You know about the >=4 so the -4 means you start the Reveal at that timing . The *10 is the factor to full Opacity it goes over 100 but not a problem , I don’t think . We could Clamp it if we get problems.

You will have to play with the *10 number for the timing to Full .

If you make your Smoke Black you can use that for the complications background . I would make another Plate . I usually do what you are doing with a Mask / Window then you can have any shape behind it . I know where you started so I know why .

Fade / Reveal to black .

$#DWE#>=6?(((#DWE#)-6)*10):0$

:::)))

1 Like

Yeah, that was my question, maybe not well expressed.

I think it’s okay now. With a goof at the end.

1 Like

Sadly to me that is Now in Bad Taste . Well others might find it a Tribute .

It is a bad taste, it’s not meant to stay that way (a goof)

1 Like

Yeah. OK. I am very Sorry. Forgive me . Are you going to put some complicationd there.

no worries :+1:

1 Like

It’s gonna be a hearse driving away after 8 seconds for 2 seconds.

Y positioning is ok.
X positioning: I want the hearse to cover more distance in 2 seconds.
All the way to the left of the screen.

I started from this:

(320-(160+(((#DWE#)-3)*20)))

I put it in Excel to see what variables do,
I tried all kinds of combinations, but I can’t figure it out.
(in the table, the Xmovement starts at DWE = 0)

ps: I don’t remember where you put a link of a moving and shrinking object to create the distance-effect?

1 Like

The link for this was up the top of the Topic .

Have a go and if you get stuck get back . Your X Y is a bit complex but it is working .

yeahhh there is my friend the chimp I was looking for! Will give it a try

1 Like

Hi

My intention is to move the car more or less from:

• Right down (X=235 and Y=225)
  • To the left of the of the screen + bit higher (X=100 and Y=180)
    in more or less 2 seconds

I tried different formulas, also from your shimp.
I can’t get it to work.

Moving right to left: it works but way to slow, I want to speed it up to 2 seconds.
Moving upwards: I have no clue.

Also, if possible start at DWE+8 and finisch DWE+10
Or just come on screen at about DWE+8.

Bye
Nico

1 Like

I am doing some 3D printing at the moment I will have a look when I grt back in the house. Well done having a go. If I just do it straight off the Bat You learn nothing. Problem is Chimp is going one way and you want to go the other. Guess which is easiest?

Clue #1 there is a bit of MINUS. Involved.
We want to shrink the Herase a bit as well.